PDA

View Full Version : OT: I sent a Q to InterVideo... AND I got a reply Sortof

MaxMhz
03-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Well I finaly had enough of their mess...

This time their background program interfered with the Ctrl-F1 key combo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Maybe you guys had problems with their software too?
Anyway - here's what I send them (it even worked - well it said it worked...):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
1st I like (some) of your software. Using WinDVD Creator2 now (because WinProducer stopped working serial cfbeu****a3zt95) both came with hardware I bought (nVidea vid card and BenQ DVDRW. I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING from you though because of all the insane problems they give me.

The DVD player starts my game :O ?
The background program in the taskbar interferes with Ctrl-F1 key, WinProducer stopped working when I install WinDVDCreator2 and your website gives one error after the other (using firefox 1.0 on WinXP Pro here).

Question: Why did WinProducer stop working?

Now I only hope this message system of yours works geez! and I get an answer - whatamess
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mortoma
03-09-2005, 09:28 AM
You mean you run background programs when you play games?? I kill everything I can, including stuff that does not appear in the Task Manager!! I even wipe a lot of DLL data from my memory too when I play games. I'd take that thing out my startup programs if I were you. Or, you can also have two different install of Windows ( I have 5, 3 installs of Win98 and two of XP home ) on totally different hard drives. One used for games in which everything is killed ( including internet capability ) and another for other software and for cruising the net. In this case you can downloadpatches with one drive and burn them to a CDRW or DVD-/+RW so you can patch the games on the other HD.

MaxMhz
03-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I completely deleted the bugger. I never use it anyway, but it took some time to find what was causing the Ctrl-F1 not to work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

- And I realy want to know why their WinProducer doesn't work anymore - I use WinDVDCreator2 to record TV programs directly to CD/DVD-RW but Creator doesn't have VCD or SVCD format which WinProducer has... Producer also has some more effects / filters and formats.

Anyway I don't get it why their stuff doesn't work (not even with their own products) and is buggy as hell like their website (or maybe I'm doing something wrong).

I did get a reply email so they know I'm here (I hope) lol

MaxMhz
03-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Well I got a reply lol - yeah sortof...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Dear :
If you would like to reply to this email please use the support request box below and click submit . Do not use the "reply method" directly to this email because we are unable to receive email replies to this address. <span class="ev_code_RED">I bet they can't read either</span>
Question/Problem: 1st I like (some) of your software. Using WinDVD Creator2 now (because WinProducer stopped working serial cfbe**essa3zt95) both came with hardware I bought (nVidea vid card and BenQ DVDRW. I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING from you though because of all the insane problems they give me. The DVD player starts my game :O ? The background program in the taskbar interferes with Ctrl-F1 key, WinProducer stopped working when I install WinDVDCreator2 and your website gives one error after the other (using firefox 1.0 on WinXP Pro here). Question: Why did WinProducer stop working? Now I only hope this message system of yours works geez! and I get an answer - whatamess

-------------------------------------------
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Their answer:</span>
WinProducer has been discontinued and is no longer supported by Intervideo. Disabling the Intervideo WinCinema Manager will restore the CTRL+F1 hotkey. To disable the Intervideo WinCinema Manager from automatically starting, go to Start, All Programs, Startup. Right click on "Intervideo WinCinema Manager" and select delete. Next, right click on the Intervideo WinCinema Manager icon in the Windows taskbar and select Exit. Regards, Technical Support InterVideo, Inc. Note, Intervideo web/retail technical support does not support bundled (OEM) versions of the software, you must contact the company who bundled the copy of the software for additional support options, if any are available.

Case #:50621
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I did that already... And it's no help thank you NOT realy...

It baffles me that a company this big cannot give support - cannot make decent programs that WORK and keep working - cannot make even a simple WEBSITE that works...

What irritates me the most is that when I sent in the reply (yeah you guessed they messed with JavaScript again!) MY SYSTEM CRASHED !!!

These guys are REALY not of this world !

This is one company that should go belly-up IMHO

That's the first time a complete stranger calls me "dear" too - I hope it was a she - or else... http://members.home.nl/maxmhz/haxr.gif

No wonder I get their software for free with hardware I buy.

To all Hardware sellers: Get some other bugfree program to pack with your stuff... otherwise it might reflect on you!

So guys and gals - BE WARNED...