PDA

View Full Version : Wobbles have come back suddenly...........

LEBillfish
02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Out of the blue, they're back.....Though not as bad as before where all control surfaces "fluttered violently".......Suddenly taking an A6M5 up for the first time since 4.02 came out they restarted...

No changes made, no patches added, nothing different except flying that plane......Is it related? Don't know.....What I do know is though now ALL planes suddenly are violently reacting to rudder Iand nothing is wrong with the stick).

So as we feared the wobbles can return.....Hopefully 4.03 will fix them.

ZK-DABLIN
02-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Or you could by a new joystick.

If it was the fault of the game it would be constant and everyone would experience it.

Either way, hope you find a solution bud.

Davinci..
02-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Out of the blue, they're back.....Though not as bad as before where all control surfaces "fluttered violently".......Suddenly taking an A6M5 up for the first time since 4.02 came out they restarted...

No changes made, no patches added, nothing different except flying that plane......Is it related? Don't know.....What I do know is though now ALL planes suddenly are violently reacting to rudder Iand nothing is wrong with the stick).

heh, you know i didnt get pf, and thus patch to 4.02 until about 4 days ago. I had been playing on 2.04 up until then. Having been reading the forums for months i was SO worried, planes would be bouncing all over, and be wobbling here and there.

I was SO relieved when i fired it up, and all was ok, i needed a couple more clicks of filtering on my rudder, cuz i found it over sensitive. a huge change from 2.04 to 4.02 But i thought great no "wobbles".

Curious, I downloaded tracks of people showing the wobbles. And it looked identical to what i had... what i was so relieved i didnt have..

i just cant help but think, what some people call "the wobbles", others just call "the flight model"..

AKA_TAGERT
02-05-2006, 11:21 PM
So as we feared the wobbles can return.....Hopefully 4.03 will fix them. So.. the game code has not changed.. yet it is the game code's fault? Must be some of that new fangled logic?

WTE_Ibis
02-05-2006, 11:55 PM
As diplomatic and as helpfull as ever.

lowfighter
02-06-2006, 02:54 AM
The code hasn't changed, yet some files might have been changed (conf.ini or what do I know). One evening I was flying online, next day I start FB and guess what, stick is out, ALL controls are out. I exit and begin to look carefuly at different files. I have a nice surprise with that one with stick settings and controls, the first two lines are rubish, pity that I didn't save that file. I look at the rubbish and it's not so rubbish, I see some words RELATED to the game.I delete the 'worm' save the file and everything is ok. You experience a different thing, but it might be worth to look at the files. Or just reinstall.

fly_zo
02-06-2006, 03:05 AM
I got wobbles when messing with sound settings from within the mission.( Funny, stick is USB and i have audigy2) They gone with restart the game. It all started with 4.02 Patch.

kidsmoke1959
02-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Try using the joystick when your not sitting on it.

Lucius_Esox
02-06-2006, 03:11 AM
TAGERT wrote

So.. the game code has not changed.. yet it is the game code's fault? Must be some of that new fangled logic?

Ibis wrote

As diplomatic and as helpfull as ever

Classic stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Someone posted a while back why do you visit these forums. Above says it all for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

fly_zo
02-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by kidsmoke1959:
Try using the joystick when your not sitting on it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

SeaFireLIV
02-06-2006, 04:42 AM
Hmmm. Interesting, LEBillfish. If nothing`s been added/taken away from the sim, it could be to due with the joystick config in windows? Or even some other external program.

I apologise on behalf of the chaps for some of the more spiteful remarks.

lowfighter
02-06-2006, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:

I apologise on behalf of the chaps for some of the more spiteful remarks.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-06-2006, 05:46 AM
I've got the wobbles too, but once the hair-of-the-dog and my hangover juice kick in they should subside. If not, I'll reboot.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Breeze147
02-06-2006, 06:05 AM
I think its turbulence.

Meshsmoother
02-06-2006, 06:13 AM
Many of you might not had them, but I know what LEBillfish is talking about or sort of... I usually do acouple QMB's before going online, just to "warm-up" and believe it or not, sometimes planes will react different... I mean over react to input or not at all, making it easier to stall, or miss or both. It definitely is not my joystick since it's a non f/f M$ Sidewinder usb and thus have not settings in game, or I did not changed'em at all. It happens offline too but much less often. Anyway when that happens, I reboot and that's it.

Another weird, weird, thing is track corruption... dunno if you ever had one, but lately my tracks shows the events to some point and then made up the rest by who knows will... I see my plane shoting to nothing while bandit that was on my 12 turn around and shot me down... sometimes when I reload it it replays correctly dunno... my config.ini was not modified at all.

=S=

T.

Dash_C.
02-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by lowfighter:
The code hasn't changed, yet some files might have been changed (conf.ini or what do I know). One evening I was flying online, next day I start FB and guess what, stick is out, ALL controls are out. I exit and begin to look carefuly at different files. I have a nice surprise with that one with stick settings and controls, the first two lines are rubish, pity that I didn't save that file. I look at the rubbish and it's not so rubbish, I see some words RELATED to the game.I delete the 'worm' save the file and everything is ok. You experience a different thing, but it might be worth to look at the files. Or just reinstall.

This happened to my friend the other day. He was flying on his pilot account on my machine, and he begins a QMB mission and all of his controls are dead. I look in the FB directory and his settings.ini is wiped out! Fortunately I was able to copy my settings.ini over to his profile, but that's a bit unnerving that the game can randomly delete it.

So be sure to backup your settings.ini!

LEBillfish
02-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Well, as I see for some juvenile ignorance continues to demonstrate actual contribution to the community......Since those in this group don't realize it, simply know each day your value and credibility gets re-evaluated by all....Your loss or gain not my problem nor do I frankly care either way.

However as to the issue......

What has changed besides the obvious cache files is as follows;

bldconf.ini
conf.ini
console.cmd
sound.log
eventlog.lst
IL2FBwav.exe
As said above as well paint/skin/pilot-skin, mission cache files.....

I instantly discount eventlog.lst, sound.log, IL2FBwav.exe, and cache files (though who can say as to the latter) as they should not be something referred to by the sim, yet simply added to however....Within may contain hints as to the problem.

Sound.log contained the following text:
-- new session --
num channels 32
Speaker config restored.
Audio finished.

As said no settings have been changed, so why as to the above I cannot say.

As to actual changes within the other files I'll try and do a comparison.........HOWEVER, as discussed before it is doubtful that any change "is the problem".....The problem being how a line of code within one of these files reacts with or causes a reaction with some other part of the program. (Not a programmer so simply trying to logically guess).

This is why as discussed before the "problem/wobbles/flutter" was expected to return, in that eventually if we do nothing different, over time it is probable we will set up the same condition that existed within 4.01 that suddenly showed itself in 4.02 if we do nothing different(meaning....something in 4.02 that is different then 4.01 or prior reacts badly to a setting or code line that had no reaction (or perceivable) before).

I'll later tonight try and determine exactly what lines changed in each file.

kidsmoke1959
02-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Can she be any more into herself? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

AKA_TAGERT
02-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Ibis:
As diplomatic and as helpfull as ever. What can I say, it's a gift!

Worf101
02-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey Billifish, I feel your pain I too had the wobbles, and trust me it was NOT a figment of my imagination or me drinking my breafast. I got rid of em via a combination of three things...

1. The Intel/AMD work around. I only run AMD so I took that line out of the config.

2. Added that "0" in my .ini that was suggested.

3. Upgraded my Cougar with Uber2NXT gimbals.

With all of the above I'm now good to go. Sorry yours came back. Perhaps you should redo whatever you did to fix em the first time?

Worf101 99th Pursuit Squadron, 332nd V.F.G.

PS. Now do me a favor and stop shootin' me down when you're flying that Japanese tin will ya???!!!

HayateAce
02-06-2006, 10:38 AM
She's not a dude, STOP IT!

Old_Canuck
02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Well, as I see for some juvenile ignorance continues to demonstrate actual contribution to the community......Since those in this group don't realize it, simply know each day your value and credibility gets re-evaluated by all....Your loss or gain not my problem nor do I frankly care either way...

Well said Ma'am :-) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Don't let the kiddies get you down. I'm one of those who've never experienced the wobble but it seems the "game is still afoot" on this little mystery.

AKA_TAGERT
02-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Dont get me wrong.. Im sure there are some people experancing wobbles..
What I have yet to see is a connection, let alone proof, that the game is the source.

Different people
Different systems
Different wobble problems
All the same game

Watson could even figure this one out.. it aint the game.

Jumoschwanz
02-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I have a suspicion in your case, that the wobbles come back at regular intervals about once a month. Right?

Jumoschwanz

lowfighter
02-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
I have a suspicion in your case, that the wobbles come back at regular intervals about once a month. Right?

Jumoschwanz
And I have a certitude that YOUR (jumo's) wobbles will die completely in a couple of years( depending on your present age http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

rnzoli
02-06-2006, 12:34 PM
You nice? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

rnzoli
02-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by AKA_TAGERT:
Dont get me wrong.. Im sure there are some people experancing wobbles..
What I have yet to see is a connection, let alone proof, that the game is the source.

Different people
Different systems
Different wobble problems
All the same game

Watson could even figure this one out.. it aint the game.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif I hear this cr@p day and night from our design centers....

"All the same game" can be as many as 2 million lines of source code, 100.000 conditional jumps, including reading and writing to config files, and reading/writing system hardware parameters via an operating system, which is another 200 million lines of code, and has to work with a simple 10.000 line of device driver... which in turn, work with firmware in the stick controller, via the USB devices.... stop counting the lines.

The point is that this piece of software is very complex, therefore can be unreasonably too sensitive to certain, yet unknowm changes or parameters in its environment. Stomping on the problem report right away makes me think you work as a highly valued software designer somewhere in a big company http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Jumoschwanz
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I never had "wobbles". Wobbles are an invention by some in this sim. Who either can't figure out how to fly their plane, or cannot set-up their track IR. Outside of that, "the wobbles" do not exist.

For instance, a well known online pilot flying a p-38J said he had missed hitting me in my 109g on several passes because of the "wobbles". Yes the aiming of the P38 is sensitive to control input, so you just be smooth with it. The last time I flew the P-38 online I had no problem aiming it and shooting down SEVERAL fw190s, it was quite deadly. The bf110 is just the same as the p38, you have to be very light and smooth but sure on control input when aiming. But I just consider this a part of the flight model and like all flight models and patches, the aces like me adjust to them, and the whiners invent words like "wobble" or god knows what else to make them feel better about their inadequecies.

Anyone who uses the word "wobbles" is full of s hit.

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz

rnzoli
02-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, i have had the wobbles, because of the missing 0 in the conf.ini file. How's that for an eye-opener?

StellarRat
02-06-2006, 01:08 PM
If you unplugged your joystick and/or TrackIR and moved it to a different USB port that might have caused the problem. You may need to go into the registery and remove old surplus entries for both pieces of equipment.

horseback
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Jumoschwanz

Far be it from me to question your obvious expertise, but I have to say that when the 'wobbles' issue was first raised, I was quite happily buried in an early Bf 109 campaign, and experienced almost no change in flight handling when the big shift to 4.2 & 4.03 took place. I took the complaints with a largish grain of salt.

Once I actually started investigating and doing some comparisons, in the form of actually flying the same low level course in various aircraft types. Aircraft that were notable for being stable and maneuverable, like the F4U and the F6F were badly hit by the wobbles, to the point that minor corrections were disastrous at low levels, although the Navy fighters had no gunfire induced yaw waggle. Trim responses were erratic and therefore unpredictable on some aircraft. The YaK 9D was another one that was hard hit. The Spitfire was fine until you fired the guns(gross wig-wag), while the P-40E/M were almost as silky smooth as the 109, and again, had a minor gunfire waggle or shudder.

The defining characteristic is most clearly seen in the roll; putting your crosshairs on a distant point, roll your aircraft and keep the crosshair on your point of reference. On the 109 or P-40E, it stayed there like it was glued to it, almost like a broiling chicken on a skewer. On a Mustang, YaK or Corsair, it wandered around it in an eccentric orbit, and when you finished the roll, there was a pendulum effect of at least a couple of swings.

Radical changes in the joystick sensitivities & filtering helped in some cases, but the 109 remained almost the same aircraft at every joystick re-setting.

I just built a new computer, with an Athlon 64 3500+, and an Nvidia GeForce 6800 PCI-E video card, as opposed to my old P4 3Gb and ATI 9800Pro. Everything is quite different. The 109 has just a bit of the wandering nose that characterizes all the other aircraft, and when I fire the guns, there's a noticeable vibration, not enough to take the crosshairs off the target, but it dances around a bit. The razorback Mustangs are more controllable, but the bubbletops are still pretty touchy.

The YaK is completely cured; in fact, it and the La-5/7 are as smooth as the 109s on the Pentium machine are. I now understand why some are insisting that the Russian birds are uberized. The 190 is better, but Corsair is still badly affected and the F6F is worse, if anything.

Spits and P-40s are about the same as on the P4/9800 system.

It's possible that you honestly believe that everyone's system plays the game exactly the same way yours does, and that this is some kind of vast right-wing conspiracy. If so, I'll be happy to send you a roll of aluminum foil to make a new hat of when your current one wears out.

Personally, though, I think you believe that as long as your favorite ride is unporked, things are just fine the way they are. And that, my friend, is the very essence of being full of s h i t.

cheers

horseback

VW-IceFire
02-06-2006, 03:00 PM

I know!!

...they come and go as they please. I cannot figure it out as I made no changes to the system and continued on a very normal routine.

I haven't had them as bad as I did initially...a full out reformat seemed to cure that. I even got a new joystick in the iterm and it makes no difference.

Davinci..
02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
I never had "wobbles". Wobbles are an invention by some in this sim. Who either can't figure out how to fly their plane, or cannot set-up their track IR. Outside of that, "the wobbles" do not exist.

For instance, a well known online pilot flying a p-38J said he had missed hitting me in my 109g on several passes because of the "wobbles". Yes the aiming of the P38 is sensitive to control input, so you just be smooth with it. The last time I flew the P-38 online I had no problem aiming it and shooting down SEVERAL fw190s, it was quite deadly. The bf110 is just the same as the p38, you have to be very light and smooth but sure on control input when aiming. But I just consider this a part of the flight model and like all flight models and patches, the aces like me adjust to them, and the whiners invent words like "wobble" or god knows what else to make them feel better about their inadequecies.

Anyone who uses the word "wobbles" is full of s hit.

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz

heh, at least i was nice about how i put it, but i agree here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wholehartedly beleive if Tully had posted is 4.02 hints and tips post before the patch came out. the "wobbles" wouldnt exist.. plain and simple..

There are people here who beleive a defrag can fix thier wobbles... So its not to far a stretch to think people have the "wobbles", because they think they do..

|CoB|_Spectre
02-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, at least to the extent some folks have experienced, I must say that horseback crafted a fine response.

ImpStarDuece
02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I have shifted back to 4.01 from 4.02 as a result of the 'wobble' issue. Not a big deal, as I'm an offline flyer, but it has definately altered which aircraft I fly with any regulatiry

To me the most affected planes appear to be:

P-51D (but strangely not P-51B/C or Musang III)
Yak-9
P-47 (mostly in rudder sensitivity and penduluming)
F4U (unstable in all axis)
Spitfire (massive wandering of the nose when I fire cannons)

I've had the same problem regardless of stick set up. I've experiance the same problem with my brand new set of CH pedals and a CH Fighterstick (which I was POSITIVE would fix the problems), a 6 month old Logitech Extreme 3D pro and a borrowed 4-5 year old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2.

My current controller set up is better, but there are still a lot of issues for me with particular aircraft.

Call_me_Kanno
02-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I had the same problem of the planes just suddenly doing a violent jerk to the left. It always seems to be to the left. So I put in the backup of my profile for my X45 and that fixed the problem to date.

Wolf-Strike
02-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Believe me when i say thatthe "wobbles" ruined IL2 for me.Since 4.02 came out I removed IL2 from my system.

This is a very real effect and when I reverted back to 4.01 it was gone and would come back when patching to 4.02 again.

For me,the wobbles cause a massive yaw left right when ever the pitch angle of plane changes.So say Im banked and fireing at enemy plane and the enemy decides to nose down.When I put my nose down the bullets now spray everywhere and I get the osscillation of yaw throwing me off.

This is in slow manuevers and if the enemy is jinking and I try to follow.......lets just say I removed IL2 and now fly Lock-on.I hope that 4.03 fixes these issues!!!!!

LEBillfish
02-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Have not had a chance to look into this yet, will try tomorrow.

As to those being vulgar to cute....please don't ridicule them. It's clear that their masculinity was too easily threatened before, and have even dwelled on it to such a point they seek out any opportunity to try and regain it.

So why don't ridicule them?....Well, though they obviously and so desperately shout out their need to be the center of attention & never challenged finding any threatening there must be a reason. Now some might say it's anger, in contrast I believe it's more an uncontrollable urge to impress the rest of you here. Impress you as to their expertise, masculinity, and being deserved of your absolute focus and attention.

More so, it not only hinted at yet shouted over and again across the forums...Their desire, need, to be accepted and admired by the males here to such a degree they'll take the Bevis and ******** set if they can find no other.

It's nothing that should be criticized wanting the men here to pay them attention, and to be the center of your forum world.....It's nothing to be made fun of, and though sad is not pathetic.

In fact, I think it's sthweet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Naturally....they'll respond....so before it happens, thanks for the bump guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

jimDG
02-07-2006, 03:43 AM
It feels the same way here and it defies explanation.

its either
1) my stick is wearing out (but its only 5 months old)
2) GFX card driver related - those I change, and I remember that the Doom 3 readme advised to switch Vsync on (or off) if the player experiences a lag in the mouse movement (and it did make a difference)
3)Im unlearning how to fly

AFJ_Locust
02-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by ZK-DABLIN:
Or you could by a new joystick.

If it was the fault of the game it would be constant and everyone would experience it.

Either way, hope you find a solution bud.

The wobbles are real be sure !!!!!!!!!!!

msalama
02-07-2006, 04:26 AM
The wobbles are real be sure !!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, some ppl most certainly experience them. But there's one question still unanswered, and it is this: what _exactly_ is the user doing when the wobbles occur?

(and no, this was NOT an accusation, mindja)

rnzoli
02-07-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by msalama:
Yep, some ppl most certainly experience them. But there's one question still unanswered, and it is this: what _exactly_ is the user doing when the wobbles occur?

The answer is very simple: they move the joystick or press the fire button. Really. No lying.

LT.INSTG8R
02-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Yes you can simply stir the stick slightly and find the aircraft bucking like your in that low level wind.

Breeze147
02-07-2006, 06:09 AM
I never thought I had the wobbles, and I still think there is some exaggeration going on. However, since 4.02 I have had a lot of problems, but have worked at correcting them. Much thanks to Tully's Guide. I can take off and keep it in the air, although the constant trimming can be a pain. I can even land at least 50% of the time. Getting the Corsair to stop without flipping is another story. I even managed to crash land and stay on the deck of a carrier. It would have been a perfect landing if I had remembered to put the gear down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Now, the issue of gunnery. I can't hit the broadside of a barn since 4.02. I thought it was recoil. Now I'm thinking that I'm fighting torque. I try to compensate, like a golfer who is fighting a hook, by starting my aim well to the left. I can get some hits this way, but it's just spray and pray once the opponent goes defensive.

BTW, I'm referring mostly to Spits, Corsairs and Jugs. I'm trying to remember if it happened, however slightly, on my last P-38 mission.

So maybe I do have the wobbles. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

arrow80
02-07-2006, 06:32 AM
I think that wobbles are just a big mystification and exageration of what's going on. Some aircraft have just lighter and more sensitive inputs, and have to be controlled more precisely. I've tested F-4U yesterday and had absolutely no mysterious wobbles or whatever aiming problems. The 109's are stable because of their heavy controls. The point is to check your hardware (yaw axis especially(, add some filtering, lower the profile, etc. And also try to test your joystick in the calibration menu and move it across it range for longer time and at different speeds to see if it doesn't throw any noise or jump inputs as it often happens and ceraintly causes the "wobbles". Otherwise it's the pilot or reason that ppl think that planes should fly on rails...

Sturm_Williger
02-07-2006, 06:58 AM
With all due respect to those who claim that the "wobble" does not exist. It can and does. What the cause is, is unknown to me, however, the following happened to me.

First when 4.02m came out I DID NOT have any of the wobble / oingo-boingo effects described by many.

But around the end of Nov, my PC went fizzle... pop.
Mid-Dec, a mate lent me a spare until my upgrade bits could arrive - now he had TIR and the same Joystick as me, so I made no tweaks on the new machine.

I slapped the HDD ( therefore same conf.ini, Saitek profile and TIR profile ) from my old PC into the new one and started flying again. IMMEDIATELY encountered insane wobble, mostly ( and much more noticable ) when firing, but also in level flight - felt like PIO, except it happened even when I did nothing.

Since it was a P4 machine ( like my old one ), I first tried the fix mentioned here and in SimHQ - in my case, I copied and renamed the il2core.dll over the il2core_p4.dll rather than removing it.

Voila ! Problem solved - back to normal.

So in my case it definitely was NOT a conf.ini problem, but the P4.dll thing DEFINITELY DID make a difference.

Strange that it should have not manifested on one P4, but did on another with NO OTHER alterations/changes.

Since my new PC pieces arrived, ( now flying with AMD ), I have again experienced NO wobble. So although I cannot help explain exactly what the cause was, it
a) does exist.
b) seems linked to hardware config. How this can be changed without user input ( as in Billfish's case ), I can't guess, but as a programmer, I can state that sometimes weird sh1t DOES happen.

Hope you track it down and kill it again, BF. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

rnzoli
02-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Arrow80:
Otherwise it's the pilot or reason that ppl think that planes should fly on rails...
Again someone stating that the Earth is flat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

While it is completely understood that the new FM brought in directional instability, can you and all future 'never-seen-wobble-so-it-cannot-exist' posters understand:

Wobble = unpredicatable and uncontrollable movements without explanation.

You can prepare and handle torque without the need of railway lines in the air. That's something we understand.

But you cannot ever prepare and handle something unpredictable and uncontrollable. Do you understand THIS?

Kuna15
02-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Wobbles have come back suddenly

Got track?"

Cause, this thread is a large n0thing without them.

LEBillfish
02-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by msalama:

I can not speak for others, and my experience of before to an extreme of the spectrum, at this re-occurance much milder...

What ensues is as follows;
1. Stick input (or lack there of) from 0 to perhaps +/-20% results in a violent "flutter" of that control surface, as though the signal is spiking.
2. Pass the 20% (roughly) mark, and suddenly the flutter ceases and stays gone till returning to the +/-20% range.
3. the flutter is very rapid, just to put a number to it lets say 4 oscilations a second....Yet the degree of that movement is so extreme, control of the plane is lost in that range (the most critical range).
4. The event occurs as follows (example to explain no hard numbers as though moving up the range...."% of input"vs.(flutter occuring)).
"0%"(-2% to +2%), "1%"(-1% to +3%), "2%"(-0% to +4%), "3%"(+1% to +5%), "4%"(+2% to +6%), "5%"(+3% to +7%),.............."18%"(+16% to +20%), "19%"(+17% to +21%), "20%"(+20% to +20%), "21%"(+21% to +21%).......

The resulting actions can be seen in many ways;
A. Dramatic loss of speed due to actual fluttering of control surfaces even at 0%
B. Inability to lock on a target (as the event occurs when the fine tuning id performed)...So even at 50m it is almost impossible to hit something as large as a B24.
C. Control surfaces "visibly" fluttering ti surpassing the threshold.
D. Some planes inability to take off due to loss of speed, others control...
E. etc..

Now that's the extreme end of the spectrum....This go round it is exibiting itself only as single kicks (to the right) of roughly 3-5%.....That's the confusing aspect, as its degree of indication and how it demonstrates it seems to vairy......

So, my "guess" is there is either some setting, or combination of settings that interacts poorly with some aspect of 4.02. That varience between users, perhaps then even systems, whatever determing possibly the degree and symptoms of the problem.

A roll back to 4.01 resolves it....Entire re-installs to a virgin state of IL2/AEP/PF has for others. Not sure I know of the "add a 0" fix. Still others it was the stated repair of the IL2coreP4.dll irregardless of processor.

So it's a confusing frustrating problem with no clearly defined resolution....yet.

lowfighter
02-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Not sure I know of the "add a 0" fix.

in conf.ini the "0" at the end of each line, if not there add it.
[rts_joystick]
X=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Y=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Z=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
RZ=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
FF=1
U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
V=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1X=0 5 12 22 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1Y=0 0 2 4 8 16 24 32 40 48 56 0
1RZ=0 0 2 6 16 29 42 58 75 88 100 0
1U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0