PDA

View Full Version : Torque

Archangel2980
10-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Did they tone it down because I miss it. Flying seems easier now, maybe it's just me though lol.

BaldieJr
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Yup.

Archangel2980
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Well that sucks, I've been flying the bf110 and I notice when one of my engines got hit I didn't even have to trim the aileron to counter the the dead weight. It's kind of like you don't have to work hard any more to keep these birds up.

VW-IceFire
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah its pretty much gone...as is the momentium and inertia in rolls.

msalama
10-20-2005, 02:36 AM
It's kind of like you don't have to work hard any more to keep these birds up.

Well, it's always been easy in this game, and the new patch doesn't really make any difference. Example: I tested both v.4.01 and v.4.02 A-20s, and turned engine nr. 2 off in mid-flight, feathered the prop, trimmed for asymmetrical lift & thrust etc. Result: no big difference, i.e. controlling the bird was pretty easy in both versions.

Yeah its pretty much gone...

Yeah??? Take off in, say, a Sturmo & observe how much rudder is needed. I've an inkling that you need even _MORE_ now! Might be wrong, though, early impressions and that y'see...

But maybe, just maybe - and pardon me for saying this - ye guys is in de grip of de great big patch hysteria dere, eh?

nakamura_kenji
10-20-2005, 02:42 AM
only real torque take off, when air little to no unless i counter it not realising

msalama
10-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by nakamura_kenji:
only real torque take off, when air little to no unless i counter it not realising

There is, you know. Why, just reduce your power & RPMs and observe what happens - the need for trimming becomes apparent instantly...

nakamura_kenji
10-20-2005, 02:47 AM
i have tire that ki-61 has no rudder trim

msalama
10-20-2005, 02:56 AM
i have tire that ki-61 has no rudder trim

Did it have one in RL?

nakamura_kenji
10-20-2005, 03:10 AM
no trim tab on ground set for crusie speed think

msalama
10-20-2005, 04:11 AM
no trim tab on ground set for crusie speed think

Ah-ha, Flettner tabs only. Well, then it shouldn't have one in the game either...

nakamura_kenji
10-20-2005, 04:18 AM
yes it no have rudder trim it do before in 4.01 but oleg correct remove for 4.02. though 4.01 i found need not use trim would rather just use extra bit rudder control not to hard now i not need do at all. only trim ever use is elevator so fly flat. it maybe torque disapear or tone down make ki-61 easier fly on limit that 4.01

WOLFMondo
10-20-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Why though? I thought it was a realistic addition to the sim since torque was always something that affected prop driven planes quite allot.

All those accounts of pilots using massive amounts of rudder on take of just not count any more or did Oleg make this sim easy again :/

msalama
10-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Hmm... _torque_ itself shouldn't be that noticeable in level cruise conditions anyway, because maximum engine torque is produced at full power (i.e. in takeoff and combat situations). But if it's _propdrag/wash_ we're talking about, then we're in the business of being in the business http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

...now i not need do at all.

What was your airspeed then, i.e. maybe you'd just hit the rudder tab "sweet spot" there? Also, could it be that the bird was designed with asymmetric wing incidence so that more propwash = more asymmetrical lift to counter the effect?

Just guessing here, of course.

msalama
10-20-2005, 05:00 AM
All those accounts of pilots using massive amounts of rudder on take of just not count any more

??? We're not flying the same sim then it seems...

Kuna15
10-20-2005, 05:14 AM
I've watched T_O_A_D's Texan T6 flight track (he posted it some time ago on this forum, nice video BTW http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif).

On track it is clearly visible that they were taxiing on runway very easily, I remember that I have been impressed with the overall plane handling (while watching the video; I wasn't in plane so I could have a wrong impression tho but still).
I reccomend that you guys dig that track up if possible, it is worth to take a look on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Airmail109
10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Meh i thought it had got stronger...i really had to trim my MKIII out the first time i tried it.

faustnik
10-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Why though? I thought it was a realistic addition to the sim since torque was always something that affected prop driven planes quite allot.

All those accounts of pilots using massive amounts of rudder on take of just not count any more or did Oleg make this sim easy again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I miss the torque too, it made the sim feel more "alive". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Beckh_3.JG51
10-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Totally agree, flying is much easier now, seems like with every patch we are going towards arcade mode. Hate to be negative, but thats the way I feel as well as majority in our squadron. I guess we will have to live with what we got, and wait for BOB.

joeap
10-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Are we flying the same sim? I don't feel any change in torque from 4.01!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif It most certainly is there.

danjama
10-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Torque is definately variable between planes. I find that its been toned down quite a bit in the 109's, but for Spitfires and P51s and maybe il2s as well, i fell it has increased, not alot, maybe its the same then, but tis still there. Before you had to get the 109 to that ultimate speed to get it level flying on its own(pre trimmed tabs) but now it seems much easier to get level, which is not good IMO. But i am warming to the patch slowly, especially with my new found stick settings, thanks to a little session with kuna, thanks buddy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif