PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Low FPS in MP, but smooth in SP

adarwinter
05-09-2010, 07:18 AM
when i play deniable ops in SP i get a very smooth experience.
but when i join MP i get around 5-10 FPS. what is that? horrible lags and stutters. sometimes the frames freeze for about 1 or 2 seconds completely. yeah - that means 1 or 0.5 FPS.

is there a fix for this or am i doing something wrong? it cant be my video settings since , as i said, in SP i get more than 30fps.

10x

DoxilonQ
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I would like to know the answer as well. Earlier it was alright, but now it's very difficult to play, because fps is so low. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

adarwinter
05-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by DoxilonQ:
I would like to know the answer as well. Earlier it was alright, but now it's very difficult to play, because fps is so low. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

when u say "earlier" and "now" do u mean "before the patch" and "after the patch"?

thedarkday
05-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Same here. In COOP I get low fps and the mouse feels like its floating lol its unenjoyable. On a C2D8400 and GTX285 here.

DoxilonQ
05-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by adarwinter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoxilonQ:

when u say "earlier" and "now" do u mean "before the patch" and "after the patch"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I don't mean this. There was no lag with patch earlier. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ForceReconNeo
05-09-2010, 01:46 PM
in SP, i got acceptable FPS, above 30, so it wasnt a problem...

notw i am trying to complete mission 10 and it drops to around 20 FPS and pauses...

i understand its a more intensive map but really i should have been getting 40+ in normal missions and around 30+ for this mission. irritating as i dont have the money for a second SLI card atm.

CGrecon
05-09-2010, 01:48 PM
For playing MP you must play with friend who will play on your second PC in your room and connect must be 2m lan kabel. LOL )

I've tried to play with many players from my country and others... and it was never smooth.
I think ping must be ~5 for MP in SCC. ).

Reddl
05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
The thing is in MP there are max. 30 fps possible. this has something to do with the synchronisation. this game has no delay and u play with ppl around the world.

without this fps cap other players will lag around, packetloss and so on.

ettydyddo_698
05-09-2010, 03:12 PM
SCC for the PC is a badly optimized console port (which seems to be SOP for Ubisoft). That's why MP performance sucks. It's one thing to have the FPS capped at 30, but to have it regularly dip under 25 for people with more than capable systems and internet connections (my friend and I both have 10-15 Megabit connections) is ridiculous.

The sad thing is that my friend and I actually enjoy the gameplay in SCC despite its differences from previous Splinter Cell games. Too bad it's so technically flawed that all the creativity that Ubisoft developers put into it becomes difficult to enjoy. I guess focusing on the DRM (which I personally don't mind) was more important than polishing the actual game. But hey, who gives a **** about PC gamers?

CGrecon
05-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Reddl, 30 fps it will be great, but players have not this 30fps + lags, swaps, mouse swiming etc.

l Khasim l
05-09-2010, 03:38 PM
This is the engine itself's fault. It was the same in Chaos Theory co-op and the thing is - if your partner has low fps, the game turns down your fps to match your partner's. It's stupid, I have no idea why the hell is that, but it can't be helped, unless both of you have good pcs.

MinusII-VX9-
05-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I Found if i'm playing with someone with a horrible net connection my FPS drops drastically to 'interactive slideshow' level. With others absolutely no issue and same FPS as SP.

Minus.

adarwinter
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MinusII:
I Found if i'm playing with someone with a horrible net connection my FPS drops drastically to 'interactive slideshow' level. With others absolutely no issue and same FPS as SP.

Minus.

so what u guys are saying that the DIP in FPS is because of the other player im playing with? if im getting 10 FPS than he's getting the same FPS?? i cant believe someone can actually play with such a horrible horrible performance as i did today.

wait... i played 2 ppl and both gave me 10 FPS in face-off. what is this BS?

CGrecon
05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
what are you talking about people.. PING! it's all about ping.. 60 is a normal, 120 - lags, swaps etc.
For most of games 150 is a normal, and i can play with it... but i don't know why in conviction we must have megacool connections.

IMBAZORZ
05-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Me and my friend were experiencing obvious FPS drops (+ Sync Problems) after the patching, in 1.0 everything was fine, idk if stuff was good on 1.1 but 1.2 has definately made CoOp Slowmotion (FPS are very low)

MinusII-VX9-
05-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I find, if i join a game, and it takes more then two 'tri-dot-spin load thing' in the corner while 'waiting for other player' its gonna be a BS laggy game, if its less then two 'tri-dot load thing' spins its usually smooth.

Minus

Jason-Alaska
05-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Myself and my buddy play our SP game in HIGH settings and both switch to LOW settings in an attempt to get the FPS a squeak higher.

All that we have left to do after cleaning up and updating drivers, lowering all settings in game and insuring all correct ports are open is to sacrifice a live goat and hope that helps.

We connect great but get 12-20 FPS MP games. 30+ SP games. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

adarwinter
05-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by AlexCGart:
what are you talking about people.. PING! it's all about ping.. 60 is a normal, 120 - lags, swaps etc.
For most of games 150 is a normal, and i can play with it... but i don't know why in conviction we must have megacool connections.

in bad company 2 i usually have around 200 ping. yeah, it seems very very high for a game like this but still - the game still feels fair, u hardly feel the lag AND, the point of the thread is - it run smoothly on over 40 FPS. no jittering, no stuttering, no nothing.

SCC, when u have a high ping than u get low FPS. that's a first for me.

what a load of krap....

l Khasim l
05-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by AlexCGart:

Ping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_%28video_gaming%29)

Framerate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framerate)

Know what you're talking about before trying to convince someone's wrong.
Case 1 (normalhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ping is high, but I have an uber-PC, I'll get over 9000 frames per second, but my bullets will fire 4 seconds after I press my mouse button.
Case 2: framerate is low (in my case, played coop yesterday with a friend who had 8-25 fps...), but ping is decent. It's like holding Space while watching a film on your PC - it pauses a few times per second, the animation's not smooth and aiming is very difficult if not impossible.

Our problem is that Conviction runs like in case 2 in co-op when someone has a crappy performance.

Seriously, UE 2.5 is crap, why didn't they move to 3.0? WHY?!

CGrecon
05-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Khasim83
LOL, smartass detected ) so, do what you want to do, but players who really can think will find player with ping 50 and they will play normal.
I've ati5750 1gb ddr5 \ athlon II x 4 630 \ 4gb ddr3, my friend playing on athlon x2 5500 \ 2gb ddr2 \ ati2600 pro and we have ping 35 and funny - we can play normal, it's working like SP. When he has low fps, i still have 30fps (30fps it's max fps in MP) and no lags.

p.s. wikipedia - source of live ) LOLs ))))

Loucmachine.Joe
05-15-2010, 01:18 AM
What u dont seems to understand is that the problem here IS the 30 FPS cap!

The problem is that even if u got the best internet connection + the best computer ever, you ll never be able to have more then 30 FPS and 30 FPS IS laggy and buggy and you got an annoying mouse lag that kill entire gameplay!

I have 2 GTX 470 and they are working between 10 to 20% each in MP. Its funny because in SP its more like 90% each and a frame rate that never drop under 70 with all maxed out and 16xQ AA

+ you get more mouse lag in MP when u turn on AA because you are blocked at 30FPS...so you have to turn it off..Its not a big deal but I buy this game to play with friends and the MP is not even playable ....., The syncronisation thing......is there something more useless in a coop game than a perfect sync??? you dont even get to talk to the guy you re playing with in that game soo...the sync can wait....no?

Is it me or what???

ForceReconNeo
05-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by adarwinter:

in bad company 2 i usually have around 200 ping. yeah, it seems very very high for a game like this but still - the game still feels fair, u hardly feel the lag AND, the point of the thread is - it run smoothly on over 40 FPS. no jittering, no stuttering, no nothing.

SCC, when u have a high ping than u get low FPS. that's a first for me.

what a load of krap....

btw BC2 is reported to have a "round-trip ping" where you see the packet sent and recieved.

in SCC if you actually got 30 FPS it would not be a problem, the fact is most people get less than 30 FPS , which makes it unplayable since 30 FPS is the lowest possible for flawless playback.

capped or not since vsync is ON, you should be seeing no drops below 30, if you drop below it means the optimizations or lack thereof are making it lag. some people do have really low end pc's and video cards for a game like this too though.

Loucmachine.Joe
05-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Hummm....

I get under t30 FPS when i play with people I dont know............first

and 30 FPS IS A problem since I GET ANNOYING MOUSE LAG THAT KEEP YOU FROM AIMIMG WELL!!
I know most poeple dont seems to care but cmon 30 FPS is really low, we re at the point were 120Hz will become a standard for gamers soon and we block fps at 30??

and Vsinc change nothing eccept putting even more mouse lagg to be sure you get a headache after an hour of play!

YAY!!!
(Sorry for english not my first language)

ForceReconNeo
05-15-2010, 09:59 AM
29 FPS or less = mouse lag, from what i can gather if you are capable of 30+ FPS, it will lock at 30 and you will not have mouse lag...

every game i have been in since the first time i played i have been at 19-25 FPS, but that first game i was locked at 30.

i agree though, Ubi please update the vsync on Coop and MP to 60, 30 FPS is really the lowest limit on playability. thought you had higher standards?

Loucmachine.Joe
05-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree with a cap of 60 FPS because thats ok! I just wanted to campare because in a couple of years everyone will be buying 120Hz monitors...

I know 60 FPS is enough and I would be very happy if the cap were at this level....
but 30....30 fps IS WORST than watching a movie because there s no blur or effects that make it more smooth, its a raw 30 fps and it s not fluid at all,+ i have fraps and it says 31 fps all the time but I have a lot of mouse lagg....maybe for someone its not a lot but it gives me headaches and I hate that!

Im not the worst in term of mouse lag detection....my friend hate to play on my monitor because its a dell and they have not the best input and he says there is too much lagg in the mouse......OK that is a little bit too much for me but 30 FPS give a lot of input lagg anyway and I agree 60 would be alright for the purpose!