PDA

View Full Version : Flaps-elevtor trim-rudder trim How do you measure?

stanner1935
12-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Where in the cockpits can one see the amount of flaps, elevator trim or rudder trim?

I can see only 3 settings for flaps and that is on my screen, takeoff, combat and landing. This is for ALL aircraft! Can I get more realistic settings? If yes how can I do this and how do I know how much I set? Is there an a flap indicator in the cockpits like in MS games?

Elevator and rudder trim how can I see how much has been set? Is there an instrument in the cockpit like in MS games?

Thanks
Stanner
wrpcpa@aol.com

stanner1935
12-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Where in the cockpits can one see the amount of flaps, elevator trim or rudder trim?

I can see only 3 settings for flaps and that is on my screen, takeoff, combat and landing. This is for ALL aircraft! Can I get more realistic settings? If yes how can I do this and how do I know how much I set? Is there an a flap indicator in the cockpits like in MS games?

Elevator and rudder trim how can I see how much has been set? Is there an instrument in the cockpit like in MS games?

Thanks
Stanner
wrpcpa@aol.com

BM357_Raven
12-14-2004, 11:05 PM
You can disable the readout by going into your conf.ini in the main Il2 folder. Once you have opened it with notepad, scroll down to [game] to find NoHudLog and change the number from 0 to 1.

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.703125
mapPadY=-0.057291668
viewSet=38
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=1
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=2
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
3dgunners=0

Some planes will show you your trim via a trim wheel, or in the case of the FW190, there is an actual readout on the left. I have my trim assigned to a slider so I know just by looking down at the slider.

However, in terms of gear position and other information, you will be hard pressed to figure it out. For example, knowing what you radiator is set at our where your prop pitch can sometimes be a bit of a mystery without that display. Some people are particularly good at remembering where their settings are.

In terms of gear, you pretty much just have to feel it. The plane tends to shake and you can hear certain wing noises that tell you that your gear are down. In terms of rudder trim, you can keep track by counting how many times you tap the rudder key left or right.

I find the trim isnt has hard to keep track of as radiator settings, since radiator settings toggle through all the settings and trim, and prop pitch are incramental.

My main problem is knowing when my tailhook is down. It always makes me nervous when I don't have the display because I tend to forget.

That's the best I can give ya. GL!

stanner1935
12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Raven,
Thank you for your comments.
How do you assign trim to a "slider"? You said you know the amount of trim set be looking down at your slider. How do you do this?
Thanks.
Stanner