PDA

View Full Version : macchi tracer convergence bug

stugumby
02-15-2006, 12:08 AM
My macchi fighters are doing something weird with their tracers, the white smoke trail is ok, same as in gun camera footage but it seems i get pieces but no impact flashes like on other planes. Shot the stuffing out of a warhawk and it was unreal watching the smoke go over the wings and some bits and pieces. then tested it again on a c-47/Li2
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/stugumby/t4.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/stugumby/t2.jpg

HotelBushranger
02-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Do hit flashes really matter?

actionhank1786
02-15-2006, 01:45 AM
That is odd.
Damn italians experimenting with trick bullets!
They fly below their projected paths!
And no wonder i can't hit the broad side of a barn, i've been lied to all along by the bullets!
Or maybe it's just poor gunnery skills...but until proven otherwise, i blame those lying bullets!

EJGrOst_Caspar
02-15-2006, 04:46 AM
I guess you just see the smoke of bullets you had fired previously a second ago... which means you are going to move underneath or inbetween the smoke lines ... causing this effect.
IMHO the smoke lines stay a bit too long in air.

CapnKillemall
02-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Yes, hit flashes matter.....as that is sometimes the ONLY visual feedback you get that you are hitting a target at all.

stugumby
02-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Lying bullets, uh oh, and poor gunery skills . well I can accept poor gunnery skills except I fired over 3 basic loads from that distance and no kill, including 20 second bursts into one engine at a time, so definitely something el whacko there. Getting fixated on where tracers go/went is plausible but from underneath and letting c-47 fly though bullet stream?? nein nix, heck no. so its either my lasik has gone south or my graphics card, or maybe a bug. Can anyone else test/verify. I'm not whining just presenting something I observed.

lowfighter
02-15-2006, 09:22 AM
I tried 2 days ago the MC and found it very hard to hit, something is misleading here, perhaps the fact that this MC "rockets" are low velocity (you see they curve down very early)? But I also saw no inpact whenever I hit.

Rickustyit
02-25-2006, 05:00 AM
bump

leitmotiv
02-25-2006, 06:02 AM
The Macchi 200's 12.7s only seem to affect a Hurricane I at close range---at long range all I seem to be able to do is to K.O. its radiator. Somebody wrote this was due to lack of high explosive ammunition which would also explain the lack of flashes---armor-piercing rounds wouldn't make a flash.

VW-IceFire
02-25-2006, 07:13 AM
I could have sworn I saw a few hit flashes...I'll have to take some shots. There aren't that many flashes...not like the incendiary rounds in the Brownings.

Rickustyit
02-25-2006, 07:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/4131096214/p/1

Here... IceFire, I too saw small flashes from time to time, probably every 2 or 3 rounds, I don't know. So, high-explosive rounds are modeled, but they seem very very weak.

I know the Regia Aeronautica used also incendiary bullets, but I don't know if they are modeled in the game. Also, as others have pointed out, many bullet strikes are "invisible", you can only see some debris flying.

Th 7,7mm Breda SAFAT instead seems to use just 1 type of round, solid bullets probably. But I think this was the standard round in the war. Anybody knows what exact type of rounds did the Regia use in the Second world war?

Rick

pourshot
02-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I just did some testing in the QMB with arcade mode on, I can see no problem with the guns they do appear to hit exactly were you aim them.

FritzGryphon
02-25-2006, 04:54 PM
The MG15 also has no hit flash. Perhaps only certain types of rounds, like indendiary or explosive, have a flash.