PDA

View Full Version : IGN must be stupid

d0x360
11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Ok so I read all the reviews, watched the video reviews.

Some of then, especially IGN said that this game was very repetitive. Well i'd say I've logged about 20 hours into this game. I've killed 5 of the guys, 100% on ever investigation so far, saved every citizen so far, found tons of flags etc.

I see where they are coming from but...they didnt mention that while you do the same thing's alot...its always fun.

I cant wait for more from this Series. I hope UBI makes more because this game is AAA.

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 11:48 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Photus
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I think they mean they weren't different enough, like their own individual levels. The only two missions in the whole game that felt like that were the first mission when Altair screwed up and the Talal mission.

Redalliance
11-18-2007, 01:43 PM
The IGN review made me pause for a while before buying this game. But I bought it anyways and I loved I honestly cannot agree with many points from that review. Yes it was repetitive but it was always fun. My only real concerns lay with a few bugs, just freezing really, and the fact that Altair can't swim? The game was fun and had an awesome story. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

c0mb0br3ak3r
11-18-2007, 05:02 PM
i agree lol everything we do in this game is something we would love to do in reall life whether it be pickpocketing saving citizens or (using RT and A with X) to speedily assassinate an unsuspecting enemey acher on top of a roof.

Ghost Dog 3
11-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Every game is repetitive in some ways. Shooters are always the same, racing is the exact same thing, sports games like fighting, NHL, NFK or Soccer is also the same.

Some people hated it because it had a story and its a major role in this game. Some players prefer games with game play then story, allot of my friends are like that.

Beside, its like Godfree said on the gamertagradio.com recent episode

"IGN and all the others major website are journalist writing about games while we are gamers writing about games!"

We meaning GTRadio and fellow gaming websites.

I think its a beautiful game and I rank it number 2 on my favourit games of all time.

Nobody has ever passed Legend of the Dragoon but this.

1, Shenmue I & II
2, Assassin's Creed
3, The Legend Of The Dragoon
4, Rainbow Six 3
5, Rainbow Six Vegas
6, Legend Of Legaia
7, Splinter Cell (series)
8, Ghost Recon (series)

unnamedninja
11-18-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm currently thinking that the story of assassin's creed runs a little bit too close to reality for the real New World Order types, and they're smearing the game to stop young impressionable minds buying it :P

Hey dont call me paranoid, if the graphic novels can be petitioned so they're not published then surely ign can be bribed into a fake review.

But i think if this game encourages people to look these things up on the net - and there's a lot of references in the game to a lot of Above Top Secret type stuff - i think that can only be a good thing. Fluoride, philadelphia project, CIA mind control, masons, mayans, NWO etc etc. List goes on and on, maybe a bit of overload on the conspiracy adds to the story, but i have to say patrice knows his stuff. :thumb:

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by GhostDog3:
Every game is repetitive in some ways. Shooters are always the same, racing is the exact same thing, sports games like fighting, NHL, NFK or Soccer is also the same.

Some people hated it because it had a story and its a major role in this game. Some players prefer games with game play then story, allot of my friends are like that.

Beside, its like Godfree said on the gamertagradio.com recent episode

"IGN and all the others major website are journalist writing about games while we are gamers writing about games!"

We meaning GTRadio and fellow gaming websites.

I think its a beautiful game and I rank it number 2 on my favourit games of all time.

Nobody has ever passed Legend of the Dragoon but this.

1, Shenmue I & II
2, Assassin's Creed
4, Rainbow Six 3
5, Rainbow Six Vegas
6, Legend Of Legaia
8, Ghost Recon (series)

JRPGs are huge timesinks, with the added value of bad dialog, mind-killingly boring story, and cliche after cliche character development. Add to this turn based combat and you have...the good looking video equivalent of a board game. Legend of the Dragoon in your top 3 of all time? Wow.

Faylinks
11-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by d0x360:
Ok so I read all the reviews, watched the video reviews.

Some of then, especially IGN said that this game was very repetitive. Well i'd say I've logged about 20 hours into this game. I've killed 5 of the guys, 100% on ever investigation so far, saved every citizen so far, found tons of flags etc.

I see where they are coming from but...they didnt mention that while you do the same thing's alot...its always fun.

I cant wait for more from this Series. I hope UBI makes more because this game is AAA.
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Robbinho1992
11-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by GhostDog3:
1, Shenmue I & II
2, Assassin's Creed
4, Rainbow Six 3
5, Rainbow Six Vegas
6, Legend Of Legaia
8, Ghost Recon (series)

Althoguh i cant say i agree with you, i loved The Legend of the Dragoon when i rented and played like 6 years ago....Never have seen it again.. Memories

Ghost Dog 3
11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
To each his own. I loved it.

NorthernAvengeR
11-19-2007, 11:42 AM
It's The Legend of Dragoon, not "the Dragoon" But yeah it's really good. I never owned a PS1, but i cooked it up on my PSP last year. Great game.

moobz
11-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree with most of comments made above but the repetitve comment i think i have to stick with IGN, dont get me wrong the game is BRILLIANT, the graphics are stunning and the story line is good too but I got a bit bored of always going up thos view point, i got tired of having to sneak in to listen to converstation, and yes all you when you have found your target is kill it and run. i havent finished the game yet, i have competed 4 of the assassination but so far thats all i have done, repearing things i have done over and over again.

thetechnobear
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
i love the game too, now on to mem block 5

BUT...
essentially each stage is the same, it would have been simple to come up with plot points (suitable for an assassin) that involved a different format in each stage.

e.g. what about a mission where you are followed by an assassin, or you have to deliver something, or investigations lead you to your victim
etc etc etc

if you have played oblivion, then the dark brotherhood quests are an example where the format for assignments are each different.

its odd,
- the story (from what ive seen so far) has been great and well thought out,
- the game mechanics and general crowd idea excellent and would appear to be flexible

BUT then they only had one idea of what an assassin does, and repeated it!

my hope is AC was about building the engine for the game, and AC 2 will build with provide more for us to do!