PDA

View Full Version : PC Direct X 11.

dominator452010
03-08-2010, 03:30 AM
I hope new Ghost Recon Future Soldier
will support Direct X 11.

More Support for Ati and Nvidia new videocards.

What do you think?

GuZZ33
03-08-2010, 03:56 AM
The more PC features like dx11 render path, tesselation, advanced shadows, very high textures etc etc the better.

BOTA-16
03-09-2010, 12:05 AM
It would be nice, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. FS is a console game that will come to the PC with the minimum amount of tweaks to make it work. Adding DX11 is not a minor tweak.

GuZZ33
03-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by athenian:
It would be nice, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. FS is a console game that will come to the PC with the minimum amount of tweaks to make it work. Adding DX11 is not a minor tweak.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a AAA console game ported to the pc platform and it is a big hit, a job well done by the swedish game developer. And i have all the faith that Ghost Recon Future Soldier will be a success on all major platforms, and i'm sure the pc version of GR:FS will have the latest dx render path, high texturtes, cool lighting and awesome shadows etc etc etc.

BOTA-16
03-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by athenian:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a AAA console game ported to the pc platform and it is a big hit, a job well done by the swedish game developer. And i have all the faith that Ghost Recon Future Soldier will be a success on all major platforms, and i'm sure the pc version of GR:FS will have the latest dx render path, high texturtes, cool lighting and awesome shadows etc etc etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UBI has not shown any support to the PC version of any of their Tom Clancy games in the last 5 years, other than making them "work". What makes you think they will change for FS?

baff6
03-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a AAA console game ported to the pc platform and it is a big hit, a job well done by the swedish game developer. And i have all the faith that Ghost Recon Future Soldier will be a success on all major platforms, and i'm sure the pc version of GR:FS will have the latest dx render path, high texturtes, cool lighting and awesome shadows etc etc etc.

And I can assure you it won't come with dedicated servers, anti-cheat.
A decent keyboard and mouse GUI, first person view and leaning.
A mission editor, SDK and auto download.
Nor will it come with large maps, high player limits or advanced AI that make full use of my RAM and CPU power.

Woot textures!

A console port may be a AAA title, but it's never going to be a AAA PC title.

I don't expect this game to support DX 11. For that matter I don't expect it to support DX10.

GuZZ33
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by baff6:
[QUOTE]I don't expect this game to support DX 11. For that matter I don't expect it to support DX10.
Oh well never mind, maybe Ghost Recon Future Future Soldier http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif will have the newer dx render path?.

I'll wait in anticipation for GRFS PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Lennart_970
03-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by athenian:

The PC version of the GR series was NOT teleported from the console. They made a special version for it.

And indeed, I hope they use the new DX11 or atleast DX10 (differences between 10 and 11 are extremely small).

Pc's have the best gfx power today (of the owner can afford it) so I hope they'll use it.

GuZZ33
03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Lennart_970:
DX11 or DX10 (differences between 10 and 11 are extremely small.
You will be suprised to know that DX11 tesselation and advanced depth of field can make a big difference.

Lennart_970
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I stick to my point.

I'm not looking in the distance in video games. Atleast not at the details. I'm more focused on whats happening around me. Which is not a nice mountain doing what it does at 50 miles away.

Sure its nice, but when ur not paying attention.. its useless.

Although the newer DXs have less impact on CPU performance, which is a great step forward.

GuZZ33
03-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Lennart_970:
I stick to my point.

I'm not looking in the distance in video games. Atleast not at the details. I'm more focused on whats happening around me. Which is not a nice mountain doing what it does at 50 miles away.

Sure its nice, but when ur not paying attention.. its useless.

Although the newer DXs have less impact on CPU performance, which is a great step forward.
Go take a look at the most advanced pc game engine on the planet which is called the 4A Engine. Play metro2033 on the pc, it is mainly close quarter combat and the "correct" advanced depth of field is the best i have seen in my years of pc gaming. The 4A Engine looks great in dx9 or dx10 but dx11 is amazing, i think the cryengine by crytek is good but the 4A Engine is much better. I hope GRFS does well on the pc?.