PDA

View Full Version : Geforce2 32mb Working with 3D Analyze

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 02:58 AM
With 3D Analyze v2.26
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze
I was able to get my Athlon-700, GeForce2/32mb system working with Prince of Persia.

I played with all the switches in 3D analyze but I found the only one required to get the game working was "force sw TnL".

Once the game was running I went to the options menu and turned down all the graphics settings to minimum except water effects as I found without the water effects on its almost impossible to see any water. Once I had the eye-candy turned off, I exited and restarted to clear up some ghosting issues.

The game runs REALLY slow but it is playable. I'm glad I got this working as PoP was my Xmas present and without it I would have been a very sad little Xmas elf.

Good luck all and post here if you have any tweaks I missed in 3D analyze.

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 02:58 AM
With 3D Analyze v2.26
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze
I was able to get my Athlon-700, GeForce2/32mb system working with Prince of Persia.

I played with all the switches in 3D analyze but I found the only one required to get the game working was "force sw TnL".

Once the game was running I went to the options menu and turned down all the graphics settings to minimum except water effects as I found without the water effects on its almost impossible to see any water. Once I had the eye-candy turned off, I exited and restarted to clear up some ghosting issues.

The game runs REALLY slow but it is playable. I'm glad I got this working as PoP was my Xmas present and without it I would have been a very sad little Xmas elf.

Good luck all and post here if you have any tweaks I missed in 3D analyze.

XyZspineZyX
12-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Hi!
I have a GeForce4 420 GO graphics card and when I tried to run the game, this is the message that appeared:

Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.

Thus, I downloaded the 3D-Analyse program hoping that it would help run the game. But unfortunately, I dont understand how to use it. Can someone please help me? I am quite confused. Thankyou.

XyZspineZyX
12-27-2003, 08:28 PM
I was getting the same as you Nacattack..
Your videocard does not support some required
- features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
- Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is
- below the minimum requirements.
- Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is
- below the minimum requirements.

I'm no expert with 3D analyze but what I was able to figure out how to get it going..

On the 3d anaylze screen on the left hand margin is like steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 click the button next to the 1 and then a dialog will open up and you want to browse to princeofpersia.exe in the folder program_files/ubisoft/princeofpersia

Once you have selected princeofpersia.exe the other step will fill in automatically. Now play with the switches on the 3d analyze. I found "force SW TnL" switch the one I think worked for me. But look at "ignore vertices/pixel shaders" too. Once you have the switches you want to try click the "RUN" button near the STEP 1 area you first looked at. This will launch Prince and hopefully it will work. Try different combos. Good luck.
Snaz.