PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Ricochets as an option

Choctaw111
12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
ivankuturkokoff Posted Fri December 23 2005 13:18
Ricchochets (off the ground and water) were modelled in a Ver4.00 Beta and looked wonderful however I think they were removed to help with frame rates.

Is this really true about the V4.00 Beta? If so why wasn't the option kept in for those who have computers that can handle it? There are lots of options in Il2 that many computers can not handle but they are still options nontheless and you can turn them on or off as you wish. I would just like to have this particular option added.

One other thing. If you hit the Il2 AC and those white streaks are bullet ricochets then why do you see the exact same kind of white streaks coming from it when it crashes? I was not shooting at it then so where were the white streaks coming from.

Choctaw111
12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
ivankuturkokoff Posted Fri December 23 2005 13:18
Ricchochets (off the ground and water) were modelled in a Ver4.00 Beta and looked wonderful however I think they were removed to help with frame rates.

Is this really true about the V4.00 Beta? If so why wasn't the option kept in for those who have computers that can handle it? There are lots of options in Il2 that many computers can not handle but they are still options nontheless and you can turn them on or off as you wish. I would just like to have this particular option added.

One other thing. If you hit the Il2 AC and those white streaks are bullet ricochets then why do you see the exact same kind of white streaks coming from it when it crashes? I was not shooting at it then so where were the white streaks coming from.

zaelu
12-27-2005, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
One other thing. If you hit the Il2 AC and those white streaks are bullet ricochets then why do you see the exact same kind of white streaks coming from it when it crashes? I was not shooting at it then so where were the white streaks coming from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think those ricochets are not something particulary linked to the bulets that fail to do damage but radher to the plane that hits something and don't take damage. So is like some sort of emiter... when the plane (the IL-2) is crashing it takes hits but without damage in some parts... hence the emiters apears and we see those richoches.
... I think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif