PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Memories

Altair661
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
So I believe we will experience, at least, 5 memories of Altair(5 keys).

1) Is him becoming a master assassin.

2) One of them is him, fighting in a city (trailer)

And so... I have no idea what the other ones are. But I have ideas.

I think one of them might be when he went to kill Ghengis Khan with Mailk and his son or something like that.

One of them might a memory that takes place during one of the PSP/DS games possibly.

Another might be when he took that "last look" into the apple at the end of the codex pages. Im thinking that could be the last one. But other than that I dont really know. Other than they must be important in his life, if im correct.

But I have a theory, is 16 and Desmond experienced the bleeding effect through the animus. And the seals are some kind of version of that, is it possible Ezio could receive some type of bleeding effect from the keys that allows him to go through some of Altairs memories without the keys? It would have to be before he had a child, so it might be pointless...but it could be possible could it not? We can only spectulate.

So what do you guys think the other memories we experince with Altair will be?

rain89c
09-08-2011, 08:39 PM
I really hope we get to experience the memory where Altair went to kill Ghengis Khan, but I doubt it'll be in it.

twenty_glyphs
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I think we will see the one memory from before the first game and everything else will be from after the first game's story. I think we will definitely see when Alta´r went to Constantinople during the Fourth Crusade in 1204. Some of the magazine articles mentioned this, and The Secret Crusade was vague enough about the event that I think they were trying to avoid spoiling it.

I think we'll definitely see something from Alta´r's time hunting down Genghis Khan, though we know he didn't kill him. The Secret Crusade was vague about this too, even though it mentioned that Alta´r suspected Khan might have The Sword. The Codex also said Alta´r suspected a Piece of Eden. They've left this a loose end that needs to be tied up Ś was there a Piece of Eden?

Darby McDevitt was quoted in an article saying that we would find out what happened when Alta´r took one last look in the Apple. They've said many times that we'll see Alta´r up until he's 90, which fits the Codex entry saying that he knows his body is about to return to the Earth. So I would bet that the last memory will be Alta´r climbing back into the Archive at Limasol in Cyprus to look into the Apple.

This just leaves one memory, which could be almost anything. It could be when Alta´r returned to Masyaf from Mongolia. It could be from Alta´r's time of exile in Alamut for 20 years. Or it could be from whenever Alta´r learned of the Prophet and hid the Apple.

dxsxhxcx
09-08-2011, 09:16 PM
[SPOILERS - THE SECRET CRUSADE]

I hope they show Altair taking back Masyaf and using the hidden gun for the first time on Abbas... play this memory would be epic!!!

blazefp
09-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:

I think one of them might be when he went to kill Ghengis Khan with Mailk and his son or something like that.

One of them might a memory that takes place during one of the PSP/DS games possibly.

Another might be when he took that "last look" into the apple at the end of the codex pages. Im thinking that could be the last one. But other than that I dont really know. Other than they must be important in his life, if im correct.

But I have a theory, is 16 and Desmond experienced the bleeding effect through the animus. And the seals are some kind of version of that, is it possible Ezio could receive some type of bleeding effect from the keys that allows him to go through some of Altairs memories without the keys? It would have to be before he had a child, so it might be pointless...but it could be possible could it not? We can only spectulate.

No it isn't. They are not related, so it's impossible that Ezio could relieve Alta´r's memories through the bleeding effect.

I think we'll get to see Maria's death. That was a very important event in the life of Alta´r so I'm expecting to see that

Moultonborough
09-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

No it isn't. They are not related, so it's impossible that Ezio could relieve Alta´r's memories through the bleeding effect.

I think we'll get to see Maria's death. That was a very important event in the life of Alta´r so I'm expecting to see that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, they are related. I forget who but pretty recently said that the seals are technology for TWCB and were the predecessors of the Animus. Though I doubt it would do anything with the bleeding effect.

eagleforlife1
09-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

I think we'll get to see Maria's death. That was a very important event in the life of Alta´r so I'm expecting to see that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, they are related. I forget who but pretty recently said that the seals are technology for TWCB and were the predecessors of the Animus. Though I doubt it would do anything with the bleeding effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they're not related. The seals were First Civilisation technology that Altair stored his memories in. However, anyone could read these memories whether related to Altair or not.

blazefp
09-09-2011, 03:56 AM
Damn too slow. What eagle said is true

EmmaBemma
09-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Actually, they are related. I forget who but pretty recently said that the seals are technology for TWCB and were the predecessors of the Animus. Though I doubt it would do anything with the bleeding effect.
I believe blaze was referring to Ezio being directly related to Altair (not the two technologies), which was confirmed false. Ezio would need to have inherited Altair's DNA to be able to experience the bleeding effect and relive Altair's memories without any aid from a seal or animus. (EDIT: actually maybe he/she wasn't but the point still stands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

The seal is somewhat like the animus but in some ways more advanced because it allows anyone to view the recorded memory rather than needing access to a direct descendant's DNA. Although it seems you may just be limited to the specific memories the ancestor chose to record on the seal rather than being able to explore. It seems rather like the pensieve from Harry Potter.

PinkSkittles284
09-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

I hope they show Altair taking back Masyaf and using the hidden gun for the first time on Abbas... play this memory would be epic!!!

I agree http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif I would love to see Altair fighting beside Tazim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin_M
09-09-2011, 06:16 AM
I can confirm that there will be a memory of Altair in Constantinople in 1204 during the 4th Crusade, Altair will climb the crumbling Galata Tower and he`ll escape through the Sewers because of the Chaos.
also I once read that there will be memory of when he sees his Father die, but im not so sure.
and yes The retaking of Masyaf will be there, along with the death of Abbas and Maria.

eagleforlife1
09-09-2011, 07:34 AM
@Assassin_M I don't suppose you have a link to that information do you?

Assassin_M
09-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Im on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

eagleforlife1
09-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Im on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Dieinthedark
09-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Id like to see more of Altair and Malik. Especially when Malik returns to Solomon's Temple. Would that not make perhaps one of the greatest assassin tomb missions? Well maybe not assassin tomb but like that, getting to explore it more.

LightRey
09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Dieinthedark:
Id like to see more of Altair and Malik. Especially when Malik returns to Solomon's Temple. Would that not make perhaps one of the greatest assassin tomb missions? Well maybe not assassin tomb but like that, getting to explore it more.
How could we possibly view a memory of Malik going to the temple if Alta´r wasn't there?

Poodle_of_Doom
09-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Actually, they are related. I forget who but pretty recently said that the seals are technology for TWCB and were the predecessors of the Animus. Though I doubt it would do anything with the bleeding effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they're not related. The seals were First Civilisation technology that Altair stored his memories in. However, anyone could read these memories whether related to Altair or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey LightRey, I'm pretty sure you're the one who proved to me that they were... Or was that someone else? None the less, I'm sure I heard this someplace too...

SweetsMachineGun
09-09-2011, 07:42 PM
I just want more memories with Malik.

twenty_glyphs
09-09-2011, 08:35 PM
The developers have said that you can think of the seals as sort of precursors to the Animus. Darby McDevitt gave the best description of them in a recent interview where he said humans have recording devices for our senses with video and audio. So they came up with the idea that the First Civilization had a recordable media device for their sixth sense, which is what the seals are. That also leads me to the assumption that only someone with the sixth sense, or a weaker form of it, can view the memories on the seals.

As for the relation of the seals to the Animus, we don't know. They may have been used to invent the Animus or not, but clearly the whole concept of memory is important to the series. We don't know for sure if the seals will lead to the Bleeding Effect, though I tend to doubt it. I also don't think we'll see Ezio relive memories without the seals, since the whole point of the game will be to find those seals. I'm also starting to rethink the theory that the sixth sense will allow Desmond to relive genetic memories at will, since if he awakens it in Revelations that would make the Animus unnecessary for AC3, which I doubt they would do since it's such an important part of the gameplay setup.

Altair661
09-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
The developers have said that you can think of the seals as sort of precursors to the Animus. Darby McDevitt gave the best description of them in a recent interview where he said humans have recording devices for our senses with video and audio. So they came up with the idea that the First Civilization had a recordable media device for their sixth sense, which is what the seals are. That also leads me to the assumption that only someone with the sixth sense, or a weaker form of it, can view the memories on the seals.

As for the relation of the seals to the Animus, we don't know. They may have been used to invent the Animus or not, but clearly the whole concept of memory is important to the series. We don't know for sure if the seals will lead to the Bleeding Effect, though I tend to doubt it. I also don't think we'll see Ezio relive memories without the seals, since the whole point of the game will be to find those seals. I'm also starting to rethink the theory that the sixth sense will allow Desmond to relive genetic memories at will, since if he awakens it in Revelations that would make the Animus unnecessary for AC3, which I doubt they would do since it's such an important part of the gameplay setup.

This^^

I am going to have to agree with you. It would kinda defeat the purpose of the keys, I more trying to lean on the whole it could be used later in some sense, I just kinda think of the keys as a sort of "pre-cursor" to the animus. Darby did say there was SOME type of connection. But as for the bleeding-effect from them, from the stuff I've seen on here, I suppose there really wouldnt be a point.

LightRey
09-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Hey LightRey, I'm pretty sure you're the one who proved to me that they were... Or was that someone else? None the less, I'm sure I heard this someplace too...
Well I don't think I ever proved anything, but I would certainly not be surprised if the seals used the recorder's (as in the person that is recording his memories) DNA to record the memories, so then in essence they would be similar to recorded Animus sessions.

blazefp
09-10-2011, 04:49 AM

Sry Poodle he always said they weren't related. Whoever told you that is wrong

Poodle_of_Doom
09-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Sry Poodle he always said they weren't related. Whoever told you that is wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny, considering in his post just before yours, he seems to suggest that he might of mentioned the theory at one point. But I digress, thanks for the info Rey...

blazefp
09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Sry Poodle he always said they weren't related. Whoever told you that is wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny, considering in his post just before yours, he seems to suggest that he might of mentioned the theory at one point. But I digress, thanks for the info Rey... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol sry my mistake. I thought we were talking about Ezio and Alta´r being related xD my bad

Altair661
09-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I cannot find that interview for the life of me! I've been sittin here for an hour now trying to find it. I know he said it.

MT4K
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
I cannot find that interview for the life of me! I've been sittin here for an hour now trying to find it. I know he said it.

Is this what you're looking for?

Link (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55123/assassins-creed-revelations-gameplay-preview/)

Around 1:35 ish Alex says "Think of them as the ancestors to the Animus device".

Poodle_of_Doom
09-10-2011, 12:36 PM
So they are related devices then...

MT4K
09-10-2011, 12:41 PM
So they are related devices then...

Perhaps. He may have simply been trying to put them into an analogy of sorts so it was easier to understand how they kind of work.

Although why not just say "They work in a similar, but slightly different way" or whatever. Why use the phrase "Ancestor to the Animus". Either way it makes me curious to find out more i know that :P.

Altair661
09-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Yes! That's it I think! So I'm pretty sure we can assume the two are related somehow. You can't deny that, maybe not that the Animus was made directly from it, but they do have similarites.

wispawind
09-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

AGREE!!