PDA

View Full Version : Shields in the Assasins Creed serie's ?

fox_634
06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Hey, I'm new to this forum altough i have been following it for quite some weeks. I was thinking, why aren't their any shields in all of the Assassins Creed serie's? It might not fit in with the current fight system but it could make it a lot harder to kill your enemy's because the fighting system, as it is now, is way to easy. And it would be possible to make some awesome counter kills with just a shield.

roostersrule2
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
No that would make it Zelda which is a great game but I wouldn't like it in AC

fox_634
06-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Why would that make it like Zelda? There are so many games wich include shields.

RzaRecta357
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I think the second poster thought you meant our assassin would be wielding a shield.

I think it might be cool if they had a shield class guard that needed some extra work to take down.

eagleforlife1
06-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure shields were invented during both Altair and Ezio's times and used during both periods. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

crash3
06-08-2011, 06:31 AM
would be cool to see shields, i think some guards in AC bloodlines had shields

it would add variety to guards and combat

1511 may posssibly be late for shields but in Altairs time, shields were everywhere it would be cool to see medieval shields being used

XxSYD3WINDERxX
06-08-2011, 11:10 AM
They were originally going to have shields in the first Assassin's Creed, but removed due to the difficulty of the programming.

I've had a look on Google Images and can't find it, but in the AC Artbook it has concept art of Ezio fighting this giant soldier wielding a shield.

fox_634
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
O I hope they will put that in the game. I am sure it would be awesome. I mean seriously.. shields were pretty common back then and yet we haven't seen any of them.

ThaWhistle
06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
shields would have been extremely common in the crusades, but not as much in renaissance italy, especially when dealing with the type of troops we do in cities. pikes were making a huge return to combat in that era, so infantry with swords shields and heavy armor would have been fairly uncommon. especially with urban garrison troops.

I would think it'd be simpler to code now since they already have the two hidden blades, if they were just modelled as a second weapon with a high deflect value, low speed and low damage,(since shields could be and were used to actually strike opponents as well as protect the user) they'd fit in well enough I suppose.