PDA

View Full Version : Russia Only ?

VBF-83_Hawk
02-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Edjumacate me here. If these releases are for Russia only, is there any reason why someone over there cant purchase cases and sell them to us here in the US? Is this a Russian law?

Lav69
02-18-2005, 06:29 PM
tap, tap...sssccrreecchh!!! Is thing on?

EURO_Snoopy
02-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I'd imagine there's nothing stopping an individual from purchasing cd's in Russia for personal use in the US. There would most likely be a problem selling same as UBISoft have sole distribution rights for maddox games outside Russia.

VBF-83_Hawk
02-21-2005, 10:19 PM
So nobody can sell them on ebay?

horseback
02-21-2005, 10:43 PM
the question is, would something written for the Russian language version of Windows XP work properly on your standard issue US/English version...

cheers

horseback

indylavi
02-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Technically, no. Ebay would be unlawful redistribution of a product. However, most companies those thing slide. Usually Russia is a beta market. I've played some Russian release games and my god I thought our games were buggy

There is nothing stopping you from buying a game in Russia and having it sent to you in the US. As with anything in the world it can be achieved with the right amount of money. If your willing to pay the big shipping fee most places will send it to you