PDA

View Full Version : should i get acb for 360 or computer?



deadby100cuts
11-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I just got a gaming laptop recently and im trying to decide if i should get acb for the computer or not... im gettin blackops for the 360 cas thats what all my friends have but since there isnt a huge multiplayer mode for acb then thats not really a problem.. i had ac2 for the 360 and the only problem i really had was it was hard to read the text on my screen.

deadby100cuts
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
also does anyone know if this is going to be a "game for windows"? .. like am i going to be able to plug my xboxcontroller into the computer and play it?

AnthonyA85
11-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, ACB will most likely require an internet connection for play (both SP and MP, SP for the online saves), and well, games like AC don't really do well on Laptops, a Desktop would be better IMO, but then, I've never really used laptops for gaming. If your laptop is high enough spec (just so long as it doesn't have an 'onboard' graphics card that's intergrated into the main board (that REALLY kills the performance of games), then you probably won't have any trouble if you have a good internet connection.

And as for the 360 controller, it is possible for you to connect one via usb to pcs and laptops.

jbahr11
11-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm planning to get ACB for PS3 and PC, and if ACB is like AC2 as far as DLCs go, PC is a better buy in my opinion than 360 since DLCs were free

Azugo
11-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Depends when you want the game. Want it this month, or next year?

fastfast
11-12-2010, 03:08 AM
i would go for the console version to be honest, you run the risk of your laptop not standing up to the task and you standing in the queue exchanging the game when released

AubreyWilborn
11-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Depends when you want the game. Want it this month, or next year?

Lol, this. It really depends when you want to play the game. Also...no matter the specs, I wouldn't trust a laptop for gaming.

obliviondoll
11-12-2010, 03:27 AM
If you want the game as early as possible, go for 360.

If you want a version of the game that comes with patches already installed, and possibly chance of extra content without extra cost, and you're 100% certain your laptop will be up to standard for it when it finally comes out, then I'd say go PC.

Worth adding, the series as a whole has always been console-centric, so make sure you have a good console-style controller if you want to make the most of the gameplay - I've been told that mouse and keyboard controls are less intuitive (PC gamers feel free to interject, as I don't have a PC capable of running even the first AC game, so I'm working off friends' comments).

Mr_Shade
11-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Worth adding, the series as a whole has always been console-centric, so make sure you have a good console-style controller if you want to make the most of the gameplay - I've been told that mouse and keyboard controls are less intuitive (PC gamers feel free to interject, as I don't have a PC capable of running even the first AC game, so I'm working off friends' comments). I would recommend a wired Xbox 360 controller - works perfectly with AC2 etc.

Other brands may have a few niggles..

I got my wired Xbox360 pad second hand [was mint] for 12.99 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

M1ba
11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Ive played 95% of all my games in my life with computer, mainly laptops.
It just depends how good ur laptop is? Im really happy about my laptop cos it beats many desktops that are new in the markets, so i dont have any problems with it.

Razrback16
11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by deadby100cuts:
I just got a gaming laptop recently and im trying to decide if i should get acb for the computer or not... im gettin blackops for the 360 cas thats what all my friends have but since there isnt a huge multiplayer mode for acb then thats not really a problem.. i had ac2 for the 360 and the only problem i really had was it was hard to read the text on my screen.

What you can do is get a big external monitor and connect to the laptop. The game-play quality will be identical to the consoles, but the graphics & image quality will be far superior on the PC. You want the PC version.

Razrback16
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Well, ACB will most likely require an internet connection for play (both SP and MP, SP for the online saves), and well, games like AC don't really do well on Laptops, a Desktop would be better IMO, but then, I've never really used laptops for gaming. If your laptop is high enough spec (just so long as it doesn't have an 'onboard' graphics card that's intergrated into the main board (that REALLY kills the performance of games), then you probably won't have any trouble if you have a good internet connection.

And as for the 360 controller, it is possible for you to connect one via usb to pcs and laptops.

Yes -- only way to play AC in my opinion. USB controller -- the game is designed specifically to use a controller, so that's the best way to roll in my opinion.

Razrback16
11-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by deadby100cuts:
also does anyone know if this is going to be a "game for windows"? .. like am i going to be able to plug my xboxcontroller into the computer and play it?

I can't imagine it not working with a USB controller. If it didn't they'd be better off to just not release the game on PC and save their money because most people wouldn't buy it.

adittza89
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I bought a usb controller for PC and AC2 is working fine, I just like the mouse and keyboard better

deadby100cuts
11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
i went ahead and got ac2 for my pc and it seems to be working as good if not better than my xbox version....i only had one or 2 moments where it "lagged" ... i probably put 30 min into the game and my laptop isnt hot or anything (i left it onthe table) .. though the power adapter is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .. i still havent decided and i like how the usb controller works