PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood won. I failed. **POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS**

obliviondoll
11-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Everyone remember how before the game came out I was planning to go through the whole story mode without sleeping, like I did with the previous games?

Here's the breakdown of what happened.

Short answer: I failed.

Long Answer:

Total time between purchase and sleep:
36 hours. (within 5 minutes of exact)

Total time spent NOT playing during that time:
Less than 3 hours.

Maximum time spent away from console without returning:
Less than 10 minutes.

Most common action when not holding the controller:
Stroking Codex box or gazing lovingly at its contents while waiting for a loading screen/watching a cutscene.

Memories completed:
Sequence 8, all towers, all assassins recruited, one recruit at level 3, rest are 6 or higher, highest is 9, 2 supressed memories synched, 2 secret locations completed, 2 landmarks owned, minimum of 12 (or all if less than 12) of each vendor purchased, 9 feathers (and know where the 10th is), 33 flags, all war machines (Tank at 50%, rest at 100%), Rank 10 in all guild challenges but Assassins, for which I'm level 5, total synch at exactly 50%.

Why did I quit?
Eyes were giving out when I had to leave the console to get dinner. Hadn't finished eating when I realised I wouldn't be able to return to the game.

Much as it would have been nice to make it through like I did with the previous 2 games, this time around, I just have too much extra incentive to be a completionist about things.

DarkicoN14
11-20-2010, 10:43 AM
really? it only took me 10ish hours to do the story from 3pm-1am

obliviondoll
11-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
really? it only took me 10ish hours to do the story from 3pm-1am
What can I say? I love running around "accidentally" killing guards and getting into fights.

I'm not rushing through to see the end, I'm taking my time and having fun with all the extras.

Previous games, including breaks, took me close to 40 hours to get through, and other than collectibles, I had everything 100%.

This time around, that's WAY harder to manage, so I doubt I will. But it's awesome.

Black_Widow9
11-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Nice try! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

obliviondoll
11-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
Actually, I did look a bit like that by the end of it.

TheEpicWolf
11-20-2010, 01:45 PM
With AC and AC2 i would have finished or got to the 2nd last sequence the day i bought it. But with i find myself running about doing completely random stuff. I spent over 3 hours just running all over the town as Desmond xD