PDA

View Full Version : just bought FB/Gold Pack

Rattle_Trapper
01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Need a little direction please. I have PF stand alone loaded and working great Patched up to 3.04. I have just purchased FB?Gold pack w/ AEP included. My question is: Do I need to unistall PF Stand alone before I install FB/Gold pack. I have PF running so good I would hate to have to uninstall it.

Yimmy
01-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't see why you should need to. I know people who have a PF stand alone and a merged install on their machines.

TAW_BlueDevil
01-23-2005, 09:34 AM
no simply drop in the fb disc and install that and AEP once thats dont, put your PF disc one in and it will give the option to install the merged install. Once thats done instal the 3.03m (nearly 100MB) patch then the 3.04M and you should be set.

Skycat_2
01-23-2005, 01:27 PM
The PF (Standalone version) goes to a folder named "UbiSoft/Pacific Fighters" in your programs directory. FB+AEP+PF (the merged version) goes to a folder named "Ubi Soft/IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles." In short, they install to different locations so one won't interfere with the other at all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You will need to download the 3.03m and 3.04m patches for FB+AEP+PF. On the plus side, however, you won't need any other patches (IE, the earlier ones for FB and AEP) for the merged install to get you current ... AEP has FB's upgrade patches and PF has AEP's upgrade patches.

heywooood
01-23-2005, 01:34 PM
yes - you can have both installations

hangar 18 is within area 51...but is also standing alone...