PDA

View Full Version : Planes avail in FMB creations

Woodrow79
09-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I can do most everything in the FMB but am wondering if there is a way to be able to switch to different aircraft in a single mission you've created, or create such a mission.

I've set up U.S. and Japanese ships and ground forces on an island near Hawaii for practice but I only know how to create a mission with one aircraft as the player aircraft. Any way around this? I'd like to be able to start the mission and switch planes to practice in.

And what function does the 'homebase' serve when creating missions?

Thanks ahead of time.

Miller

Eagle1_Division
09-02-2006, 07:07 PM
IDK how to make it more than 1 player, try copying a multiplayer mission to the folders where u can open it and c, but the homebase sets the airfield to a team for 1 thing, and im preatty sure its for online use only, at least so ive heard.

Aviar
09-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I've set up U.S. and Jap ships and ground forces on an island near Hawaii for practice but I only know how to create a mission with one aircraft as the player aircraft. Any way around this? I'd like to be able to start the mission and switch planes to practice in.

Very simple. Designate and play the mission as a coop, with no Player airplane. This way, you can choose to fly any plane.

Aviar

dbillo
09-03-2006, 06:46 AM
What Aviar answered is for a multiplay coop type of mission. If you go that route, you'll be able to pick any of the flyable aircraft that were placed into the mission when it was made.

However, it's not really clear to me if that's what you're after in the mission. There are two basic flavours of multiplay types of missions in the game: Cooperative and Dogfight. Each has it's pros and cons.

Do you want to be able to switch planes during the mission, without restarting it? If that's the case, you need to make a dogfight type of mission. Dogfight missions have Home Bases, no AI aircraft or moving objects, and can be joined or rejoined at any time. They are saved in a folder in the dogfight mission folder.

Do you want to have AI aircraft as well, and moving vehicles, ships, trains? If that's the case, you need to use a coop type of mission. Coop missions can't be joined after starting, and if you crash or get shot down, you have to wait until the mission finishes, or restart it. They are saved in a folder in the coop mission folder.

I suggest both you guys download some of the fine mission builder tutorials available at www.airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com). You might also peruse the stickies on the Mission Builder Forum here for more info on making your own missions.

Bearcat99
09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Aviar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've set up U.S. and Jap ships and ground forces on an island near Hawaii for practice but I only know how to create a mission with one aircraft as the player aircraft. Any way around this? I'd like to be able to start the mission and switch planes to practice in.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Oooooo!! I never knew that!!!

Woodrow.... please refrain from using the term J** on these boards. There are many Japanese members of this community and most of the ones I know find the term quite offensive... so just either spell it out or use the acronyms IJN or IJA for the Imperial Japanese Navy/Army if you just dont feel like typing it all out.

Thanks!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Very simple. Designate and play the mission as a coop, with no Player airplane. This way, you can choose to fly any plane.

Aviar </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woodrow79
09-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm using the airwarfare tutorials as I go.

I've just used static ships and armor etc...the whole purpose I'm working on is a practice mission with all ship types placed (or most), along with artillery, bunkers, etc...for dive bomb practice, level bombing practice, recognition from altitude, etc...

Right now it seems I have to place everything and then place the player aircraft of my choice, but save a different mission for each aircraft type. Then fly practice with one aircraft, exit, choose another practice mission with another aircraft, etc.. is this the easiest way to do it? I guess I'm looking for something similar to FS9 where you can change aircraft in mid flight to any other aircraft you have.

Thanks for the responses and the help. Much appreciated.

Miller

Sorry for the faux pas Bear, I edited the thread and meant no disrespect to anyone.

dbillo
09-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Woodrow79:
I've just used static ships and armor etc...Right now it seems I have to place everything and then place the player aircraft of my choice, but save a different mission for each aircraft type. Then fly practice with one aircraft, exit, choose another practice mission with another aircraft, etc.. is this the easiest way to do it?
No, definitely not! If, as you say, you are placing only static ships and artillery, then you should make this a dogfight type of mission and save it in a dogfight mission folder.

I suggest you make a new folder in the ...Missions\Net\dogfight folder to put your own missions. (you'll have to do that in Windows) Place at least one Home Base at an airfield on your map, give it a colour, and save it in your folder. (The Home Base colour should be different than your target object colours) The default Home Base will have every flyable aircraft available.

To play the mission, from Main Menu go to "Multiplay...Create new Server..." and select "Dogfight" in the Game Type pulldown, then click the "Create" button. On the next screen, select your folder in the upper pulldown, and then choose the mission you made in the lower window. At this screen you can also click the "Difficulty" button and set that up the way you want. Then click "Load".

You'll now be presented with your map and briefing just like in regular online play. Select your home base, then "Arming" and pick a plane from the pulldown. Choose your loadout, then go back to briefing screen and click the "Fly" button, then "Fly" again at the next screen. You'll start in the parking area of the Home Base in your chosen aircraft.

After flying a while, if you crash, get shot down, bail out, or land, you can hit "Esc...Refly..." and choose another aircraft as before, then hit Fly again to start over in another aircraft.

This is about as close as your going to get to what you want. For even quicker action, back at the screen where you set the Difficulty, turn off the "Takeoffs and Landings" switch, and you'll start in the air rather than on the ground.

Hope this is all clear enough.

MaxMhz
09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
In FMB don't forget to do an "Edit - "Description".
The name you enter here will be the name of the mission you see in the lower window when you perform a "Create new server game" like dbillo said.
save the mission under /Net/Dogfight/#/ - where # is one of the sub directories (this will show in the top window when you select your mission.
You do not need to be online to fly a dogfight mission (host a game).

The difference between a Coop mission and a dogfight mission is that in a coop mission you can't respawn once you get killed and a coop mission can have moving objects and AI planes while in a dogfight mission you can respawn, but can't have moving objects.

Woodrow79
09-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the tips. That is what I was looking for. I'll create two dogfight missions with one spawning on the ground at the Home Base and the other spawning in the air.

Its good to get in some landing practice with the various aircraft too!

Thanks again.

Miller

dbillo
09-04-2006, 04:41 PM
You won't need to make two missions for that, unless you have another reason for doing so. The difference between ground start and airstart is in the server difficulty settings, and has nothing to do with the mission itself. Difficulty settings can only be changed before the mission is loaded.

With "Landing and Takeoffs" switched off in the difficulty settings, you'll spawn in flight at 1000m above the Home Base. Switch it back on and you spawn on the ground.