PDA

View Full Version : Come on UBI, throw us a bone here ..

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 07:57 PM
The game is so cool, but really needs the BUG FIX patch sorted .. like 2 months ago already.
Take your time with aircraft and the like, but bugs need squashing a damn site faster.
A bit of info on the IL2FB main page would help, let us know what is going to be fixed and when its likely to be out.
Lack of communication isn't good customer service ... and its about time you gave us some.
Software publisher are always extolling the virtues of buying genuine software .. well, show us we spent wisely /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 07:57 PM
The game is so cool, but really needs the BUG FIX patch sorted .. like 2 months ago already.
Take your time with aircraft and the like, but bugs need squashing a damn site faster.
A bit of info on the IL2FB main page would help, let us know what is going to be fixed and when its likely to be out.
Lack of communication isn't good customer service ... and its about time you gave us some.
Software publisher are always extolling the virtues of buying genuine software .. well, show us we spent wisely /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hunter82
06-24-2003, 08:57 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zvnwh

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zvubl

Big enough bone? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Oleg is out for his 2nd surgery. The bug fix list would be provided by him to UBI only after the patch is complete.....kind of hard to list an estimate of the patch fixes in detail when not sure what will/won't be finished for release.

The add on planes are a 2nd patch and taking a back seat to the fix patch process. It will be done when it's done... can't really elaborate any further than has been already been listed.

<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">IDC
Completely disorganized,and coming to a base near you[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">Hunter wrote:
"I did not have technical relations with that question"
[/i]</FONT>
<center> Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>
<center> <a href="</a> </center>
<center> <a href="</a> </center>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:48 PM
What am I missing here you two?

I bought the game installed it and it has played great. Yes it has some issues but they are not detrimental to the game play. As good as IL-2 did for me and better. I looked over the fixes that Hunter pointed you to and they are all cosmetic, except for the network improvements. I have had no trouble with the sound engine on any of my systems. Yes, I know some are having trouble even installing the game, that has to be a local problem which UBI and Oleg can not foresee, and has to be fixed on the user end.

I still do not understand why the urgence for a cosmetic patch. If you can not play the game now, the chances of the patch fixing it is slim to none.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Thanks Hunter, Hadn't even crossed my mind to look there, I expected it would be on the main IL2 page.

Billy885, The sound engine is one issue it would be nice to fix up (and thankfuly that looks to be getting fixed), along with some minor other things.
Agreed it doesn't stop me flying, but there are niggles,AI bomber gunners and Ship AAA far too accurate,etc, etc.
This is a great Sim, a few tweaks needed and it is going to be perfect, its just they seem (to me) to have taken an age to come about.
Mostly the netcode seems good, just the new 1024 skins causing issues, but thats avoidable short term, I didn't really have any problems with that side of things, its far better than many games for lag, so an improvement is a bonus/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
I am not into complaining about flight models etc, Oleg and crew have far better info than most of us will ever have, thats something I can never understand people whining about.
The fixes laid out look to have covered most of m niggles, haven't seen anything about the overly accurate ship AAA or bomber gunners, but hopefuly that will come too.
Judging by the post by Oleg, that looks like at least another couple of weeks off yet, ands thats the thing that is frustrating .. its been a couple of weeks for around 2 months /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 02:42 AM
bartflaster1 wrote:
- The fixes laid out look to have covered most of m
- niggles, haven't seen anything about the overly
- accurate ship AAA or bomber gunners, but hopefuly
- that will come too.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought I saw somewhere that you could adjust the AI, in the game. I just looked and could not find it, so maybe I am wrong. If not maybe someone might come alone and point it out to us.

I agree with you on the flight models.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Lets see. I want info from Oleg, so i'll go and look for it on the tech forum. What am I missing here?

Not being a wise guy. Just trying to understand your thinking. Do you lose your keys alot../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif (now i'm being a wise guy../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif )

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/hartm1-2.jpg