PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations SP Character- Feedback *Spoilers

Black_Widow9
11-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Hello Assassin's,
Please provide Feedback to the Developers for the following Question only.
There are separate Topics to provide other Feedback so please keep this specific to the Question. If you choose to abuse this Topic further action will be taken.

We need your Feedback before December 13th so please make sure your voice is heard!
Thanks, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
AC Team

Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Who was your favourite character in AC Revelations Single Player?[/list]

tjbyrum1
11-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Favorite character was Yusuf Tazim.

I liked his outgoing personality, his appearance, and everything. I just feel like I didn't get to see enough of him in the game. However I did enjoy his character.

But it made me sad/ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Overall though, the new cast of fresh characters made an awesome addition tot he game.

juancapuron
11-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Yusuf, because at the beggining he helped you with evrything but I felt very sad when (for sppoiler sake) happened to him that thing

Vex_Assassin
11-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Besides Ezio, Yusuf Tazim without a doubt.

[SPOILER IN WHITE]
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Made me sad when Ezio founds him dead after returning from Cappadoccia</span>

naran6142
11-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Aside from ezio u mean? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

definitively yusuf, he really stood out as a cool character

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah. Yusuf was the man! This one was kind of short of the character department though. Also, I had to search if Suleiman was homosexual after his handsome comment and it turns out there was a bit of that in some of the history.

Nice touch as always. I love it.

kriegerdesgottes
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
I found myself wondering after a while where Yusuf was. I thought he was a cool character and I liked it when he was in the story. I hated how it ended for him, it actually made me sad which I guess was the point.

Krayus Korianis
11-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Besides Ezio, Yusuf. Because lets face it, Yusuf was awesomely epic.

PinkSkittles284
11-23-2011, 09:33 PM
like everyone else, I liked Yusuf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fossa1991
11-23-2011, 11:04 PM
I loved piri reis and Yusuf Tazim they were Awesome!!

LordWolv
11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I would pick Altair, but I'm assuming that doesn't count... Sofia Sartor. Couldn't help loving her personality, and of course the little romance between her and Ezio. I did like Yusuf, but.. well, I can't really say for spoiler reasons.

AdmiralPerry
11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Well, Ezio is an obvious one. Agreeing with everyone else that Yusuf was definitely a favorite as well. What a lovable troll. I liked Sofia as well--her missions were a nice change of pace from the usual sneaking and stabbing. And the way she handled Duccio... Just wish we could've spent more time with her.

eagleforlife1
11-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Ezio. My favourite NPC was Piri Reis - simply because I love interacting with historical characters. But I liked Piri especially because I had never heard of him before and yet his life is so interesting and his world map is a mystery even now. I liked Sofia but I'm not choosing her because I have just broken up with my Greek girlfriend whose name is also Sofia http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

SolidSage
11-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Desmond - I wasn't a fan before but he seems to be evolving in an intresting direction, AND, it's his story (so far), HE is still alive.

Using his skin after completion of the story is better now. I don't know why, better design and graphics? He's also wearing the least cumbersome gear for free running.

ljn14
11-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Favorite Character in revelations? extremely hard to say! Yusuf was cool and funny, but Sofia was charming and very interesting, Ezio was wise and strong but overall I would have to say my favorite character is Sofia! *SIDENOTE* I think desmond and subject 16 felt a little empty, especially with the whole lucy thing going on...

Cpt_Yanni
11-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Well personally I liked (besides Ezio) Sofia the most. It's a shame we didn't see more of the romance between Ezio and her. But I really loved her as character.

Lucy was also one of my favorites, but yeah ░░░░SPOILER░░░░ <span class="ev_code_WHITE">it's a shame that she's dead. Really loved to see something more between her and Desmond...</span>

hypervillain
11-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Yusuf Tazim, hands down.

Assassin_M
11-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Yusuf Tazim.. "SPOILERS" <span class="ev_code_WHITE">rest in peace, brother.</span>

blazefp
11-24-2011, 06:47 AM
1st - Altair
2nd - Yusuf
3rd - Ezio
4th - Sofia Sartor

You made a very good work on everybody else too

ProdiGurl
11-24-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm only in Sequence 6 so far,
but so far, Ezio of course.

Yusuf. He's easy to bond with and like.

I'd say Sophia too - but not as much bcuz she really didn't pursue Ezio enough

rob.davies2014
11-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Yusuf. He's just so fun. Made me chuckle so many times! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Will_Lucky
11-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Other than Ezio, Yusef easily.

bestoftheturks
11-24-2011, 09:06 AM
SPOILERS AHEAD

Yusuf Tazim. Definitely. (Ezio too, of course.)

I was really really really sad we see so little of him, compared to what I was expecting, but even the little we see was enough for me to love him, absolutely.

I wish he had had a bigger presence like Leonardo did. And though his death was completely unexpected and tragic, I feel like if we had seen more of him, if he had interacted more with Ezio and done more with him, it would have been much greater-- Just as if Ezio had actually reacted a bit more emotionally to his death.

I feel like it was all a bit rushed, and that makes me sad.

Please give us more of Yusuf in DLC, Ubisoft. He has so much potential and is such a good character, with his good heart, loyalty and friendly bickering with Ezio...!

S-EVANS
11-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Altair - always will be...

cless711
11-24-2011, 11:12 AM
1. Ezio
2. Altair
3. Yusuf
4. Sofia

All were great characters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and i hope we can see more great characters in AC3

NuclearFuss
11-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I loved Yusuf, but 16 really stole it for me. I liked the crazy moments, like scaring the hell out of Desmond one second and helping him all friendly-like the next.

lukaszep
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Yusuf, because he was the most developed character (other than Ezio and Altair).

I loved S16 but didn't see enough of him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

tjbyrum1
11-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I loved Yusuf, but 16 really stole it for me. I liked the crazy moments, like scaring the hell out of Desmond one second and helping him all friendly-like the next.

Are you kidding me? I hated S16. His behavior and overall character was awful to me.

BK-110
11-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Ezio and Alta´r take the first place. Second would be Yusuf and Sofia and third would probably be Suleiman. I liked Clay/Subject 16 as well, although I would have liked to see more of him.

EmperorxZurg
11-24-2011, 08:02 PM
possible spoilers
Alta´r, and in inclusion, Ezio. The game fulfilled it's purpose grandly. It was "The Death of an Era." The conclusion of these character's stories was done so ingeniously, that I still gawk at it. I loved the progression of Alta´r's life, and his dedication to the Creed. He has truly earned his peace for his dedication to the pursuit of knowledge. And then to have come through all of Ezio's life: we were there when he was born, grew with him as a man into a sage, elder assassin who has truly learned that, "nothing is true; everything is permitted." But not as a doctrine, as most of the initiates would think, merely to spite society. Through his life, Ezio has learned its fundamental truth is to help society and that while although there is great evil within us, a reservoir of great good also resides within every man, woman, and child. Then, when these two grandiose characters meet, the message of this game is revealed through them. To speak across centuries, Alta´r has relayed his thesis, and enlightened the now living Ezio, who shall act as a conduit to desmond; telling his story across centuries. The way these characters were flushed out, we felt almost attached to them. Being right next to them throughout their entire lives, we feel almost attached to them. Their stoic dedication to the Creed and their loyalty to love of diversity in culture for the pursuit of knowledge cant urn many a man's thoughts as he enjoys this game. And for that, I applaud Corey May. Well done on connecting us to these truly epic characters that have heralded change among centuries.

(Sorry that it also synthesized a synopsis of my general feel of the game XD But I feel that I loved these characters more because they showed us, through their actions, the true core and ideology that this game contains)

NewBlade200
11-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Yusuf. He could smile, laugh, show concern, and he had a warm personality. He also looked like he fit into the setting, with his beige-brown clothes and light armor that made him look fast and deadly. He also got proper closure. Sad closure, but closure nonetheless. It also motivated Ezio to rally the assassins to do what must be done.

I must say though, I like what was done with Ezio. He seemed more vulnerable, and I could relate to him more than I could in ACB.

rileypoole1234
11-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Ezio, Yusuf, Sofia, and then Altair, in that order. Maybe Sofia and Altair are tied actually. I was very sad when *SPOILER* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Yusuf died.</span> I felt like Ezio lost his only family when that happened. I wish we saw more of him. Maybe that's why I like him so much. We don't really see him or get to know him, but when he's gone, it's terrifically saddening.

AU7thGear
11-25-2011, 01:40 AM
I think the general consensus is Yusuf. I would have to agree. Extremely likable character. The only thing I didn't like about the cast in this one was actually Altair. Now I like Altair but I felt his scenes were rushed and weren't as deep as they should have been. But nonetheless i'm glad he was included http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tjbyrum1
11-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought it was funny <span class="ev_code_WHITE">"Inspect the body" when it was obviously clearly Yusuf's body. I'd like to know who killed him though, maybe it was just a random soldier, but I think it may have been Suleiman's Uncle (his name eludes me for the moment). I assume he got stabbed, and then killed whoever else was around him and sit on the bench to die. I don't know... his death just looked like an awkward position and circumstance.</span>

But yeah, Yusuf was clearly likeable.

Nightmare8767
11-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Well, Alta´r, because one discovers more of his lif, and, after the events of AC1 and reading the Codex, one sees he's more human than most people.

Having said that, Yusuf is a great character: he trolls a little, is serious when needed, and has a nice personality overall.

zerocooll21
11-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Toss up between Altiar and S16.

S16, I'm very annoyed how he was handled. Could have done so much more with him and it was all wasted.

Altiar, that last scene with him was so epic. Word can not describe the emotions felt watching that, thank you so very much!

crash3
11-25-2011, 11:41 AM
The vast majority of characters were brilliant, its just a shame the game wasnt very long so we didnt get to see enough of each character, especially Yusuf and Suleiman in my opinion.

I dont think however we got to see enough of the templars, I think if we had seen more of them, we would see more than just bad guys, there doesnt seem to be enough emphasis on their new world order, they just appear to be bad guys.

One thing I think the Game really lacked was the Character videos from AC2 that Shaun Hastings narrated. He gave the back story of each templar and how they were involved with the templars which gave proper justification as to why each templar had to die

Serrachio
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I liked Yusuf, Suleiman, Piri Reis and Sofia, but what I felt was that these characters did not get enough time for us to really warm up to them.

I felt that Ezio and Sofia's relationship was forced, because of her appearance in so few memories. The only real romantic air that happened between the two, I believe, was the Sofia memory where she made him get her the white tulips.

To be quite fair, I honestly thought they had a spark when they met for the second time (saying "Salve." on a ship to a woman who then ignores you for her packages isn't really that encouraging) but the whole "Find the Seal Locations for me." over her missions came across as a little demanding in my opinion.

Also, while there was letters that Ezio wrote, he still didn't feel as captivated by her, though I suppose that can be forgiven slightly by Christina and Caterina's passing.

Last of all regarding Sofia, Ezio mentioned that the two of them would go travelling at the end, but we never really got some idea of what they did together. Couple this in with not so much affection between the two in Embers besides one point, it didn't give me the lasting impression that they loved each other to what they should have done.

For Yusuf, Piri Reis and Suleiman, while they were charming personalities, they didn't get enough time. Yusuf and Suleiman had responsibilities, that much is apparant, with one being an Assassin Leader and the other a Prince, but it would have been nice if we had Assassination Contracts by Suleiman and some more memories regarding Yusuf and the Faction Leaders.

Piri Reis even more so. All we see of him is his introduction, the starts of his bomb missions, and when he sails you to Cappadocia. He had the potential for a more expanded character, but it sadly wasn't delivered.

I honestly thought that the story was too rushed by its development time to do Revelations any justice.

NomadicUncle7
11-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I think Yusuf. I felt like he gave ACR alot of flavor to it. Without Yusuf the game would have felt mechanical or something. Idk. Next would be Sofia for being cool and lovely.

Jediknightben
11-26-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm not trying to offend you guys, but I was a little bored with Ezio being the only character we previously knew.
It seems weird without Leonardo.
I guess Sophia was my favourite.

hfitton
11-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I also really liked Yusuf, but was it lovely to see the interactions between Ezio and Sofia, I really enjoyed those, I think the poor man deserves a happy ending!

It was great to see Altair again, and see it brought to a conclusion. Wasn't mad keen on Suleiman (sp) to be honest, a little wishy-washy, but a sweet enough boy. I guess.

All in all, I'm going to be a girl (well I am) and say I liked Sofia best.

Insomnican
11-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Well, in terms of the new characters, i would like to say Yusuf because of his attitude and so and so, however for some reason i like Suleiman's character better.

Sofia was kind of left out to me, i guess, i didn't really like her character, probably because of the amount of interaction with her.

notafanboy
11-26-2011, 04:03 PM
i really liked yusuf and sofia, mostly Yusuf because he wasn┤t like "oh master, guide us" like the other assassins

reinsz
11-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Yusif definitively. Liked him since his first appearance. A good choice in character actually, without Yusif I'd think the story would have been too dark.

HarrysPate
11-27-2011, 11:53 AM
While playing the game...Sofia and Ezio. Her love for books (and her book store *_*) was just very sweet and loving http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

At the end of the game and after finishing it, definitely Altair.

He was great to play again and it was nice to see him age.

but <span class="ev_code_WHITE">what really moved me was his passing and Ezios "Requiescat in pace, amico mio." Best scene in all the games for me.</span>

Skuldpt
11-27-2011, 04:11 PM
When I saw Yusuf the first time in the game I fell in love for him, personality, friend, loyal, handsome not a "oh master guide us" like NOTAFANBOY said. I also loved to see Sofia, especially because she looks like a character I drew myself.

But definitively Yusuf Tazim <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Requiscat in Pace my Brother</span>

CobbsCrkShaman
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Tazim was a great character who didn't get enough attention. I would have loved some back story on him and his guild. How things came about flashback missions with him would have been nice and would have added some extra beef to the overall game. A young Suleiman was pretty good as well.

CobbsCrkShaman
11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Yusef as well. His origin into the Assassins too.

ljn14
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
The character during the missions and cutscenes are GREAT. The problem is that outside the missions and cutscenes the game feels rather empty and dead. Especially Ezio with his empty facial expressions and animations that remain static. What would improve that? For future games there should be a completely revamped animation system AND more voices outside missions and cutscenes that would make the game feel more alive and less boring. and Why doesn't desmond say anything at all while he's looking at ezio's memories? It would be AWESOME to hear what he thinks about things that happen while we're playing the game! Same thing with Ezio(or whatever assassin we will be playing as in AC3) the character you're controlling should always be dynamic and changing, commenting on little things just to make the game less boring. Remember the desmond/lucy sequence in monteriggioni? That part was AWESOME and the best part of AC:B I would really love more things like that in AC3!

luckyto
11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Character development was extremely solid this time around, best or second best in the series. I really like Yusuf, Prince Suleiman, and Sophia --- three characters I enjoyed. It was extremely nice to have a stronger female character. And of course, I was absolutely stoked about the Altair bits.

Villains... I would have like just a teeny bit more development from Manuel and Prince Ahmet. In fact, in each of their end sequences; I felt like there should have been one more mission. Maybe add a short "eavesdropping" mission in the earlier sequences that was more about character develpment. Or showed their true villainy. I would have like to really hate them at the end. But both of them were done better than Brotherhoods' Borgia, so kudos in that regard.

On the whole, I think the teams' did a good job here.

SteelCity999
11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Yusuf, outside of Ezio, was definitely the best developed with the least amount of effort.

shop49FAF31A2
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Ezio is the obvious choice, but I really liked Sofia. It was nice to see Ezio fall for a real woman as opposed to a cheap fling with some random bimbo. She was intelligent and adventurous, a perfect match for our Grand Master Assassin.

WegaZAC
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Yusuf Tazim! He was the most brilliant man in the game. So full of life, and with a bit of sense of humour. He looked fantastic. Fresh like a skylark.

Fisher9001
11-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Prince Ahmet. At last Templar who really believed in his mission of bringing true peace to world. I wish that Ubi will introduce more Templars in AC III who are really Templars, not just band of hounds with hunger of power as in AC II.

Strenght of AC universum lies in this grey colors of world, where nobody is absolutly good or bad. Making villians from Templars and heroes from Assassin's will destroy whole atmosphere :/

PS Tarik was good too!

THe__NoMaD
11-29-2011, 12:16 PM
All the characters were solid. I really liked older Altair. He seemed so weary of it all but still stuck to the tasks set out infront of him. I liked how the other Assassins showed him respect when we retook Masyaf. You felt like you were controlling a legend.

rocketxsurgeon
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
I thought Sofia was a good companion for Ezio in revelations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Though, like everyone else i also quite liked Yusuf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joaomuas
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Definitely Alta´r, Desmond and Yusuf.

ElDoucherino
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Everybody seems to be in agrement that Yusuf and Sophia was the best additions in this game. I like d them too but I would like to take a moment in giving some of the bad guys some more light:

That masked man, Shukulu i believe it is, i found very drawn to. Don't know exectly why but he felt more like a last boss then a henchmen. I would've liked to see some more about him and hopefully see a spitting image of him in future AC game but with more air time.

Voltige2011
11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Shanki_86:
Everybody seems to be in agrement that Yusuf and Sophia was the best additions in this game. I like d them too but I would like to take a moment in giving some of the bad guys some more light:

That masked man, Shukulu i believe it is, i found very drawn to. Don't know exectly why but he felt more like a last boss then a henchmen. I would've liked to see some more about him and hopefully see a spitting image of him in future AC game but with more air time.
So my favorite good guy was Yusuf, he had the setup to be such a good leader after Ezio left...
Favorite Templar is Shakulu, of the few people Ezio personally decided to kill Shakulu seems like he had the most reason. I barely remembered the other guys when it was time to kill them.

SleezeRocker
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
I really liked Yusuf Tazim! He was awesome, dynamic and funny! Aside, ezio and Leonardo, you don't see many charcaters with humor!

Sofia was alright but she was more candy to my eyes lol

so yeah Yusuf was awesome!
May Ubisoft create another dynamic charcater in AC3 like Yusuf (and Leonardo) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

cmdr177Vimes
11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Really? there were other characters in ACR?
Oh yeah the girl who helps you for 5 minutes and that dude who takes the p out of you cause you dont have a hook blade, who were they again?

EzioAssassin51
12-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by cmdr177Vimes:
Really? there were other characters in ACR?
Oh yeah the girl who helps you for 5 minutes and that dude who takes the p out of you cause you dont have a hook blade, who were they again?

Lol if you feel like that then you probably only played the start of the game or haven't played it at all, but i guess that's your own opinion...

deej61
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
the guy that killed the templar at the end (sorry about the lack of names)

Ansatsushas
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Yusuf was my favorite, wasn't too thrilled about how it panned out for him

Zrvan
12-02-2011, 06:58 PM
The spy in the Underworld city. She is very clearly the hero of a different story, unlike most of the other characters, who seem to be there for Ezio to interact with.

RichardHaro
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Who was your favourite character in AC Revelations Single Player?
Yusuf, but the game was so short I feel like I was only starting to feel properly bonded with him before the end came.

Also, Altair. You made me care more about Altair in short memory sequences in ACR than I did in the entire of AC1.

Razrback16
12-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Who was your favourite character in AC Revelations Single Player?[/LIST]

Sofia probably added the most to the game, so I'd say her. Yussuf was cool though. I wish Leonardo and/or Lucrezia had made a cameo.

benbabins
12-03-2011, 03:49 AM
I loved Ezio, obviously, and like everyone has said Yusaf.

But i really liked Suleiman. He was really interesting. And would have liked to see more of him.

yly3
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I enjoyed Suleiman THE most. You could really tell he had a magnificent mind and was thoughtful (even though he made a terrible mistake lol) and always seemed interesting. In fact, I loved him more than Ezio right from the first second when they were both on the boat.

notafanboy
12-03-2011, 03:16 PM
how could i forget piri reis ?!?,anyway, i really liked his humour and sarcasm, i even re-played some of the bomb missions just to hear his witty comments http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SweetsMachineGun
12-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Yusuf Tazim, hands down. I was also partial to Subject 16.

Like others, I feel that character development suffered a little bit because of the development time. Yusuf was lovable right from the get-go, though.

crash3
12-04-2011, 05:08 AM
I think all the characters who werent templars were done very well, you could clearly distinguish between different personalities, but I think the Templars could have been done better, I think we need to see more of the templars before we kill them, the Templars still simply feel like Bad guys, I think the templars were best in AC1 and AC2 as you got plenty of information on each target before you killed them.

I think those videos narrated by Shaun Hastings in AC2 on the templars' different backgrounds and involvements in the order were brilliant as they sort of gave justification as to why they should be assassinated

AkwardPenguin
12-04-2011, 09:07 AM
1. Ezio (even though he is way too old)
2. Altair when he wasnt that old
3. yusuf he is young and cool

JohnScorpion27
12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Besides Ezio, Alta´r and Desmond, I think Yusuf was an awesome character

ghostferret
12-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Ezio. His character development and finale were very well-done, not an easy thing given our high expectations.

After that, Sofia. A strong female character without being a cliche. What a relief.

MrKikass123
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Sofia, as love interests always spice up a game
but Yusuf as a close second, i wish i could've seen more of him in action

Ferrith
12-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Altair, Ezio, Suleiman, Yusuf. In that order.
As I see it, AC:R was more about concluding and finishing Altair's story than anything else.
However, the characters were not carefully written and developed this time - there were many instances I felt there was more under the surface.

Nate 4356
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
i beat the game and ubisoft i have to hand it to you again you seem to have made me fall in love with the AC series all over again and honestly Ezio, Altiar, and Yusuf are my favorites but i did enjoy the little romance between Ezio and Sofia nice change of pace (by the way i love the score to this game you could not have done better and the script was amazing over very good game, props ubi) and now that revelations is done take you time with the next one

randomxf109
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Tough choice... probably Yusuf. One kool kat.

Orryn75
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Ezio and Sofia

Il_Divo
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
After Ezio, a tie between Yusuf and Prince Suleiman.

Yusuf was fantastic, with his positive care-free personality. Watching him tease Ezio about being Italian/old was just the icing on the cake.

And watching Ezio converse with Suleiman was absolutely fantastic. I had absolutely no idea until Revelations who this guy was, but I could just tell he was meant to be awesome, and without even killing anybody. He's focused, intelligent, and witty. Great protagonist all around.

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Il_Divo:

Yusuf was fantastic, with his positive care-free personality. Watching him tease Ezio about being Italian/old was just the icing on the cake.

I was Loving Yusuf's teasing w/ Ezio - one of my favorite parts was in the beginning where he's teaching Ezio how to put bombs together @ the crafting table - & Yusuf warns him 'one wrong move and bang, the whole building comes down' & Ezio says "are you serious?" & Yusuf laughs & I think he even pats his shoulder & says something like he was just teasing -
but Ezio was NOT amused at all. lol

I like the little stuff like that & really appreciate it in a story.

PluralAces
12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I liked Prince Suleiman, he seemed to be a pure character without any hidden agendas or a big ego..he really wanted what was best for his country...

Il_Divo
12-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Il_Divo:

I was Loving Yusuf's teasing w/ Ezio - one of my favorite parts was in the beginning where he's teaching Ezio how to put bombs together @ the crafting table - & Yusuf warns him 'one wrong move and bang, the whole building comes down' & Ezio says "are you serious?" & Yusuf laughs & I think he even pats his shoulder & says something like he was just teasing -
but Ezio was NOT amused at all. lol

I like the little stuff like that & really appreciate it in a story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, yeah that was pretty hilarious.

My personal favorite was the whole "introduction". "Ezio Auditore da, da, da, what is that Italian gibberish?" Yusuf really just hit all the right notes for me as a character.

DSchneiderIII
12-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Hello Assassin's,
Please provide Feedback to the Developers for the following Question only.
There are separate Topics to provide other Feedback so please keep this specific to the Question. If you choose to abuse this Topic further action will be taken.

We need your Feedback before December 13th so please make sure your voice is heard!
Thanks, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
AC Team

Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Who was your favourite character in AC Revelations Single Player?[/list]

I was very pleased to see the man of mystery, SUBJECT 16. He was a key character throughout the Assassin's Creed story, and to have Desmond finally meet him was very...amazing.
However, (!){SPOILER WARNING} (!) {Within white text}
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">By cutting his character short the entire mystery behind him was ruined. We had a massive build-up just to have him taken away from a computer program!? I seriously hope he found his way into Desmond's psyche.</span>
Again, subject 16. Desmond would be my runner up along with the other "real time individuals." It's time to finish Desmond's story.

crash3
12-11-2011, 09:00 AM
I thought Abbas was pretty good as a character, it was good to see more characters in depth other than altair and al mualim in the syrian assassins order

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
I thought Abbas was pretty good as a character, it was good to see more characters in depth other than altair and al mualim in the syrian assassins order

They did a good job with him, I actually hated him & was angry I couldn't take him out after the Maria incident.

SixKeys
12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I haven't finished the game yet, so I'm avoiding earlier replies in this thread.

Even though I haven't finished yet, I have to say I'm finding the story and character development in this game the weakest in all the AC games so far (not counting the handheld ones). Yusuf is all right, but we see very little of him. He's certainly no match for a sidekick as memorable as Leonardo da Vinci, uncle Mario or Bartolomeo.

Sofia Sartor is the most boring woman Ezio has ever met. Instead of showing us how their relationship evolves through character development, we get exposition from Ezio in his letters to Claudia. Remember the old advice: "show, don't tell". Ezio talks about how much he likes watching Sofia's face light up when she gets excited about something, instead of actually showing us how she acts when she is excited and showing Ezio's reaction to this. I also find her unbelievable as a character. When Ezio, a stranger she met on a ship once, unexpectedly strolls into her bookstore and points out a secret underground passage, her reaction isn't a mixture of horror and awe, but a mild: "Gosh, who put that there?" She seems intrigued by Ezio but doesn't question enough about the way he always seems to mysteriously solve seemingly impossible situations. She doesn't seem surprised by anything, there's nothing memorable about her and that makes her a weak character in my eyes.

When Revelations was announced, we were promised that the assassin recruits would have more personality and unique backgrounds this time around. However, they all still seem interchangeable to me, none of them have a real personality. The only master assassin missions I've kinda liked so far was the one where one of your assassin randomly asks you to race with him before happening to stumble upon your target. That was a nice moment that shows Ezio has some connection to his recruits even outside of missions. He can chat with them and even race with them just for kicks. The other one I liked was where your recruit was too hasty and killed the wrong target and Ezio lectured him about it. That showed some personality on part of the recruit and showed Ezio as the mentor he is supposed to be to his younger students. Apart from those, most of the recruits are pretty bland and missions with them are simply "Mentor, help me kill this person", go from point A to point B and you're done. There's not even a chance to lose the recruits you've bonded with since they can only be wounded in battle, not killed (at least that's been my experience). At least in Brotherhood there was a sense of disappointment when you'd spent a lot of time leveling up your recruit, only to have them killed in battle and you got to say last rites to them.

The characters in Alta´r's missions are hardly even worth mentioning. I'm sure Abbas' backstory is told in the book by Oliver Bowden, but I'm of the opinion that the books are there to provide extra background information, they shouldn't be essential reading to understand the story in the game. Not knowing anything about the plot of the book, Abbas in the game came off as a bland, boring villain. I wish we would have seen more of Alta´r, Maria and Darim and their family dynamic. Maria had just a few minutes of screen time before getting killed, Darim only had a couple of lines. Maria was such a strong character in AC1, even with as little screen time as she had there, and even in the PSP game Bloodlines, that she felt wasted in Revelations. We didn't even get to see Malik one last time, possibly the best developed character in AC1.

Subject 16, what little I've seen of him so far, doesn't act anything like the Subject 16 from previous games. What happened to the 16 who tended to ramble incoherently while spouting conspiracy theories? Who stuttered, raged, laughed and cried while trying to hold his shattered mind together? In previous games, he seemed like a character who was never threatening, just lost and slowly falling apart. The 16 in Revelations seems almost sane in comparison. He doesn't go off on weird rambles about "Where, oh where has Jack gone?", he calmly and expertly guides Desmond about what he's supposed to do. The only hint we get of his craziness is his obsession with getting out of the Animus, but there is none of the kooky desperation and tragedy that made his character so intriguing in previous games. Here he's just some fairly normal guy with a few neat tricks up his sleeve and some slightly disturbing quips about how he wishes he could piggyback into the real world along with Desmond. Simply put, he's an entirely different character.

As I haven't finished the game yet, I can't say much else about any other characters. Suffice to say I think the characters in this game are the weakest in the main games so far.

GariStz
12-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Besides Ezio, Yusuf Tazim. From the moment I saw him in the E3 demo, to the later trailers, having said no more than 2 lines, I already liked him! He's so awesome and funny! His every line is memorable! Every scene with him is memorable! Made me cry how the things ended up with him...UbiSoft shouldn't take the path of Rockstar Games...

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I know how you feel - esp. w/ the Rockstar comment. That just killed the RDR thing for me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Yusuf is my alltime favorite AC character so far, but honestly I can see why it did happen, Ezio's legacy is ended & they won't be back there again in his era to revisit Yusuf, so . .
it also helped propel my emotions to kicking some serious rear in the last missions.
You just wanted to avenge that. So in that way, it was great character use - sad as it was.

I hope they make more characters like him in the future.

GariStz
12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Let's not turn this thread to chat, but I wasn't only talking about Red Dead, but for GTA IV and L.A. Noire as well...

Yeah, I guess its true, that made his character development even deeper, and also made me SO angry, especially in the next mission, that every "group" of guards lager than 2 people took a sword to head with me screaming at the screen that they will all gonna die...thank God I live alone...I guess overreacting for revenge is my part... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Black_Widow9
12-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Thank you all for your Feedback it will definitely be passed on. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif