PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR TIPS

Asas_Portuga1
01-26-2008, 10:15 AM
hi all,

I dond´t have any of the previous software launched by NaturalPoint, so my QZ is, can i install if TIR 4 Pro on his one? I mean, does this is an upadet version, so don´t i need, for ex, the TIR 3 (just saying 3 cuase i realy don´t understand the TIR evolution).

And, another thing, is TIR really good or the the freetrack version that i saw in the web, do the trick ???

tanks

ASAS

Asas_Portuga1
01-26-2008, 10:15 AM
hi all,

I dond´t have any of the previous software launched by NaturalPoint, so my QZ is, can i install if TIR 4 Pro on his one? I mean, does this is an upadet version, so don´t i need, for ex, the TIR 3 (just saying 3 cuase i realy don´t understand the TIR evolution).

And, another thing, is TIR really good or the the freetrack version that i saw in the web, do the trick ???

tanks

ASAS

AFJ_rsm
01-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Sorry I'm not too sure I understand your post correctly so I'm going to respond to the 2 interpretations that come to me first:

1. Are you trying to install the TIR software without the TIR unit? That just won't work.

2. If you have the TrackIR PRO 4 unit: each TIR numeration doesn't refer to the software version but to the hardware version. The TIR 4 is a whole different unit than the TIR3, and so on. In that case you don't need to own a TIR3 to install your TIR4. Just download the software from the site, plug your unit in, install and go.

And to answer your final question, which I did understand, yes, TIR is THAT good. If you have the money and are willing to invest it, then be sure you won't regret it.

Asas_Portuga1
01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
hi AFJ,

u'r rigth. my post wasn't very clear.
I don´t have the TIR, but i thinking to get one, and when i saw the NPOINT, site and EBAY, one of the requerimnets of TIR A PRO, was having TrackIR 3 Series hardware, so i did get i bit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif.
U say , i only need, TIR 4 and them dl from NPOINT the software needed..ok

And, i don´t know if this is a dam q. but, IL 2 FB+AEP+PF suports TIR 4 PRO ?

cheers

ASAS

AFJ_rsm
01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
yes, but not fully

Il2 FB PF AEP support 2 degrees of freedom, so you can look up/down and left/right with the trackir, but you can't take advantage of the other degrees of freedom that TIR4 provides, such as rolling, moving in and out closer from the screen, raising or lowering the viewpoint, or shifting it left and right

Microsoft Flight Sim X does, for example, and it's awesome.

TIR is still very much worth it for Il2, and it improves your situational awareness a lot and helps in close dogfighting.