PDA

View Full Version : Hunting for a mod; may not even exist!

Flanker555
01-30-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm looking for a mod for 1946 that will cause aircraft crew to slump over or something similar when they are killed. The He-111 has this sort of effect and it is interesting to look at, I'm looking for a mod that causes it to happen in all planes. Is there one like it anywhere?

Flanker555
01-30-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm looking for a mod for 1946 that will cause aircraft crew to slump over or something similar when they are killed. The He-111 has this sort of effect and it is interesting to look at, I'm looking for a mod that causes it to happen in all planes. Is there one like it anywhere?

PF_Coastie
01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
There are no "mods" for this game. It is closed source.

If you are asking for some sort of conf.ini setting to add for an installed "feature", the answer is also no.

There are only a couple planes that are modeled with this affect. Not sure what the others are though.

ploughman
01-30-2007, 04:29 AM
You can turn gore on in your config. file by setting gore=0 to gore=1. Not much in the way of gore results though. Another notable is the blister gunner on the PBY hangs out over the side of the plane if he's hit.

x6BL_Brando
01-30-2007, 04:55 AM
The rarely-seen Soviet flying-boat (the MBR?) is the only other a/c I know of that has the gore effect.

B.

WWMaxGunz
01-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Maybe SOW could put X's on the eyes? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Klemm.co
01-30-2007, 09:51 AM
I believe that in the russian version the gore effects do exist in every plane.
It seems that UBI or whoever had a problem with the gore effects in the He-111, the MBR and the 109 F-4 and so Maddox Games had to take out the gore effects in the International Version.
The Russian version is another story though.
Sadly not very many Russians post in this forum or one of them could confirm this...

SlickStick
01-30-2007, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:
You can turn gore on in your config. file by setting gore=0 to gore=1. Not much in the way of gore results though. Another notable is the blister gunner on the PBY hangs out over the side of the plane if he's hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The other function of HighGore=1 is that it enables the more graphic messages that come up in the chat. Although, I seem to get many of the same messages repeatedly anyway. I still am awaiting the day I (verbatim) "explode a pilot's chest like an overcooked sausage". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Check out the netmessages.properties file in the i18n folder of your main folder to see all of the possible messages. You can edit the messages at will, as long as you keep the references (the placements of {0} and {1} indicators in each message) accurate.

Those numbers indicate the references to who is doing the action versus who is receiving the action.

FritzGryphon
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Note that high gore no longer enables blood on the MBR, Heinkel or 109F.

I think this was removed permanently from PF onward.

Sorta off-topic, but when the B-17 was first added, you could shoot the ball turret off the plane. Not anymore, though.