PDA

View Full Version : Warping

Devils_Playmate
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Do something about it please, planes are all over the place, enemy planes mostly which is weird isn't it ?
I come howling in from a distance and see 3 planes dancin' with each other, I am to far away to have an id on any of them but when I get closer I id them as 2 Wildcats and one Zeke. Once I get closer in my Spit and start watching the 2 Cats doing their business the Zeke starts warpin, not the Cats, NOT stuttering but warping around till it suddenly turns up on one of the Cats 6 and dewing him........often very often that has happened since 4.03m came out, more pilot kills as well from the same guy all over again, plleeaasseee do something.

And while I am at it Sir, I finally put myself together and got an account here so I might as well go ahead, What's the wingloading of a P51 compared to a Jack sir ? Well try and measure the wing area and weigh both of them and even take HP into account as well as streamlining and it's all wrong isn't it, in the game I mean, sorry sim !
Hawk 81 has no armor behind the pilot nor no firewall behind the engine either, P40b has external self sealing tanks whereas the P40c has internal SS tanks and bomb/aux. tank rack but nevertheless all 3 of them handle alike, weird ! Hawk 81 should dance inside both with ease.

M3 catches a Hellcat in a shallow dive, even with belly tank, belly tank on the M3 that is.

The 15 Ki84c's that made it to front line service couldn't barely make it to 25.000 feet due to poor Japanese prodution lines and bad alloys in the engines, Corsairs got a hardtime against them at 25.000+ feet, no bad alloyes in the Pratt and Whitneys though, please do something Sir.

Hans-Joachim Marseille loved the 109F as the last pure dogfighter breed from Herr Willy, he disliked the 109G2 which he went down with in desert, it just couldn't turn anymore, in our game the G2 is uber compared to the F, please do something Sir ????

And could we please get some power in our P51's as well, it's not Merlin 21's you know no it's the sixty series please, yes I know build by Packard, sparkplugs are British though, well at least for the 51's that operated over here in Europe, as the additives in the high octane british fuel required British plugs to keep the Merlins runnin right ! 150 to 200 octane Sir not 83 as it feels like in a 51 !

Love your game Sir !

DP

AKA_TAGERT
03-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Devils_Playmate:
Do something about it please Ah, ok, I demand that you get a better ISP.

VW-IceFire
03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Not much to be done about warping...thats a problem with your net connection. The rest is interesting.

Were those Corsairs, at 25,000 feet, operating their engines properly? I mean to say that, were they managing their supercharger stages properly?

WWMaxGunz
03-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Sounds like "the Zeke" had the funky connection which would make it a server settings problem.

Doooooooooo something, yeah. Find another server.

Maybe in time PC communications can be by tunneling electrons from machine to machine.
Until then we have more and better net than before.

IDC_Raptor
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Why is it that the first reply is always to get a new ISP or upgrade your computer? Do you know what system this person has? No?, didn't think so.

First of all, I have a very good computer for this game and a very good ISP, but yet I experience these things as well. Ok, so it might be the other guys computer or ISP, but perhaps not in every single case. Devils Playmate has some valid points. This a very good sim, the best, hands down! But it has issues as we all know.

I dont pretend to be an aeronautical engineer, but there are some planes that are out of whack. Zeros out-diving U.S. planes, ie. F4Us and Thunderbolts? Chasing down Lightnings? Please!! And in the case of the 51, well, it has been discussed enough. Having said this, I believe that there is a case for having a well-balanced game and therefore, Mr. Maddox being the genius he is, has done this.

I have noticed weird things in this patch as well. Lots of unexplained occurences. A friend of mine has been in on the development of this game since day one and he wont play it anymore because of these errors. You might give Mr. Playmate a break until you know all the facts.

BueJack
03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Warping = temporary Network connection loss ??

As for the rest... Learn to 'fly' the planes. A lot of 'pilots' say that you must let the plane fly itself, I say don't, and push it around like there's no tomorrow. Then you might be happier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif