PDA

View Full Version : Z-range TrackIR zoom is possible in PF

marcocomparato
03-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Checking out the latest LockON 1.1 and they were thoughtful enough to enable the Z-Axis in their TrackIR for vector enhanced.

This works within the same restriction that the IL2 engine does in term of texture-angles. just smoothly zooms in and out. (without the X side2side, Y updown, or rotation. just the zoom axis)

Its awesome. since BoB isnt for awhile, please consider the inclusion of this update to TrackIR.

marcocomparato
03-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Checking out the latest LockON 1.1 and they were thoughtful enough to enable the Z-Axis in their TrackIR for vector enhanced.

This works within the same restriction that the IL2 engine does in term of texture-angles. just smoothly zooms in and out. (without the X side2side, Y updown, or rotation. just the zoom axis)

Its awesome. since BoB isnt for awhile, please consider the inclusion of this update to TrackIR.

stubby
03-09-2005, 06:18 AM
I saw the process for enabling this with PF over at the natural point forums but it requires running additional processes and scripting. To complex for me so I would rather see Natural point handle this in the next release of their software. Even if not perfect, having the ability to zoom using TiR would be awesome. CUrrently, I have the FOV mapped to my hat switch so it's not bad at all. that's other beauty of TiR - all my hats are freed for other purposes.

widgeon
03-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Several people asked for that axis to be enable with vector Tir, but no response specifically pertaining to this was given.

It would seem to be feasible without introducing the problem with missing textures.

Widgeon