PDA

View Full Version : Game Wont launch

Phillip_Grave
04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I installed the game and during the launch when it logs in to uplay and counts down the app just shuts down, no error message or nothing.
Here are my specs
DirectX 11
Radeon HD5850-updated drivers, hotfix applied
Windows 7 32-bit
Blitz mother board
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160
Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Made2last
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi, there was another thread created on here already -
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1014258/m/7001023758 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/7001023758)
Just wondering if what the person mentioned in that thread relates to your issue. I posted the video he linked, showcasing my problem.

Just to ask also, did you purchase from steam, or retail?

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 12:57 AM
That is exactly what happens with my copy, i got it a gamestop,the only copy of the game in the whole of my little town. Thanks Made2last, i thought i was the only one with the problem.

Made2last
04-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah, sorry you're stuck with it too. I can't seem to figure out what's causing it after many attempts to rectify it. I was hoping you'd say steam, as you could see I purchased through steam. My heart was hoping a steam issue. =/.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 01:43 AM
well this sucks, i sent an email to ubisoft tech support. Hey it says it doesnt support directx 10 or 11, only 9 but isnt 11 backward compatible? What are you running?

Made2last
04-28-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm running 2 XfX 5700's. They support 9 and 10, don't think 11. I tried a launch option for dx9 but it didn't work. However, I might have input the wrong thing? I'll give it another look.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey did you have any luck made2last? Are you having problems logging on the uplay servers? Check this link out to see if it helps you

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...4105331/m/9611081758

see if that helps you, still not able to log on.

bubbaganoosh
04-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I found as of yesterday Steam doesn't play well with Microsft Security Essential (Win 7 Pro 64). I tried to start Steam Yesterday and it wouldn;t happen. I got exception errors and the Steam.exe file was missing. I disabled auto protect on MSE and no problems. I don't know if that's affecting you guys but worth a try.

maikelunt1234
04-28-2010, 01:25 PM
same problem with my, i have nonsteam game..this is ******ed..

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. I gave it a shot and shut down auto protect on MSE, no dice, game still tries to launch, it counts down like some sick masochist and just when your a peak anticipation it lets you down, kind of like waiting for a hotpocket, you know its gonna be gross but for the brief time its in the microwave you got high hopes. Oh hey i got mine retail not off steam although some other people are having the same problem. Well hopefully we will hear from ubisoft.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 01:30 PM
still no luck maikelunt1234? Thanks for the link to the youtube showing the problem.

Made2last
04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
no luck on the dx9 launch. didn't really have high hopes for it anyway. i dont think my problem resides in the uplay servers anyway, but who knows. alot of the more common issues have gotten workarounds or fixes today on the steam forums, so hopefully we're due here soon.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
i gotta check out the steam forum, cause ubisoft is lagging on this thing.

Made2last
04-28-2010, 03:04 PM
This is the steam thread we have going about this same issue, if you want to check it out. Post something if you want, hopefully it'll rise and get noticed. http://forums.steampowered.com...thread.php?t=1243769 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243769)

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
thanks for the heads up made2last

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
hey made2last checked out your post on steam. Someone was saying that you narrowed it down to ati chip set cards and window 7 64bit. Im running a Radeon 5850 not crossfired and running windows 7 32bit. I cant post on the steam account because i forgot my login, The flaw is not only appears in steam downloads but also in retail disk sales. I wonder if its just a bad batch of games? I got mine from gamestop and you got yours from steam, anyone else get your game from these two outlets and have the same problem? Ill keep checking the steam forum until i get my login info. Thanks and still no word from ubisoft.

Made2last
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah we were just taking some shots in the dark, not really sure what the error is being caused by. Trying to narrow down what we have in common, and for a while it seemed like 64 bit ( to me at least ). With people having the same issue however from steam as retail, makes me wonder. Can't be a bad "batch" so to speak if others have downloaded the same game from steam and it works for them? Wish this was something simple to fix, lol.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
This is the "Help" the Tech gave me,

We’re working hard on eliminating the bug that is preventing people from getting the “Realistic Difficulty” achievement for Splinter Cell: Conviction (Complete Single Player Story on Realistic Difficulty). While we can’t give any firm date for the update's release, we can confirm that this issue will be fixed in the next title update for Splinter Cell: Conviction. The fix will automatically detect if you’ve already finished the game on Realistic difficulty and award you the missing achievement. This means you will not need to play through the single- player campaign a second time after the update comes out, it will be handled automatically.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Not even close to what i am experiencing. Anybody else get this lame excuse of an excuse. Sorry to bother you tech support, it feels like im off the see the wizard.

Hey ubisoft tech support, just send me a gif of you giving me the finger. I will feel much better than the poor support your giving pc users.

Made2last
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Rofl? What the f* does realistic difficulty achievements have to do with getting the game to run at all? LOL. Good work boys, Good work. xD

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
hey made2last checked the steam forum and seen the the 10.4 version is out now, not in beta, and i had a question about the hotfix, do i need it because im not running crossfire on my cards, since i have only one, i downloaded it but do i need to remove the old driver to set this one in. I thought it was just a patch. Thanks
P.S when we get this thing running im buying you a case of brew.

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
hey did you try to update the ubisoft game launcher? Im gonna try that out here is the link to the download
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe

Phillip_Grave
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
hey made2last did you guys get the patch over on steam? did it work?

Made2last
04-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Steam released a patch? Didn't know about it if they did. I didn't bother with upping the Ubisoft Launcher, although its worth a shot. Let me know if it works. And it wont matter if you dont have crossfire, for the 10.4 drivers. Grab them if you want, it might sort you out but if you're in the same mess as me, it probably won't do crap.

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 12:59 AM
upped the ubisoft launcher, still nothing. Also did you have the 10.4 CCC Driver update or the beta 10.4a (it says it solves the splinter cell problems on the description). About the patch i read that you can download it from ubisoft but haven't located it yet. Maybe I just got roped in to some false hope. Well I'm still gonna dig in this S**t mine for awhile.

Made2last
04-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Ah, you mean the 1.01 ubisoft patch? I heard about that. I looked over it in the steam thread and it didn't have anything for us, as far as I could tell. I had the beta 10.4 hotfix drivers, by the way. Doubt getting the final version will make a difference. Another day, hopefully tomorrow man. Good Night

Asurart
04-29-2010, 04:50 AM
i guess i have the same problem as well =/

this is epic fail!

S.V.
04-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Phillip_Grave:
hey did you try to update the ubisoft game launcher? Im gonna try that out here is the link to the download
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe

Useless!
Same error

Mr_Shade
04-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Guys, make sure your contacting support and send them the info they ask for, your system info is very important..

Apparently there is a hot fix from ATI which may sort the issue, so make sure you all check your up to date with drivers etc!

If it's still not working, please do contact support - so they are aware.

I see some have received the wrong message, but please reply and tell them that the reply was wrong..

The more people report it, with system info, the better and faster they can narrow down the problem.

It may be due to a driver issue, but that's for support to figure out and fix.

There's a weblink in my signature, or if you would rather -you can call them, though charges will apply.

Clemke79
04-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I have de same problem.

W7 64 bits
intel e8400
Asus P5QL SE
4gb RAM 1066
ATI Radeon 5850

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Another CCC Version??? Here we go again.

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
All right guys i sent an email to amd about the CCC Drives and got word that they see that the ATI Drivers are causing the problem and that the issue will be resolved in the 10.5 version of the driver. Well Im glad someone other than the people who bought splinter cell says there is a problem.

Darkunov
04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I posted this on the steam thread too, but nobody seems to have noticed -_-. I luckily don't have this problem, but my brother does, and he's on a quad-core laptop, has the non-steam version (not from gamestop either, another retail) and has a nViDiA graphics card. Maybe he has more than 1. I dont know the exact card tough. So this problem isnt only for ATI users.

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow nvida too! Did they have new drivers for the nvidia? I seen somewhere that laptops have bigger issues with running the game. Did you try replacing the ubisoft game launcher? I got a link to the file on an older post on the forum. AMD recognizes the problem and says its gonna fesolve the issue in the new 10.5 Drivers. Won't hold my breath.

largopred
04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Yep, I'm running an Nvidia 9650M Vista x64 laptop aswell, and I have the same problem. (retail DVD btw)

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah i got retail dvd too, but its also happening to the steam download too.

Made2last
04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Most laptop cards weren't "supported" in the first place, so there's no wonder why you're having troubles with it. I'm going to send in my info to support and see what kind of a response they give me, hopefully what you were told Grave was right, and if so thats nice to hear.

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Just to assure you made to last here is part of the email sent me below, enjoy!

Thank you for your clarification. Based on the information provided, we understand that you want to verify if the updates on Splinter Cell Conviction are included in Catalyst 10.4. After consultation, we have confirmed that the updates initially introduced resolution to the issues, however, the validation and certification of the updates introduced other issues within the game.

We have documented your issue and requested AMD Catalyst Crew and AMD Catalyst Crew to investigate further solutions to resolve the issue in Catalyst 10.5. Thank you for your understanding.

Please contact us if you require additional information.

Thank you for choosing AMD!

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

Made2last
04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Sounds solid. Now only time will tell. Hope to see you in versus some time in the next week. xD

Asurart
04-29-2010, 05:32 PM
i have laptop MSI GX620:
DirectX 10
GeForce 9600M GT
Windows Vista 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz

and i also have the same problem i got my game retail dvd.

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 06:05 PM
welcome to the club Asurart, laptop version cards are said to be not supported. That whole reinstall game, check your firewall, install new game launcher shtick does not work for this. I am beginning to wonder what magical computers ubisoft tested the game on???? Hmm...

Asurart
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
does this mean we prac wasted our money to stare at a dvd box -.- and now have to wait for a patch or some sort? im hoping they do fix this issue for everyone soon. seriously im just disappointed in ubisoft...

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 11:11 PM
for the moment, yes, yes sir or madame we did, the most expensive door stop in my whole house.

tinying88
04-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey there!
Same encounter found here...
There was just a flash and then crashed back to desktop!

Here is my config for reference..
dx 11
xFx 5830
Windows 7 32-bit
CMD Phenom II X4 955

PLEASE! I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME ASAP

largopred
04-30-2010, 03:41 AM
If it's a mobile GPU thing, that would be ridiculous. In all these years I have never encountered a game that doesn't run on my laptop.

If Ubisoft intentionally left out mobile support, between that and their ridiculous DRM I am never buying a Ubisoft game again.

Mikhanator
04-30-2010, 06:21 AM
I have installed the game on my pc. yesterday I installed it on my laptop. I dont know why it wont launch on my pc when I am using the same account. Once I have installed it, it doesnt allow me to play/launch the game. If you know the problem, can you please help?

Thanks

Asurart
04-30-2010, 08:33 AM
i relise AC2 also got problems so i guess ubisoft aint doing a very good job. if i only knew i would have stayed away.. ubisoft do something about this

GUInterface
04-30-2010, 12:14 PM
This is happening to me as well, what's the deal? Why do developers not test their product before releasing it? I click Play Now and the game starts by showing a black screen then instantly crashes back to desktop.

Mr_Shade
04-30-2010, 12:27 PM
If your using an ATI graphics card, make sure you have the latest drivers - ATI have a hot fix for certain cards.

GUInterface
04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
I downloaded the latest driver (10.4) yesterday, didn't work. :/

Phillip_Grave
04-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay First for the laptop crew on the game issue I read that some mobility cards are no supported.
Second To Mr. Shade, thanks for the tip of updating the driver, most of us if not all have downloaded the latest driver, 10.4 and it has not rectified the issue.
Third I have not seen a hotfix for the game, the latest one that AMD (link to the AMD site to check http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx ) provides is the one to fix the problem with mass effect if your running crossfire cards.
So to recount the issues for the new people to the thread.
1 The game when launched from the desk top crashes back to the desktop. Here is a youtube video link that shows the problem in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AD9WUWURE, thank you to made2last for linking me and yerkamig for posting the link.

2. The problem is not only localized to people using ATI cards.
Its also included but no limited to
A. Certain NVIDIA cards
B. Most Laptop versions.

3. All the tips like:
A. Updating drivers.
B. Clearing out internet clutter/ have no other programs running from your desktop.
C. Allowing firewall access to the program.
and countless others have not worked for me or anyone else in this forum.

On a personal note.
I'm sick and tired of people posting that its fx cards fault that the game won't run. I place the blame squarely on Ubisofts lackluster port of the game over to the pc market. Like most other game developers pc market is an afterthought, mainly to satisfy a niche market of gamers. In in there effort to secure DRM for their products they caused a major problem for a good percentage of the market. I get it i would want to deter pirating if i were a major software company too, but what pc rigs were you trying to port the game to? Well now with all our money you can afford some pc that consumers use. Well now with such a poor game launch you have motivated some prospective buyers to not purchase the game, some loyal customers to never buy another product of yours, and some to outright pirate the game now. Bravo, Bravo Ubisoft!!!!

GUInterface
04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
At this point I'll be surprised if I end up playing this game during the weekend.

pro3211
04-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I hope Ubisoft quickly get this common problem fixed so everybody can have a great time enjoying the game. My computer is also experiencing the same problem as you guys. I bought the game from retailers. I have a laptop, and my system preferences surpasses the recommended requirements. AMD is saying that they are going to resolve the issue with their 10.5 update but lets see how long that will take. Some people are saying that the new 10.4 driver is causing the problem, and by degrading your AMD driver to 8.0, you could play the game. I didn't try this yet, but feel free to try.

largopred
04-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Hear, hear, Phillip.

Made2last
04-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I HIGHLY DOUBT the 10.4 driver update is causing this issue. You say you've heard downgrading to 8.0 will allow you to play in the meanwhile, and while that may be true, I went through ATI's driver list, starting from 9.12 and went all the way to 10.4. None of them worked =/.

tinying88
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Made2last:
I HIGHLY DOUBT the 10.4 driver update is causing this issue. You say you've heard downgrading to 8.0 will allow you to play in the meanwhile, and while that may be true, I went through ATI's driver list, starting from 9.12 and went all the way to 10.4. None of them worked =/.

We pretty much have to rely on those technicians so that we are able to get the problem solved..
All we can do are WAITING, WAITING and WAITING patiently..

Sleepagogo
04-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Same thing's happening to me. DRM does its thing, game starts and closes in less than a second.
Like most others with this problem I'm using a laptop.

Specs:
Win7 32bit
geforce 8600m GT
core 2 duo t7300

Made2last
04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
As bad as this sounds, I'm happy it isn't just the 5-6 of us it felt like when this cropped up at first. At least now we've got a pretty big group of people with the same issue, so our chances of a fix sooner than later is a lot better imo.

pro3211
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
It's either the AMD group going to fix the problem on their 10.5 update, or the Ubisoft group.

HaM.Striker835
04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
this is what the support answered me to the game crash at startup problem

I asked the customer support and here is the answer (I am on a laptop with a geforce GTX 260M) :

Unfortunately, your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this game. You must have one of the supported video cards as well as meet all of the requirements listed on the bottom of the game's box or website before the game will run. There will not be a patch created to correct this problem; your system is simply not capable of running this game.

The supported video cards for Splinter Cell: Conviction 2 are:

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / 7900 / 8 / 9 / GTX series
ATI RADEON X1800 / X1900 / HD 2000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
ATI HD 3000 NOT supported at time of release.
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

The minimum system requirements are:

Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard, headset, 12-button gamepads with analog sticks
Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection

pro3211
04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Striker835:
this is what the support answered me to the game crash at startup problem

I asked the customer support and here is the answer (I am on a laptop with a geforce GTX 260M) :

Unfortunately, your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this game. You must have one of the supported video cards as well as meet all of the requirements listed on the bottom of the game's box or website before the game will run. There will not be a patch created to correct this problem; your system is simply not capable of running this game.

If your system simply cannot run the game, than the crash might be another problem (but very unlikely). But If your system preferences meets/surpasses the minimum requirements, then, Ubisoft made a mistake.

Sleepagogo
04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pro3211:

If your system simply cannot run the game, than the crash might be another problem (but very unlikely). But If your system preferences meets/surpasses the minimum requirements, then, that's another topic.

The GTX series are supported (it even says in the email). Its the series that came after the 9xxx series. He has a GTX 260M which is a good card.

pro3211
04-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Well, now we're all facing a common problem of not been able to enter the game. We should clarify the issue with Ubisoft and hope for they'll fix the problem.

acid321
04-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Is this happening with win7 users only?

If i make a dual boot with xp will i be able to play?

I'm not sure if i should buy the game anymore... so many problems. time will tell i guess

pro3211
04-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by acid321:
Is this happening with win7 users only?

If i make a dual boot with xp will i be able to play?

This is not only happening to win7, but to Vista and Xp users as well. You don't have to make a dual boot with xp. We have to wait till Ubisoft come up with a fix.

acid321
04-30-2010, 06:33 PM
k. thanks for replying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Any news on when the fix will come?

pro3211
04-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by acid321:

Any news on when the fix will come?

I have received an email from AMD telling me that this issue will be resolved when the AMD 10.5 update comes out. Some people say the 10.4 version is causing the trouble.

Phillip_Grave
04-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Well to put the blame solely on the ATI Drivers sounds like scapegoating to me. There are some people, I think/hope that are using the aforementioned Radeon/ATI cards that are buzz sawing their way through the game. Although im not implying that other problems have not risen with the game-play, that is another beast entirely.
To pin the blame on the OS system well what the hell was ubisoft thinking when they put a game out in this market and not expect to run in to any version of windows 7. So i want to go ahead and rule out the OS system.
I feel for you guys trying to run the game on laptops. My brother-in-law just bought this awesome alien-ware gaming laptop and can't run the game either.
About the release date on 10.5 I think its gonna be too far out to do us any good, maybe a hotfix will come out before an official 10.5.
Ubisoft should be the one come up with a patch or a fix for us first. Come on ubisoft you put a game out that you cant play on a plethora of gaming cards.
Lets all hope for a patch from ubisoft like someone quitting smoking. Oh plus since its gonna be the weekend were gonna have to wait till monday morning.

TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF BUYING THE GAME HOLD OUT TILL YOU SEE ME POST ONE SINGLE WORD ON THIS THREAD, "HALLELUJAH". DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Phillip_Grave
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh hey made2last! Any good news from the Steam forum?

pro3211
04-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Well to put the blame solely on the ATI Drivers sounds like scapegoating to me. There are some people, I think/hope that are using the aforementioned Radeon/ATI cards that are buzz sawing their way through the game. Although im not implying that other problems have not risen with the game-play, that is another beast entirely.
To pin the blame on the OS system well what the hell was ubisoft thinking when they put a game out in this market and not expect to run in to any version of windows 7. So i want to go ahead and rule out the OS system.
I feel for you guys trying to run the game on laptops. My brother-in-law just bought this awesome alien-ware gaming laptop and can't run the game either.
About the release date on 10.5 I think its gonna be too far out to do us any good, maybe a hotfix will come out before an official 10.5.
Ubisoft should be the one come up with a patch or a fix for us first. Come on ubisoft you put a game out that you cant play on a plethora of gaming cards.
Lets all hope for a patch from ubisoft like someone quitting smoking. Oh plus since its gonna be the weekend were gonna have to wait till monday morning.

TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF BUYING THE GAME HOLD OUT TILL YOU SEE ME POST ONE SINGLE WORD ON THIS THREAD, "HALLELUJAH". DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Phillip_Grave, thank you for your posts and for creating this section where we can discuss this crashing problem. You're right about who should fix the game, and there is probably going to be a hot fix coming out before the 10.5 update. Ubisoft really need to fix this problem up since even an alien-ware laptop can't play. I hope there would soon be a hot fix for the game since I want my $65.00 to really worth something. But I'm uncertain if they're going to release a hot fix.

Asurart
04-30-2010, 07:34 PM
wow so much to take in so little in results so far.. sigh i hope ubisoft have taken this issue in account and "HOPE" they are doing something about it now. cause to be honest i think they have a hella of a lot of work to do as i notice this is only one of there many issues with conviction. good luck ubisoft and make haste.

Phillip_Grave
04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I encourage everyone with this problem to go to the ubisoft support page and email them your problem if some of you have not done so. Send them your info on your pc rig, the more info the have the faster they can narrow the problem down and we can stop playing on the forum and start killing each other in the game.
Please send your info in to ubisoft.
Thanks to everyone who has posted here once again here is the link to the steam forum made2last tipped me on with people on steam having the same problem.
http://forums.steampowered.com...thread.php?t=1243769 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243769)

Remember folks send in your info to ubisoft, inundate them with info so they can get crakin.

pro3211
05-01-2010, 09:52 AM
There's one person that downloaded the leaked AMD 1.5 CCC update and said it worked. I tried that, but it didn't. Is our only solution to this problem waiting for Ubisoft to quickly come up with a hot-fix?

bfar
05-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I got it yesterday, same bug as you all PC SPECS:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Processor: AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 2.90GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
Hard Drive: 250GB Western Digital CaviarSE
Video Card: SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB.

bfar
05-01-2010, 10:40 AM
ATI Catalyst™ 10.4a Preview

* Back

Last Updated
4/27/2010
Article Number
GPU-66

ATI Catalyst™ 10.4a Preview features:
The ATI Catalyst 10.4a Preview provides resolution for the following issue:

* Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Long load times for new maps when using a Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® based system with an:
o ATI Radeon™ HD 5xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 4xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series graphics card
o ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series graphics card
* Splinter Cell Conviction - Resolves stability issues in the game when using a Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP based system with an:
o ATI Radeon HD 3xxx Series of products
* Splinter Cell Conviction - Resolves performance stuttering issues when using a Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP based system with an:
o ATI Radeon HD 2xxx Series of products
o ATI Radeon HD 3xxx Series of products
o ATI Radeon HD 4xxx Series of products
o ATI Radeon HD 5xxx Series of products

Download:
In order to download and install the ATI Catalyst 10.4a Preview, click on the following link:

* Catalyst 10.4a Preview for Windows 7 / Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit Edition
* Catalyst 10.4a Preview for Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit Edition

Shouldnt this solve all our problems?

I'll download to check it out

tinying88
05-01-2010, 12:35 PM
There's one person that downloaded the leaked AMD 1.5 CCC update and said it worked. I tried that, but it didn't. Is our only solution to this problem waiting for Ubisoft to quickly come up with a hot-fix?

Surely yes.
I've tried it as well and I knew that doesn't work for me. :/

fmsam405
05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
that so called leaked ccc 10.5 is 3 weeks old,

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
so dissapointed, was so looking forward to playing this !!

fmsam405
05-01-2010, 01:45 PM
ok i just want to be sure we are looking at the same issue,
the launcher runs np
the tom clancy splash screen np
the the unreal splash all ok
then the next screen , black appart from the 3 white dots in the bottom right, a few seconds then crash,

thats my issue !!
I have been onto ubi support, posted in ati forum and sent a msg to direct to drive, the only reply i had was from d 2 d who say basicly yea no worries just run ccc 10.4 a ............

which does not work

just to confirm this is the same as you guys

cheers
Rick

pro3211
05-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by fmsam405:
ok i just want to be sure we are looking at the same issue,
the launcher runs np
the tom clancy splash screen np
the the unreal splash all ok
then the next screen , black appart from the 3 white dots in the bottom right, a few seconds then crash,

thats my issue !!
I have been onto ubi support, posted in ati forum and sent a msg to direct to drive, the only reply i had was from d 2 d who say basicly yea no worries just run ccc 10.4 a ............

which does not work

just to confirm this is the same as you guys

cheers
Rick

Yes, I think we all have the same problem. Most problems (including mine) are:
1. Launch the game
2. Game count down
3. Black screen for less than a sec, or 1-3 secs
4. Crash back to desktop, program closed
5. No errors or anything

*Most of our system preferences matches/surpasses the minimum requirement of the game

bfar
05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
****ING YES! i'm playing the game guys... you just have to update your drivers to 10.5 Leaked CCC and it will work like a charm i'm at the 5th mission and its very awesome, i though that it wouldnt work, but it did... really guys i'm not talkin ****!

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=920558

fmsam405
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
ok good for you m8,
I did already try the so called leaked 10.5 but still no joy for me.
enjoy the game :-(

GUInterface
05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Some nice person on the steam forums found a fix: http://forums.steampowered.com...729503&postcount=109 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14729503&postcount=109)

Works for me!

fmsam405
05-01-2010, 02:33 PM
no joy here just tried that
still crashes

ffs

Sleepagogo
05-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, the above fix worked. However the resolution was not enough, I had to change the refresh rate from 60 to 61. GL guys.

methman99
05-01-2010, 02:58 PM
i dont even have those options in my file... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

GUInterface
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Make sure you're going to ProgramData/Ubisoft/Conviction and NOT your game directory in Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction/src/system, as the ConvictionUserPC.ini file there doesn't have what you need to change.

styto
05-01-2010, 03:10 PM
also posted on steam
asked for support on steam and ubisoft (no anwser yet...)

I'm not able to start the game!
Ubilauncher start the game,
my screen turns black and comes back again to the desktop.

PROOF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90GQc3NkO_Y

I've reinstalled Steam,
re-downloaded the game.
Updated my ATI-drivers.
etc

pls help

Made2last
05-01-2010, 03:16 PM
as it's being stated on the steam forums, to fix this issue, go through these steps.
1. navigate your program files to the root splinter cell folder.
2. find and open convictionuserpc with a text editor.
3. search for the lines FullscreenViewportX=1600 <-----
FullscreenViewportY=900 <-----
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=1600 <-----
WindowedViewportY=900 <-----
where the arrows are, enter your own resolution.
4. save, and launch application.
5. enjoy.

if it doesnt work for you, sorry. i just saw it, havent tested yet. still on my laptop.

gl though =0

i'll upload a video in a sec or something

pro3211
05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by NanoGUI:
Make sure you're going to ProgramData/Ubisoft/Conviction and NOT your game directory in Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction/src/system, as the ConvictionUserPC.ini file there doesn't have what you need to change.

I didn't choose where the game is going to be installed, and its already in Program Files (x86). I'm not sure where to find ConvictionUserPc.ini file, and i looked all over the place for it.

largopred
05-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Awesome! Worked for me too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cannot BELIEVE that little line of text was the damn problem...

methman99
05-01-2010, 03:26 PM
had to change both the ones in my program data file... one with my name, and the default...

thanks for this whoever did it...

also, took me a small amount of time to locate the program data file in C: drive, as it was hidden file...

GUInterface
05-01-2010, 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoGUI:

I didn't choose where the game is going to be installed, and its already in Program Files (x86). I'm not sure where to find ConvictionUserPc.ini file, and i looked all over the place for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which OS do you have? I'm using Windows 7, if you have XP then I'd recommend searching your computer for the file, since it's probably located in another directory (I don't remember if XP had a ProgramData folder or not).

pro3211
05-01-2010, 03:35 PM
can anyone help me navigate the hidden file so i could change it and play splinter cell please?

pro3211
05-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by NanoGUI:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pro3211:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoGUI:

I didn't choose where the game is going to be installed, and its already in Program Files (x86). I'm not sure where to find ConvictionUserPc.ini file, and i looked all over the place for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which OS do you have? I'm using Windows 7, if you have XP then I'd recommend searching your computer for the file, since it's probably located in another directory (I don't remember if XP had a ProgramData folder or not). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a vista, and there's program files and program files (86x)

Phillip_Grave
05-01-2010, 03:43 PM
has anyone found that file on the retail version?
Scouring my pc but cant find it,the only one i'm finding is the scr type, is it just a steam version file? Hey made2last is it working for you?

pro3211
05-01-2010, 03:45 PM
has anyone found that file on the retail version?
Scouring my pc but cant find it,the only one i'm finding is the scr type, is it just a steam version file? Hey made2last is it working for you?
I have the retailer version too, and I'm having the same problem as phillip_grave, please help.

Phillip_Grave
05-01-2010, 04:01 PM
yeah dude i cant find the .ini file in my program only one i can find is the src file folder and according to the post the data is not in their and believe my I looked. Hmm...I sounds like it works, just need to find the dam folder to alter it. Well wait and see if anyone else can find the folder in the retail install version. Chin up folks we are almost there.

Made2last
05-01-2010, 04:04 PM
ALL HAIL YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBosSOERVKE

wait for it to process so you can watch it in HD and see my windows. I walk through how to fix this. ENJOY MFERS IT WORKS LOLOLLLLLLLLL"

SEE YOU IN GAME GRAVE xD

Phillip_Grave
05-01-2010, 04:04 PM
hey here is a link to find the missing folder ini. folder for scc, thank made2last for the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBosSOERVKE

pro3211
05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Good Job man! We breached the walls!

largopred
05-01-2010, 04:13 PM
If you type:

C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini

into Start>Run, it should open the file right up, hidden or no.

Don't forget to edit the value for the refreshrate also, that's what did it for me.

Phillip_Grave
05-01-2010, 04:18 PM
It F**king works, follow the plan and you can play
Hallelujah, Made2Last im buying you a case of brew, thanks to the folks on the steam thread for this post now lets get to killing each other.

Made2last
05-01-2010, 04:23 PM
points to largopred for making me go the long route xD OH WELL I LOVE YOU ALL

fmsam405
05-01-2010, 05:51 PM
well it seems Im still left behind
i changed the ini file to 3 sets of res's stil cant friggin play
i guess the steam issue is different from the direct to drive d/l

arse

Clemke79
05-01-2010, 07:35 PM
THANKS, WORKS FOR ME!
so the problem wasn't ATI

Asurart
05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
ive change the reso and it still not working for me did u guys change both default and user?

tinying88
05-01-2010, 09:04 PM
yeah dude i cant find the .ini file in my program only one i can find is the src file folder and according to the post the data is not in their and believe my I looked. Hmm...I sounds like it works, just need to find the dam folder to alter it. Well wait and see if anyone else can find the folder in the retail install version. Chin up folks we are almost there.

gosh! same here
I can find the .ini file but the information inside doesn't match with those provided above!

tinying88
05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by tinying88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phillip_Grave:

gosh! same here
I can find the .ini file but the information inside doesn't match with those provided above! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah! i finally did it..
go to
ProgramData but not programfiles!

fmsam405
05-02-2010, 07:38 AM
ok so I figure this would be fixed/ patched eventually.
even though I havent had the success some of you have, I thought why not get into the whole splinter cell thing while I await a fix,
So I downloaded Chaos Theory through steam as it was pretty cheap and the reviews are very good.

WELL F..K ME that doesnt bloody work either.
clearly the issues are linked
no idea what to do now
all other games run perect
metro 2033 / cyrsis / warhead / bad company 2 / arma 2 you name it .

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Asurart
05-02-2010, 08:20 AM
how come i still got the problem after i did all the things said on the youtube clip -.-
is anyone else still having the same problem still?

fmsam405
05-02-2010, 09:18 AM
YEP

sew333
05-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I get the same issue. After launch , game just crash to desktop. 1-2 second black screen and desktop. I change to catalyst 10.4 and nothing help. But i got a solution. This edited ini helped me. And game working excellent !!!
40 fps+ up on max details. So what i change.
In programdata\conviction.ini i changed 2 times resolution to 1440x900 and refresh rate to 75.
Now game is working.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

my pc:
powercolor 5870
I5 2,66
4gb ram
Ga-P55-UD3 Gigabyte

look:
[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=False
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
Class=EchelonCharacter.ESam
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
DisableShaderOptims=False
UseTripleBuffering=False

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
KeyboardLayout=KT_DEFAULT
UseXInputByDefault=True

[DefaultVideoOptions]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1400
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=75
WindowedViewportX=1080
WindowedViewportY=607
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
DynamicAmbientOcclusion=1
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

[UserVideoOptions.]
VisualQuality=3
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=75
WindowedViewportX=1080
WindowedViewportY=607
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=3
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=8
MultiSampleType=4
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

fmsam405
05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Sew
what is your native res'

once again i tried different settings

no luck

the fact that chaos theory wont run as well must be connected in my case

sew333
05-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I dont understand peoples , that talking about bad optimization and poor performance on good machines in this game.

I got 5870 and I5 2,66, and on max settings, AA 4x , Anizo 8x , 1440x900 i got 40 fps and up.
Graphic for me is very impressive. I like it. Very realistic. Never seen before graphic like this. Maybe Crysishttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Answer:
My native resolution is 1440x900

pavluha_br
05-02-2010, 12:47 PM
sew333
Thanks a lot! Modified ConvictionUserPC.ini as listed above and SCC starts & works great! At last my problem's gone. My best regards, dude!

System: Gigabyte MA785GT-UD3H, Chieftec 750W, Phenom II x4 955 3.2Ghz, 2x2Gb DDR3 Kingston 1333Mhz, XFX Radeon 5850 1Gb DDR5, OS Win7 x64 Ultimate

sew333
05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by pavluha_br:
sew333
Thanks a lot! Modified ConvictionUserPC.ini as listed above and SCC starts & works great! At last my problem's gone. My best regards, dude!

System: Gigabyte MA785GT-UD3H, Chieftec 750W, Phenom II x4 955 3.2Ghz, 2x2Gb DDR3 Kingston 1333Mhz, XFX Radeon 5850 1Gb DDR5, OS Win7 x64 Ultimate

No problem brohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Happy gaminghttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fmsam405
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
so now I learn chaos theory will not run on a 64 bit os,
can anyone confirm this
cheers

GUInterface
05-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I have Windows 7 64bit and Chaos Theory works perfectly, SC1 and DA work as well.

fmsam405
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
ok cheers 4 that
no idea whats going on here but 4 sure the fact that they both wont run.............
I think Im missing somthing realy obvious ??

GUInterface
05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
What type of error appears?

Asurart
05-02-2010, 07:40 PM
yes i finally got it working thanks sew333 the only thing that i didnt do was my refresh rate that help me load the game resolution is one thing so the people who havent got it working also try change your refresh rate i changed mine to 61 as that is my max on my laptop

cheers and happy gaming guys

GUInterface
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
You should go to the System folder of each one, open the SplinterCell4.ini/SplinterCell3.ini files, go to where it says:

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]

and change

FullscreenViewportX= 1024 (or whatever number it says)
FullscreenViewportY= 768 (or whatever number it says)

To the resolution you're using right now, mine is:

FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900

for example.

Asurart
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
thanks nano i got it working just needed to change my refresh rate =D

fmsam405
05-03-2010, 02:45 AM
this what ppl keep telling me but I have done that on both ini files !!
my native res is 1920x1200
also changed the refresh rate to 61 65 75
no dice

:-(

fmsam405
05-03-2010, 03:52 AM
ok this is is how it looks now
someone tell me Im a ******* and didnt do it right
first up SCC

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=False
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
UseTripleBuffering=False

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
UseXInputByDefault=True

[DefaultVideoOptions]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1200
MaxRefreshRate=61
WindowedViewportX=1440
WindowedViewportY=900
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

[UserVideoOptions.fmsam405]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1200
MaxRefreshRate=61
WindowedViewportX=1440
WindowedViewportY=900
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this is chaos theory
URL]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.scl
LocalMap=menu.scl
MapExt=scl
EXEName=SplinterCell3.exe
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777

[GENERAL]
NewGameFlow=true
LogosVideo=logos_PC.bik
SplashScreen=SplinterCell3Logo.tga
SplashVideo=introteaser_PC.bik
ESRBVideo=ESRB.bik
IntroVideo=01_lighthouse_intro.bik
FinalVideo=game_final.bik
CreditsVideo=credits.bik

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=829

[Init]
LogFlags=LNONE
;LogFlags=LPLAYERCONTROLLER | LLEVEL2
UseDIMouse=False
defaultRMode=5
UseMagma=True
MagmaVisible=True
UseHavokFile=True
UseGameStats=False
GameStatsFileTag=P0_
EnableOcclusion=True
UseActorZoning=True
HeadSetPresent=True
InitialSave=False
PermeatingLightCutOff=True
//DifficultyMode=NORMAL
UseSkelMeshRecycling=True
UseDynamicDataFile=false
JoinRefresDelay=10.0

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
GameRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
AudioDevice=DareAudio.DareAudioSubsystem
Console=Engine.Console
DefaultPlayerMenu=
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
WindowedRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
DefaultGame=Echelon.EchelonGameInfo
DefaultServerGame=Engine.GameInfo
ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Echelon.ECanvas
Editor3DRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
PREGameMenuInteraction=EchelonMenus.SCMagmaInterac tionPREGame
SPGameMenuInteraction=EchelonMenus.SCMagmaInteract ionSPGame
MPGameMenuInteraction=EchelonMenus.SCMagmaInteract ionMPGame
SPLITGameMenuInteraction=EchelonMenus.SCMagmaInter actionSPLITGame

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=Save
CachePath=Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=..\System\*.u
Paths=..\Data\Maps\*.scl
Paths=..\Data\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\Data\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\Data\SoundsScript\*.uax
Paths=..\Data\Music\*.umx
Paths=..\Data\StaticMeshes\*.usx
Paths=..\Data\Animations\*.ukx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1440
WindowedViewportY=900
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1200
TextureDetail=High
SkinDetail=High
Brightness=0.500000
Contrast=0.500000
Gamma=1.000000
MipFactor=1.000000
CaptureMouse=True
StartupFullscreen=True
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
MinDesiredFrameRate=10.000000
Decals=True
NoDynamicLights=False
SkinDetail=High
TextureDetail=High
NoFractalAnim=False
Decals=False
ShadowQuality=1
ShaderModel=1
Anisotropy=1
AntiAliasing=0
Trilinear=1
Specular=1
ParallaxMapping=1
HQSoftShadows=1
HDR=1
HiResTextures=0
ToneMapping=1

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
UsePrecaching=True
UseMipmapping=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseMultitexture=True
UsePageFlipping=True
UseFullscreen=False
UseGammaCorrection=True
UseTripleBuffering=True
UsePrecache=True
Use32BitTextures=False
AdapterNumber=-1
ReduceMouseLag=True
UseTripleBuffering=False
UseHWShadowMapping=False
UseVSync=False

[Editor.EditorEngine]
UseSound=True
CacheSizeMegs=6
GridEnabled=True
DupOffsetEnabled=True
SnapVertices=True
SnapDistance=10.000000
GridSize=(X=8.000000,Y=8.000000,Z=8.000000)
RotGridEnabled=True
RotGridSize=(Pitch=1024,Yaw=1024,Roll=1024)
GameCommandLine=-log
FovAngleDegrees=90.000000
GodMode=True
AutoSave=True
AutoSaveTimeMinutes=5
AutoSaveIndex=0
UseAxisIndicator=True
MatineeCurveDetail=0.100000
UseSizingBox=True
UseTagDisplay=True
AlwaysShowTerrain=False
UseActorRotationGizmo=False
AudioDevice=None
Console=Class'Engine.Console'
DefaultMenu=None
DefaultPlayerMenu=None
NetworkDevice=None
Language=None
C_WorldBox=(B=107,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_GroundPlane=(B=63,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_GroundHighlight=(B=127,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_BrushWire=(B=63,G=63,R=255,A=255)
C_Pivot=(B=0,G=255,R=0,A=255)
C_Select=(B=127,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_Current=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_AddWire=(B=255,G=127,R=127,A=255)
C_SubtractWire=(B=63,G=192,R=255,A=255)
C_GreyWire=(B=163,G=163,R=163,A=255)
C_BrushVertex=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_BrushSnap=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_Invalid=(B=163,G=163,R=163,A=255)
C_ActorWire=(B=0,G=63,R=127,A=255)
C_ActorHiWire=(B=0,G=127,R=255,A=255)
C_Black=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_White=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
C_Mask=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_SemiSolidWire=(B=0,G=255,R=127,A=255)
C_NonSolidWire=(B=32,G=192,R=63,A=255)
C_WireBackground=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_WireGridAxis=(B=119,G=119,R=119,A=255)
C_ActorArrow=(B=0,G=0,R=163,A=255)
C_ScaleBox=(B=11,G=67,R=151,A=255)
C_ScaleBoxHi=(B=157,G=149,R=223,A=255)
C_ZoneWire=(B=0,G=0,R=0,A=255)
C_Mover=(B=128,G=0,R=128,A=255)
C_OrthoBackground=(B=163,G=163,R=163,A=255)
C_StaticMesh=(B=127,G=127,R=0,A=255)
C_ConstraintLine=(B=0,G=255,R=0,A=255)
C_AnimMesh=(B=28,G=221,R=221,A=255)
ShowNavMarkers=True
C_Volume=(B=225,G=196,R=255,A=255)
C_BlockingVolume=(B=150,G=70,R=150,A=255)
EditPackages=Core
EditPackages=Engine
EditPackages=Editor
EditPackages=UWindow
EditPackages=UDebugMenu
EditPackages=EchelonEffect
EditPackages=Echelon
EditPackages=EchelonAI
EditPackages=EchelonIngredient
EditPackages=EchelonGameObject
EditPackages=EchelonCharacter
EditPackages=EchelonPattern
EditPackages=EchelonMenus
EditPackages=UnrealEd

[UMenu.UnrealConsole]
RootWindow=UMenu.UMenuRootWindow
UWindowKey=
ShowDesktop=True

[UMenu.UMenuMenuBar]
ShowHelp=True
GameUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTGameMenu
MultiplayerUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu
OptionsUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTOptionsMenu

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=9

[WindowPositions]
Material Properties=(X=237,Y=143,XL=692,YL=606)
VFToolbar=(X=3,Y=3,XL=418,YL=24)
PictureButton=(X=786,Y=8,XL=22,YL=20)
Surface Properties=(X=0,Y=-46,XL=436,YL=270)
WPropertyPage=(X=0,Y=0,XL=486,YL=228)
Terrain Editing=(X=0,Y=-46,XL=577,YL=426)
SubTools=(X=15,Y=211,XL=542,YL=211)
Matinee=(X=0,Y=-38,XL=394,YL=426)
Build Options=(X=0,Y=-46,XL=368,YL=412)
BottomBar=(X=0,Y=0,XL=1212,YL=36)
BottomBarStandard=(X=69,Y=928,XL=999,YL=35)
TopBar=(X=0,Y=0,XL=1280,YL=32)
ThinScrollBar=(X=64,Y=0,XL=4,YL=886)
EditorToolbar=(X=0,Y=0,XL=68,YL=886)
Sound Browser=(X=4,Y=32,XL=1166,YL=725)
Music Browser=(X=4,Y=32,XL=1166,YL=725)
Group Browser=(X=4,Y=32,XL=1166,YL=725)
New Material=(X=92,Y=76,XL=594,YL=449)
Master Browser=(X=76,Y=58,XL=1182,YL=815)
Texture Browser=(X=84,Y=186,XL=1166,YL=725)
Static Mesh Browser=(X=84,Y=186,XL=1166,YL=725)
Actor Browser=(X=84,Y=186,XL=1166,YL=725)
Prefab Browser=(X=84,Y=186,XL=1166,YL=725)
InAnimWindowProperties=(X=874,Y=100,XL=285,YL=637)
Animation Browser=(X=84,Y=186,XL=1166,YL=725)
Mesh Browser=(X=84,Y=186,XL=1166,YL=725)
Load Errors=(X=394,Y=253,XL=491,YL=365)
Check Map=(X=394,Y=258,XL=491,YL=355)
Scale Lights=(X=494,Y=384,XL=291,YL=104)
Progress=(X=459,Y=390,XL=362,YL=92)
Search for Actors=(X=384,Y=297,XL=512,YL=278)
Replace Textures=(X=378,Y=271,XL=524,YL=329)
Find/Replace=(X=406,Y=333,XL=458,YL=195)
CodeFrame=(X=1,Y=-45,XL=798,YL=568)
EditorLog=(X=100,Y=54,XL=450,YL=450)
MdiFrameBottom=(X=68,Y=928,XL=1212,YL=36)
MdiFrameLeft=(X=0,Y=78,XL=68,YL=886)
MdiFrameTop=(X=0,Y=46,XL=1280,YL=32)
Brush Builder=(X=12,Y=33,XL=345,YL=287)
ActorProperties=(X=662,Y=295,XL=576,YL=458)
Viewport Config=(X=437,Y=397,XL=405,YL=126)
GameLog=(X=0,Y=0,XL=1292,YL=473)
Import Texture=(X=-462,Y=-245,XL=366,YL=249)
Import Static Mesh=(X=268,Y=340,XL=366,YL=153)
ActorProperties.Split=239
Patrol Tool=(X=0,Y=-46,XL=295,YL=865)
CrashBox=(X=369,Y=361,XL=542,YL=274)
LevelProperties=(X=666,Y=129,XL=526,YL=699)
New Notify=(X=-4,Y=-32,XL=522,YL=198)
New Mesh/Animation=(X=-4,Y=-32,XL=366,YL=288)
EditActor=(X=679,Y=7,XL=580,YL=916)
Add Special=(X=478,Y=366,XL=324,YL=181)
PatternED=(X=131,Y=-68,XL=1128,YL=802)
Generic=(X=221,Y=312,XL=459,YL=210)
Cinematics Tool=(X=532,Y=-24,XL=329,YL=556)
Realtime Blend=(X=358,Y=159,XL=395,YL=273)
EditorFrame=(X=-32000,Y=-32000,XL=160,YL=24)
Navigation Mesh Tool=(X=953,Y=-46,XL=179,YL=444)
Morph Channels=(X=310,Y=118,XL=491,YL=355)
GEO Editor=(X=0,Y=-46,XL=460,YL=282)
WSplitterContainer=(X=4,Y=78,XL=1158,YL=543)
WSplitter=(X=260,Y=264,XL=6,YL=543)
WSplitterPane=(X=266,Y=264,XL=979,YL=543)
StaticMeshProperties=(X=0,Y=625,XL=1166,YL=100)
AI Editing Tool=(X=903,Y=-46,XL=245,YL=704)
Sound Properties=(X=-4,Y=-32,XL=366,YL=123)

[UDebugMenu.UDebugMapListCW]
LastGameType=Engine.GameInfo

[TRANSPORT_INBOUND]
USE_EMULATOR=false
DROP_PROBABILITY=0.03
LATENCY=0
JITTER=0
BANDWIDTH=640000

[TRANSPORT_OUTBOUND]
USE_EMULATOR=false
LATENCY=50
JITTER=0
BANDWIDTH=640000

[TRANSPORT_OPTIONS]
TRAP_ICMPERRORS=false
MAX_SILENCEDTIME=600000

[VOICE_CHAT]
NOISE_LEVEL_TRESHOLD=27
NOISE_LEVEL_SAMPLING=3
NOISE_LEVEL_ACC_SEC=5
NOISE_LEVEL_COEF=0.6
NOISE_LEVEL_ACC_MAX=2000
LEVEL_TO_RADIUS_IN_CM=2.5
NOISE_LEVEL_LOW_MAX=50
NOISE_LEVEL_MED_MAX=70

[SIMULATION]
MAXFPS=60
MINFPS=10

[LauncherResolutions]
res0=640x480
res1=800x600
res2=1024x768
res3=1280x720
res4=1280x1024
res5=1600x900

[BRIEFING]
UseIt=TRUE
PersoName[0]=LAMBERT
PersoName[1]=GRIMSDOTTIR
PersoName[2]=REDDING
PersoName[3]=PATRIDGE
PersoName[4]=SHETLAND
PersoName[5]=OTOMO
PersoName[6]=MASSON
PersoName[7]=TURTLE
PersoSpeech[0]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[1]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[2]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[3]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[4]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[5]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[6]=SOUNDEVENTNAME
PersoSpeech[7]=SOUNDEVENTNAME

[AI]
VisibilityScale=1.0
VisibilityOffset=0.0

[UBI.COM]
Discovery=gsconnect.ubisoft.com

[WinDrv.WinJoystickMgr]
UseJoystick=True

sorry 4 the big post
Im desperate

Phillip_Grave
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey fmsam405 you still having problems with the game crashing back to the desktop? It looks like you didn't also change your windoedviewport x and y values to mathc the fullscreenViewport x and y values. Follow this according to your pc resolution and refresh rate. The ones with the arrows you have to change to your settings, good luck mate having a blast playing, need more people for co-op.

UserVideoOptions.Andy71480]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1600 <-----
FullscreenViewportY=900 <-----
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=1600 <-----
WindowedViewportY=900 <-----
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

fmsam405
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
thanks for the reply
I have tried all manor of options, 1920 x 1200 on both was the first thing i tried,
it seems im the only one that cant get it to work.
maybr its because i have 2 monitors, ( mind you i did think of that and disconnected one of them)
anyway Im glad for most of you who got it to work

Ill keep at it

fmsam405
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Well I cant see any difference here, can you ??

VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1200
MaxRefreshRate=65
WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1200
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

I did try all kinds of refresh rate figures, 60 61 65 70 ffs I even tried 30 ....lol

I have never in all my years of pc gaming had an issue such as ths that I couldnt figure out,

Like I keep saying Im sure the clue here is chaos theory wont start either

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Phillip_Grave
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
are you running crossfire on your cards? it may not be supported

pro3211
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
The game runs fine after following Made2last's awesome guidance video. I upgraded my driver to ATI 10.5CCC and It has a few crashes during the campaign. So, I uninstall 10.5CCC and installed the new 10.4 ATI driver. Experienced no crash so far. A problem I detected with the 10.4 is that the game (when playing) sometimes go black screen, but you still see the mission adjective distance, including moving your character. The only cure I found in game is that to use sonar goggles when the "black screen" appears. Another problem I found is that there are too less people online to play co-op with. I tried finding other people, but nothing showed up.

Asurart
05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
try these setting fmsam

VisualQuality=0
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1024
FullscreenViewportY=768
MaxRefreshRate=61
WindowedViewportX=1080
WindowedViewportY=607

if not try
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900

fmsam405
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
yep I am running cross fire,

and as they are water cooled its a pain to drain down and re do the loop just to test, it seems disabling cross fire makes no difference.

anyway, I had enough bits and pieces around here to throw togther a spare rig, so im now running an asus m2n sli de luxe 4 gb ddr2 gtx 295 under windows xp and already Im in the options screen,
Ill report back in an hour or 2

Rick

fmsam405
05-04-2010, 03:14 PM
ok all good running at full settings no lag no hassle,
the game itself is a blast, only had a quick go but at least i know all the data is ok I just need to wait 4 a patch ( must be a cross fire thing) and then play on my main rig.
thanks again 4 all those who tried helping

:-)

klover_k
05-18-2010, 04:26 AM
For all people are having the same problem like me just an hour ago. Follow the steps may help u (works for me)
1/Reinstall the game
2/Go to Control Panel/ Folder Option: Show all hidden folders >>> Apply
3/Go to where u installed the game (C is recommended)/ProgramData (must be Program Data, not ProgramFiles) locate Ubisoft folder
4/There's only 1 files in there, which is ConvictionUserPc (which quite many people have mentioned)
5/Set:
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=61
WindowedViewportX=1280
WindowedViewportY=720

Just need to set it for the 1st one... u dont need to care 'bout the second parts

Note: my monitor refresh rate is 61 so I set 61, u guys may have different RF, so change it to suit yours.

Enjoy the game...

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Please help I don't have any ini file at ProgramData! please!

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I only have the ConvictionUserPC file where the game is installed in programfiles, but its content is much different than the one that was discussed. It has this:

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=True
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
UseTripleBuffering=False
ForceGpuCount=0
MaxFPS=120
EyefinityMode=2
ForceMultiMon=False
MinTripleDispRatio=3.9

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
UseXInputByDefault=True

I have the retail version.
I am literally going to kill myself. No, this is not an idle statement. I have serious mental issues, I'm 22 and live with my parents, and I have very little money. I spent $60 on this game believing it would keep me busy but now it doesn't work. Great, that's what I get for buying games fare and square. Can't ubi patch this? or maybe they simply don't care enough. If this isn't fixed in a week, or if I can't find a solution that works in a week, I am going to put an end to my life. I hope someone at ubi reads this and gives a damn. But I guess they don't.

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 02:58 PM
That is the correct .ini file Kroen, just scroll down a bit and their is more, there should be directly below the '[input]';
[DefaultVideoOptions]
VisualQuality=1
StartupFullscreen=False
FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=1024
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=768
WindowedViewportY=432
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=1
TextureQuality=1
EnvDetail=1
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=4
DynamicAmbientOcclusion=0
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=10000
TransparentDOF=True
ParticleVertexLighting=False

The bit highlightd in bold is the part you want, that is a copy and past of my Resoloution, change it to yours.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
This-

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=True
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
UseTripleBuffering=False
ForceGpuCount=0
MaxFPS=120
EyefinityMode=2
ForceMultiMon=False
MinTripleDispRatio=3.9

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
UseXInputByDefault=True

Is ALL there is to the file. There is nothing after the input.

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by kroen1987:
This-

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=True
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
UseTripleBuffering=False
ForceGpuCount=0
MaxFPS=120
EyefinityMode=2
ForceMultiMon=False
MinTripleDispRatio=3.9

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
UseXInputByDefault=True

Is ALL there is to the file. There is nothing after the input.

Im stumped, their HAS to be a Ubisoft folder in Program Data. Maybe someone who has more knowledge of this can send you an edited version of theirs and edit it for you so you can make one in Program data?

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
There is no ubisoft folder in ProgramData. The file I just copied and pasted was taken from the Ubisoft folder in ProgramFiles where I installed the game. Do you think creating a Ubisoft folder in Program Data (possibly sub folders, too? dunno) and making a notepad file there and pasting the correct text would fix this? somehow I doubt this.

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
IT should look like this, except the name of course.

[UserVideoOptions.GuZZ33]
VisualQuality=3
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=1280
WindowedViewportY=720
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=1.777778
ShadowQuality=3
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
MultiSampleType=8
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
The file I just copied and pasted was taken from the Ubisoft folder in ProgramFiles where I installed the game.
I have conviction on windows XP home 32-bit, i can check if you like, gimme a bit of time and i'll get back to you asap. I'm on win 7 64-Bit right this moment in time.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Thank you.
Also, can you help me set it up in ProgramData? Maybe it'll help.

So I should creat a Ubisoft folder in ProgramData. Is there a subfolder to it? Then, copy here the entire content of your ini file and I will copy it to a notepad file I will create there. Thanks.

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
So I should creat a Ubisoft folder in ProgramData.
You should not have to do anything mate, all files and folders get installed by default when you install the game, you don't add anything.

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
There is no ubisoft folder in ProgramData. The file I just copied and pasted was taken from the Ubisoft folder in ProgramFiles where I installed the game. Do you think creating a Ubisoft folder in Program Data (possibly sub folders, too? dunno) and making a notepad file there and pasting the correct text would fix this? somehow I doubt this.

It is worth a shot, in Program Data create a Ubisoft folder then inside it create another folder called Conviction, copy and paste the UserConvictionPC.ini file that you were looking at and paste it inside the Conviction folder you just created, then once it is in their copy this and paste it in the ini. file;

[DefaultVideoOptions]
VisualQuality=1
StartupFullscreen=False
FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=1024
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=768
WindowedViewportY=432
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=1
TextureQuality=1
EnvDetail=1
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=4
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=10000
TransparentDOF=True

[UserVideoOptions.]
VisualQuality=1
StartupFullscreen=False
FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=1024
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=768
WindowedViewportY=432
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=1
TextureQuality=1
EnvDetail=1
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=4
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=10000
TransparentDOF=True

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kroen1987:
So I should creat a Ubisoft folder in ProgramData.
You should not have to do anything mate, all files and folders get installed by default when you install the game, you don't add anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah but apparently he hasn't got the Ubisoft folder in Program Data and has tried reinstalling twice with no change.

EP3nquin
06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
i thought the UBI launcher was in its own folder in program files?

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by EP3nquin:
i thought the UBI launcher was in its own folder in program files?

It is in the Ubisoft folder in program files along with Conviction but this guy is after the Ubisoft folder in ProgramData that contains ConvictionUserPC.ini, which he dosen't seem to have.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Welshlad2009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kroen1987:

It is worth a shot, in Program Data create a Ubisoft folder then inside it create another folder called Conviction, copy and paste the UserConvictionPC.ini file that you were looking at and paste it inside the Conviction folder you just created, then once it is in their copy this and paste it in the ini. file;

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will try, tnx. Can't say I have high hopes though.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Also, what name should I put in UserVideoOptions? I don't have username in the game... how could I, when it never launched?

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Also, what name should I put in UserVideoOptions? I don't have username in the game... how could I, when it never launched?

I would just leave it like it is for now, and if it dosent work change it to the username you are going to create. Try both of these options oh and on the Fullscreen resoloution bit change it to your screen resoloution, in this for example it is 1280x1024 so 1280 goes in x and 1024 goes in y

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Don't do anything, we got it wrong, it's not in programdata folder in win xp because there isn't one, it's in another place, i'll show you how to find it ok?.

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Also, what name should I put in UserVideoOptions?.
You don't have to do that, what have you changed so far?.

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 04:03 PM
kroen1987 are you there?.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 04:10 PM
so far nothing, I'm watching e3. but the thing is, I do have ProgramData folder... (it's jut that the ini file is not there)

MC Davies 2K9
06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Kroen are you sure you have Vista not XP? Cos you are saying their is a programData but the other guy is saying XP dosent have ProgramData. Don't change anything so far. We need to get this straight cos things are not adding up....

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 04:17 PM
For Windows XP.

Click start.
My Computer.
Double click Local Disk.
Click on Tools at top left of the page.
Scrool down then click to open Folder Options.
Click View at top of Folder Options.
Click Show hidden files and folders then click apply, click ok.
Open up Documents and settings on Local Disk (your hard drive).
Open up All users.
Open up Application Data.
Look for the Ubisoft folder.
Open up Conviction and in there is the ConvictionUserPC file.

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 04:21 PM
XP dosent have ProgramData.
Windows XP Home 32-Bit does not have programdata folder, the file he is looking for is in Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Ubisoft/Conviction/ConvictionUserPC.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Kroen are you sure you have Vista not XP? Cos you are saying their is a programData but the other guy is saying XP dosent have ProgramData. Don't change anything so far. We need to get this straight cos things are not adding up....
As I've said many times, I have XP.

For Windows XP.

Click start.
My Computer.
Double click Local Disk.
Click on Tools at top left of the page.
Scrool down then click to open Folder Options.
Click View at top of Folder Options.
Click Show hidden files and folders then click apply, click ok.
Open up Documents and settings on Local Disk (your hard drive).
Open up All users.
Open up Application Data.
Look for the Ubisoft folder.
Open up Conviction and in there is the ConvictionUserPC file.
Thanks! I will check this out after E3 is done for today. I really hope this works.
So once I'm there, I should change my fullscreen resolution to my resolution, right? And what about the refresh rate?

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Welshlad2009:
XP dosent have ProgramData.
Windows XP Home 32-Bit does not have programdata folder, the file he is looking for is in Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Ubisoft/Conviction/ConvictionUserPC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have Windows XP Professional 32bit and it does have ProgramData (as I've already said multiple times). I will try your solution as I've said in my previous post.

GuZZ33
06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I should change my fullscreen resolution to my resolution, right? And what about the refresh rate?
I can't give you any advice on what settings you should choose, i just pointed you in the direction of the file you were looking for.

You make any adjustments or settings at your own risk.

All the best.

kroen1987
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
at my own risk lol... as if I've got anything to lose... anyway I would try your solution later and report early tommorow.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 05:19 AM
bad news guys... I found the folder, found the ini file, but its content is exactly of the one I early copied...

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=True
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
UseTripleBuffering=False

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
UseXInputByDefault=True

that's it... even tried copying the correct text given before here after it and still nothing.... I think I'm gonna cry now if you don't mind

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 06:10 AM
this is not fair is is SO not fair you have NO IDEA how messed up my life is this was the ONLY bright spot in my life I've been looking to play this for so long and now that I've finally spent $60 from the little money I have and it doesn't work... I don't believe it... it's like a nightmare only I can't wake up... I can't believe ubisoft aren't patching this... all day long all I do is stare at the monitor I have NOTHING else to do I was counting MY LIFE on this game... I'm going to end this all... I am really going to... I can't take much longer of this boredom... I WON'T.... if this ain't fixed soon... I don't know what I'm gonna do... actually I do... and it sucks.... thank you ubisoft, for wasting my money for nothing and not attending to the problem... thank you ubisoft, for putting an end to my life. now I know the horrible truth- you're not just thieves, you're murderers. I hope you're happy. I can see it, after I'm gone, I can see it as clear as day- "Guy kills self because his game won't work". maybe after it hits the news ubisoft would fix the problem... but it would be too late for me

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 06:25 AM
this is not fair is is SO not fair you have NO IDEA how messed up my life is this was the ONLY bright spot in my life I've been looking to play this for so long and now that I've finally spent $60 from the little money I have and it doesn't work... I don't believe it... it's like a nightmare only I can't wake up... I can't believe ubisoft aren't patching this... all day long all I do is stare at the monitor I have NOTHING else to do I was counting MY LIFE on this game... I'm going to end this all... I am really going to... I can't take much longer of this boredom... I WON'T.... if this ain't fixed soon... I don't know what I'm gonna do... actually I do... and it sucks.... thank you ubisoft, for wasting my money for nothing and not attending to the problem... thank you ubisoft, for putting an end to my life. now I know the horrible truth- you're not just thieves, you're murderers. I hope you're happy. I can see it, after I'm gone, I can see it as clear as day- "Guy kills self because his game won't work". maybe after it hits the news ubisoft would fix the problem... but it would be too late for me

Can you tell us what your PC specifications are?, like your CPU and graphics card and system memory (RAM). What is your monitor?, is it a LCD or CRT?, what is the model and factory recommended resolution settings and refresh rate?.

Take it easy there fella/lady?. The only explanation i can think of why you don't have that file is.. that the ConvictionUser ini file is only created during the first time you start the game?, i'm not 100% sure though. So..., you installed Splinter Cell Conviction without any issues yes?, then the auto patcher ran ok and you was able to install the updates yes?, then you proceed to log in using the Ubisoft Game Launcher yes?, what happens after you log in with your correct Username and Password and click on the big turquoise/blue disc with a white arrow head in it?.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
So I've send an email to ubisoft through support:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...431061868#2431061868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/6761013758?r=2431061868#2431061868)

Go to this thread. As you will see in it there's a similar thread in the steam forums. A lot of people are having this problem. Some of them emailed you about it and post your answer in the forum, but it helped no one. This is a serious problem. Some users have come up with solutions that helped some, but not all. You should really, really patch this. Thousands (possibly more) of people have purchased your game and are unable to play it. The post I linked to is not a thread or anything, only a simple truth. This problem needs to addressed officially. This issue is unacceptable, and is more unacceptable that it is not being officially patched. Please do not answer with a bland email with possible solutions- people have already recieved these "solutions" from you and they didn't helped anyone. Please forward this email to the people who actually make patches to this game, let them look into it.
Thank you, and I really hope it won't come to what I said in my post.

I really hope this help, but I doubt it.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
So I've send an email to ubisoft through support.
Do you meet the minimum required specifications to run Splinter Cell Conviction on your PC ?

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 06:43 AM

Can you tell us what your PC specifications are?, like your CPU and graphics card and system memory (RAM). What is your monitor?, is it a LCD or CRT?, what is the model and factory recommended resolution settings and refresh rate?.

Take it easy there fella/lady?. The only explanation i can think of why you don't have that file is.. that the ConvictionUser ini file is only created during the first time you start the game?, i'm not 100% sure though. So..., you installed Splinter Cell Conviction without any issues yes?, then the auto patcher ran ok and you was able to install the updates yes?, then you proceed to log in using the Ubisoft Game Launcher yes?, what happens after you log in with your correct Username and Password and click on the big turquoise/blue disc with a white arrow head in it?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean Ubisoft Game Launcher? I try to enter the game through the desktop shorcut of it (and also tried the actual exe file where it's installed) and nothing happens. How can the file only be created the first time I start the game if I CAN'T START THE GAME?! And I've looked at the requierements of the game and my PC meet them all. I had no trouble playing any other game this gen, including other Ubisfot titles. My PC is not the issue.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Do you meet the minimum required specifications to run Splinter Cell Conviction on your PC ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're kidding, right? Yes I have mental issue but I'm not ******ed. This would have been the first thing I looked into, even before I bought the game. Look at the post above this one.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 06:50 AM
What do you mean Ubisoft Game Launcher?.
Ubisoft Game launcher
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8805/ubilauncher.jpg (http://img261.imageshack.us/i/ubilauncher.jpg/)

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 06:53 AM
where is it supposed to be?

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 06:54 AM
How can the file only be created the first time I start the game if I CAN'T START THE GAME?!.
What i'm saying is that the game uses a standard default start up setting, then once you are in game and change any of the graphics and resolution settings and other settings, the ConvictionUser ini is created. That's probably why you don't have the file you were looking for.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 06:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GuZZ33:
Do you meet the minimum required specifications to run Splinter Cell Conviction on your PC ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're kidding, right? Yes I have mental issue but I'm not ******ed. This would have been the first thing I looked into, even before I bought the game. Look at the post above this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey dude ...i'm only trying to help you out man, take it easy ok.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 06:56 AM
but I can't be in game because the game won't lauch :/ so what you're saying that in order to launch the game I need to somehow magically be in the game and change the graphics setting and only then I could launch the game :/ this makes no sense

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 06:59 AM
where is it supposed to be?
The Ubisoft Game Launcher pops up when you click on the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Conviction desktop icon or where ever you have the Icon, in windows XP the Icon is a white square with three red/maroon? bullet decals on it.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 07:02 AM
ahhh my desktop icon has an image of sam fisher, not what you said. and nothing pops up when I click it.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 07:03 AM
this makes no sense
What makes no sense is, that you are saying what is the Ubisoft Game Launcher? or where is it supposed to be?.

You click the Splinter Cell Conviction Icon, the Ubisoft Game Launcher appears on your desktop, you then log in and proceed to play.

But are you saying you don't have the Ubisoft Game Launcher as well?.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 07:05 AM
I didn't realized what you meant. I installed the game, ofcours I have a desktop icon, but NOTHING appears when I click it. Also the icon reads Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, and not Ubisoft Game Launcher. that's where the mixup came from.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 07:07 AM
ahhh my desktop icon has an image of sam fisher, not what you said. and nothing pops up when I click it.
Have you tried going to start/All Programs/UBISOFT/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction and click on Play Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Icon in that folder?.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Yes, and I also tried the icon in the folder where it's installed. Nothing.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Also the icon reads Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, and not Ubisoft Game Launcher. that's where the mixup came from.
Yeah my Icon reads the same as yours mate. After you click the Icon you should by default have the Ubisoft Game Launcher appear on your desktop. The only way to proceed to play is through the launcher, you have to log in with a correct Username and password to be able to play the game.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Yes, and I also tried the icon in the folder where it's installed. Nothing.
Then the only thing i can think of is that you have a very corrupt install of the game, how that came about only you know mate. take the disc back to the retail shop where you purchased it and tell them it is faulty, and try again, that's all i can think of to do right this minute.

kroen1987
06-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Unlikely corrupt installed. I reinstalled it twice for a total of three times. The disc has no scratches on it. This has nothing to do with the disc, as evident in the steam thread where a lot of people are having the same problem as I and the standard solutions don't work for them.

GuZZ33
06-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Unlikely corrupt installed. I reinstalled it twice for a total of three times. The disc has no scratches on it. This has nothing to do with the disc, as evident in the steam thread where a lot of people are having the same problem as I and the standard solutions don't work for them.
Then i have absolutely no idea why the game won't run on your system mate. Splinter Cell Conviction runs/plays ok on windows XP Home edition 32-Bit and windows 7 64-Bit that i have tested. I am aware gamers are having issues in different operating systems and Splinter Cell Conviction, but i have no idea why?. Sorry, hope you get it sorted, all the best.

Ravasempai
07-18-2011, 11:27 AM
ok guys, prob been said alot but I will say it again so people dont have to troll through all the forum to get this.

if splinter cell crash's right after hitting play in launcher....
in your main drive go to tools and reviel all folders.

then paist this into your explorer bar
C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction

from here replace whats in thios file with this:

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=False
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
UseTripleBuffering=False

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
UseXInputByDefault=True

[DefaultVideoOptions]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1400
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=75
WindowedViewportX=1080
WindowedViewportY=607
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=16
MultiSampleType=0
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

[UserVideoOptions.]
VisualQuality=3
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=75
WindowedViewportX=1080
WindowedViewportY=607
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000
ShadowQuality=3
TextureQuality=2
EnvDetail=2
RealtimeReflections=True
MaxAnisotropy=8
MultiSampleType=4
CullDistance=0
TransparentDOF=True

save the changes and try running the game.
it worked for me

Mr_Shade
07-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Please do not bump a year old thread..

I am locking.