PDA

View Full Version : Pros/Cons to stand alone and ILS/AEP/PF install

CubPilot
11-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Other that disk space what are the pros/cons of the stand alone ZPF install vs. ILS/AEP/PF install? Will each install method work online with the other? Any other issues if any between the two choices?

Thanks,
Cubby

Gato__Loco
11-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Both installs are not compatible online, and I think most people are flying with combined FB-AEP-PF. I personally don't see the point of having a stand alone installation if you have already FB-AEP. The combined installation gives you all the content under one roof, but if you don't want to see Stukas in Okinawa you don't have to.

Athosd
11-25-2004, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CubPilot:
Other that disk space what are the pros/cons of the stand alone ZPF install vs. ILS/AEP/PF install? Will each install method work online with the other? Any other issues if any between the two choices?

Thanks,
Cubby <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PF stand alone has some very slight differences in user interface.
As Gato said the two types of install are not compatible for online play.

The only real benefit to having the two separate installations is so you can participate in both stand alone and combo multiplay sessions.

Cheers

Athos

CubPilot
11-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys, looks like a combined install it is.

Cheers,
Cubby

TAW_BlueDevil
11-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I personally installed both versions. The reason for this is so that I can play with freinds that I introduce to the sim, and they dont have the money to get the Gold pack at the same time. So far I have been able to introduce 4 freinds to the sim, and play with them online. Also I have been able to help people new to the sim that only have a pf standalone install.

For me since disk space was of no factor a dual install was the way I went and that I am very glad about it.

Aero_Shodanjo
11-26-2004, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gato__Loco:
Stukas in Okinawa <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that's a (kind of) rhyme...

Stuka over Okinawa
Hayate over Leyte
Sturmovik over Narvik

Merlin in Berlin? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif