PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations at E3

oOAltairOo
06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Just saw the E3 presentation, mighty impressed!
Please post your impressions, and any new video that pops up from E3

misterB2001
06-06-2011, 04:54 PM
as i posted in another thread, the graphics look much better.

IIwangcarsII
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
The only word I can think of for that is... EPIC!!

That was by far the best trailer I have seen for an Assassins creed and that gameplay footage was just spectacular! I cant freakin wait!

LeapofFaith33
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
ok first id like to say, great presentation. im high right now on what i saw. second, the game play looks amazing and freaking insane! there is so much i could say but i have to think on what i saw for a while.... so ill leave with this....did anyone else see that gate way at the end? possible truth? come on i know you ALL saw it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sidewinter1490
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Everything was beyond my expectations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
All I want to know is... WHAT IS THAT DOOR??? The white door/portal they showed at the end of the trailer. I can't wait for it to be uploaded on youtube, I'm sure a lot of people don't know what I'm talking about.

Crouching.Tiger
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I liked it, though I'd like to see more platforming and more of the city.

IIwangcarsII
I think that will be Desmonds animus world. It just looks so amazing!

WastingMyTIM3
Did they JUST show a gameplay footage of the game ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif. I just got home ... did I miss it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Can somebody post up a link to it when somebody uploads it to youtube??

roostersrule2
That was awesome and at the end of the demo there was the door which is probably a Desmond memory so do you think they happen after each seqeunce

misterB2001
i thought it was something to do with Desmond, the way out of his Coma?

xx-pyro
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Really impressed with how it looked, however the combat seems about 1000x easier than it was in brotherhood (I don't even think he got attacked once, let alone hit.)

Looking forward to more.

phil.llllll
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Seeing the hookblade was great but it was, overall, a little underwhelming. Was hoping to see an actual assassination mission and not another highly scripted action sequence.

wiccanlovely
06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Game looks freaking beautiful, I actually got goosebumps from the trailer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif The burning ships is gonna be hard as hell for me but its gonna be a nice challenge.

(on a side note and letting my fangirl out for a moment, Ezio has aged amazingly well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif)

NuclearFuss
06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
The live stream wasnt working for me in the UK. So all I've seen is the CGI trailer. Anyone fancy giving me a rundown of the gameplay?

AA--92
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Trailer
<span class="flash-video">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K39UWxdm0U </span>

IIwangcarsII
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
The live stream wasnt working for me in the UK. So all I've seen is the CGI trailer. Anyone fancy giving me a rundown of the gameplay?

Really? I'm in the UK and it worked fine for me. Where did you try to watch it? I just watched it on youtube.

misterB2001
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

Really? I'm in the UK and it worked fine for me. Where did you try to watch it? I just watched it on youtube. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>same here.

As for the gameplay, ezio fought a couple of guards (who just stood and watched, as usual) blew up a tower thing with a bomb and ran around hopping from ship to ship which were all on fire.

adam_the_ant
06-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Posted this on another thread:

After watching the gameplay, graphics look great, some of the general public characters look a bit lower quality. Combat looks the same as Brotherhood, enemies still take forever to attack you, but like Ezio's new moves. Also like the bombs they showed and the flamethrower. Free running still looks great and the zip line and hook seem to work really well. It looks awesome overall, but there are definitely things they can work on.

thornebrook
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Caitshift uploaded the gameplay demo bit here, for those who didn't see it during the stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWOy7Lri-Ws

Turkiye96
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I already started this thread...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3451034929 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3451034929)

oOAltairOo
06-06-2011, 05:21 PM
My first reaction was that the civilian NPCs looked a lot more alive and less generic-looking.
The bombs didn't really impress me, just seemed to make the combat even easier http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Ezio looked kinda fat too...

Site is up!
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-GB/home/

SleezeRocker
06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by oOAltairOo:

As you get older, you body loses ability to hold itself so you start saggin lol XD

Subject J80
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbygK9AbmR4

Its all here!

oOAltairOo
06-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOAltairOo:

As you get older, you body loses ability to hold itself so you start saggin lol XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, he's still able to pull of all the sick combat and free running moves...
Confusing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

RzaRecta357
06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I loved it.

Rea1SamF1sher
06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Very good presentation, the crowd feels alive. It's atmospheric. The BIG BUT is, the combat is easy again and the missions scripted... That's the only thing I was looking for being improved in the next AC, but it disappointed me.

spyrochick101
06-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by sidewinter1490:
Everything was beyond my expectations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
All I want to know is... WHAT IS THAT DOOR??? The white door/portal they showed at the end of the trailer. I can't wait for it to be uploaded on youtube, I'm sure a lot of people don't know what I'm talking about.

I agree totally. I got to watch it on tv on G4TV. The commercials...they delayed everything! >_< I hate commercials btw =P.

But about that gate shown at the end. I think that's the gate Juno was talking about at the end of Brotherhood. Could it possibly be the gate leading to Eden?
Thoughts?

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Andre202:
Very good presentation, the crowd feels alive. It's atmospheric. The BIG BUT is, the combat is easy again and the missions scripted... That's the only thing I was looking for being improved in the next AC, but it disappointed me.

They always make combat easy for E3 demos because they can't run the risk of them dying during the demo cause that would just delay time

Gasketfuse
06-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Okay, some thoughts:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Graphics look great.
<LI>Was that Greek Fire?
<LI>I didn't see any killstreaks, but definitely no problem fighting, so I'm thinking AC2-style combat
<LI>Greek Fire?!
<LI>I saw a group of women that looked sort of like belly dancers next to the docks. I'm thinking that they're courtesans.
<LI>The city looks very alive.
<LI>Bombs don't look all that exciting. It made the fighting rather easy.
<LI>He appeared to use part of the zipline as a lift to get to the top of the boat. Interesting-looking move
<LI>Possibly a bigger Assassin presence in Constantinople
<LI>Do the Assassins wield Greek Fire?
<LI>When Ezio was ship-hopping, some items in the water appeared to start sinking. Maybe it's one of those things where he can't stand on it too long.
<LI>He literally destroyed a tower. Bombs seem kind of over-powered...

[/list]

IIwangcarsII
06-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Well at least the tower was destroyed! In brotherhood when you explode a borgia tower it doesnt nothing except a few booms.

rain89c
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Everything looks good except for the parts where youre using a cannon to shoot down ships and etc.
Explosions similar to a first person shooter just doesnt look appealing in AC.
I also dont want AC to change from a 3rd person melee action adventure to a more 3rd person shooter with a bunch of explosives...

RzaRecta357
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
That was a special bomb fit for that mission.

Buddy gives it to him in the opening cutscene and he uses it in a cutscene.

SixKeys
06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm still not impressed with the hookblade. Climbing with it looks very unrealistic (Ezio does it right before snatching a guard off a ledge and throwing him in the water). Fighting with it seemed to slow combat down for the sake of cool kill cinematics. The zipline looks like it could be okay, though.

The ship fight, while cool, looked very scripted, almost no freedom to do it in a different way. The guards, again, mostly stand around waiting for you to attack. The smoke bomb seems to have been upgraded to the point where you don't even have to worry about its effect wearing out until you've killed every person in the area.

Apart from those complaints, the demo looked amazing. The facial animations of Ezio and the NPCs look majorly improved and the city is colorful and full of atmosphere, reminiscent of AC1. The only thing that worries me about this game is that it will be too easy.

RzaRecta357
06-06-2011, 08:13 PM
His tools will get better with time so I can see the smoke bomb thing making sense.

I didn't think the ledge grabbing looked THAT bad. A bit weird but I take it into him being old also.

Gonna rewatch it soon anyway for the heck of it.

thekyle0
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I definitely loved how the city looks the most. The appearance of Rome wasn't really all that impressive to me. The scenery here reminds me of AC1. I remembered the busy feeling I got walking through the markets in Damascus and the claustrophobic feeling of the alleyways and narrow streets of Acre. I think it's especially having the buildings so scrunched up together that really helps to make the environment feel more expansive as if the city really goes on forever.

phil.llllll
06-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh my god is Constantinople absolutely amazingly beautiful. I'm in love with the visuals of this game.

As I posted earlier, I wasn't that taken by the actual mission shown (though I was with the cinematic trailer! I've basically had that on repeat for hours!) but I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I'd really like to see next what the Alta´r and Desmond segments will be like.

Crouching.Tiger
06-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by geomart:

They always make combat easy for E3 demos because they can't run the risk of them dying during the demo cause that would just delay time

Even worse, they would've been publicly humiliated by Mr. Caffeine.

I liked what I saw, but am a bit surprised (and not in a positive way) that they, of all things, chose to develop the bombs.
I also wanted to see more platforming and more of the actual setting. But from what I see, this may even be better than Brotherhood, not least storywise; Brotherhood felt less like a stand-alone story and more like an extended ending of Assassin's Creed II, what with having practically the same allies, enemies and even story (continue your revenge against the Borgia).
To throw us into another country (which will provide us with settings that probably even more fantastic than in the previous games) and what seems like a mind-bending story with a more mature theme (note: mature doesn't mean "more blood and ****") is very intriguing.

As a sidenote, after the first pictures I feared Ezio's new costume might be a bit goofy (the fur brought the hideous Brutus armor to mind), but now when I've seen it in motion it actually looks good.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
I definitely loved how the city looks the most. The appearance of Rome wasn't really all that impressive to me. The scenery here reminds me of AC1. I remembered the busy feeling I got walking through the markets in Damascus and the claustrophobic feeling of the alleyways and narrow streets of Acre. I think it's especially having the buildings so scrunched up together that really helps to make the environment feel more expansive as if the city really goes on forever.

i think the devs create 16th-rome century very well. as far as i know, rome wasn't really mighty or brilliant as you imagine from origin rome during the roman empire.

constantinople was far more impressive, as we can see aswell now in the trailer xD

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
impressvie trailer, i like the graphics. the best of all ac games, so far. but i do not like the falmethrower....

i did not liked the leonardo davinci stuff in ac brotherhood....hoped the devs wouldn't something similar for revelations :S

AMuppetMatt
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
For those even remotely familiar with me on the forums you know I'm pretty negative, so here goes:

-Greek Fire.
I don't know much about it, but I'm not convinced that one little flamethrower (read somewhere it did exist) could do THAT much damage. If it could then they certainly would have had a heck of a lot more guards on duty or at least ensure it was deactivated in case someone did decide to use it. The whole friggin dock has been completely annihilated with it... really?

-That "Special" Bomb.
I don't care if it has been "modified", are there any compounds in modern days that can destroy a 50 foot stone tower like that? Also, IF (and I really mean IF here) that bomb was that strong, there's no way Ezio would have survived being that close to it. You'd have guards picking his arms and legs out of the sea.

-Bomb's in general

Not what I was expecting... too easy to kill guards now? As in even easier? Looks it to me, if that isn't refined I'll never use them like that... which in truth is probably a good thing. As long as the bomb's can be used as a distraction and not only similar to the one shown that blew up those two guards... I'm not chucking grenades at people in an AC game. END OF

-That "non-linear" gameplay
Love the way that you have a set path for this thing and you HAVE to do things in a certain way. That said this was a demo, I'm hoping that it was purely for E3 and we'll see more freedom in game

-Difficulty of Combat
Again, might just be because it's and E3 Demo, I certainly hope that will be the case... but seriously? That's gotta be the easiest combat to date. Just what we need...

The rest I was fine with. Thought the Hook Blade fitted in well, Constantinople looked great (fingers crossed that wasn't just for E3 either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) the NPCs looked much more lifelike (again, hope it's not just an E3 spice up) and overall looked great.

Whilst not delighted, I'm quietly hopeful that the finished article will tidy up the few bad bits to make this a very, VERY good game

crash3
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
saw both trailers, the cinematic one was amazing i just hope the actual game lives up to it

the gameplay trailer was pretty cool too, graphics are much better, the city looks very lively, the cinematics are much better intergrated into the gameplay-didnt see any loading screens which is good

however one thing that concerned me was that ezio was still owning all the guards he encountered. guards still die from one counter kills using the hidden/hooked blades no matter how much armour they had

but hopefully there is plenty of new, more challenging combat gameplay to come for ACR!

Inorganic9_2
06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Agreed with the above; what's with the action sequences? This is AC; we don't need stuff blowing up everywhere to be awesome! Combat di still look a bit easy, especially using the hidden blades as offensive weapons again.

Bombs look like a bad idea tbh. I'd be willing to give the smoke ones and whatever else you can make a go, but practically throwing grenades at people? That's not AC!

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good :P

LeapofFaith33
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
ok so i few things i jsut noticed by watching the cinematic trailer a few times. 1. (i cant believe i missed this) when ezio is taken up to the tower so he can be hung, he totally and really Badass-ily hits that guy in the face.... the reason (also so he wouldnt die) but if you look at his face he gets really sad then angry. Thats because his family got hung, remember? i was hoping i wasnt the only one who didnt get the connection right away. 2. when he is on his boat, he is holding a book so those are the codex. i just noticed them today. lol

thyevi
06-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:

Yes, that was lacking in Florence and Forli. So they've really looked at what the first game made it so good: Atmosphere. This is an even better improvement from ac2 and brotherhood (and a catch from ac1), than all the pirates-ofthecarabean-like-flying-around-from-boat-to-boat-ala-captain-jack-sparrow-using-super-fast-ziplines.