RxMan
03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Does anybody NOT have it yet ?

RxMan
03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Does anybody NOT have it yet ?

p-11.cAce
03-01-2007, 02:41 PM
See this is so idiotic - we've all bought it from overseas vendors (paying much more than retail once shipping is included) so the US sales figures will be artificially low, reinforcing the idea that the US is a weak market for the sim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Flippin brilliant http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif Best of all the idiot who made the decision probably predicted the whole thing would be a flop and he'll get a bonus out of the deal. I wonder if Play and GoGamer pay kickbacks for this stuff!

AKA_TAGERT
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p-11.cAce:
See this is so idiotic - we've all bought it from overseas vendors (paying much more than retail once shipping is included) so the US sales figures will be artificially low, reinforcing the idea that the US is a weak market for the sim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Flippin brilliant http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif Best of all the idiot who made the decision probably predicted the whole thing would be a flop and he'll get a bonus out of the deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL!
I never thought about it like that! You right, that nub will probally get a bonus!

Bearcat99
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
It makes no sense to me either. They dont advertise much.. so it is all word of mouth... and if they think that the U.S.mrket will wait until it is released here before they get it they are crazy. If they read these forums they would have a better idea of what was going on.

fordfan25
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
speechless ..... other than to say to those responable,pull your head outa each others **'s.

im willing to bet that the whole thing has cost 1c many sales do to people being pi**ed and/or not wanting to bother haveing to order online so thay just got pirated versions.how ever many of said people would have willingly bought the game had thay been able to walk into a store and find it on the shelf. sad realy.

Tater-SW-
03-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm holding my 8 month old as I type this---and he would be far more capable of marketing this sim in the US than whoever ubi has doing it.

ImpStarDuece
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
It's revenge for Americans always turning up late for the war...

MarkSynthesis
03-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I ordered mine from GoGamer some time ago...but after a month, it never came, so I basically filed for a refund and used my friends copy.

Problem solved, everybody wins! Well, except for GoGamer. And perhaps Ubisoft and all parties involved. But that's their problem, I suppose...

thefruitbat
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
It's revenge for Americans always turning up late for the war... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but hey, that made me laugh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

cheers fruitbat

fredbass
03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Well I'm in the U.S. and I have my copy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I ordered thru Amazon/GoGamer on Feb 22. It arrived a few days ago.

Edit: I haven't installed it yet because I'm waiting on my new joystick, but I hope there's no difference between the UK version and the officially released US version, because mine says UK PC DVD-ROM on the box.

Choctaw111
03-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Seeing that on the "front page" really burned my a$$ like it was something for UBI to be proud of. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif It makes no sense to release it this long afterwards in the US no matter how you look at it. Many sales have been lost due to this. I wholeheartedly agree with the pirating issue brought up in another post. If you want to buy a game and cannot find it anywhere you will eventually download it illegally and the loss will be UBI's and eventually this communities as well for UBI will look at their overall sales and it will seem that this genre just isn't as profitable as it really is and therefore not get the priority this genre deserves. Just my thoughts.

dugong
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RxMan:
Does anybody NOT have it yet ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am waiting. I am in the minority. Why spend more money for the "got's to have it now" syndrome. Us Americans have more issues than getting to in too late on the war!

slappedsilly
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I ordered mine from GoGamer some time ago...but after a month, it never came, so I basically filed for a refund and used my friends copy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got mine in 3 days! Maybe they were making up for loosing your order. I was getting uptight because it didn't show up in any tracking by the 2nd day. The 3rd day the game itself showed up!

Waldo.Pepper
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Gentlemen, gird your loins!

And prepare yourselves for an influx of noobs who did not read the manual let alone the readme.

Gunsight/Wilcat-I-16 Gear/Chocks - too name a few.

Good for the game - bad for our nerves.

jarink
03-01-2007, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RxMan:

I don't have it, either. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Maybe my wife can finally get it for my like she said she would (she promised it as a Christmas present).

Makabi-
03-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I got mine yesterday from a nearby Electronics Boutique, and the thing I find odd is that the cover of my case says "Printed in Canada". do they not consider Canada to be a part of North America or something? kind of odd for the box cover to be printed here if it supposedly isn't released here yet.

MarkSynthesis
03-01-2007, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slappedsilly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I ordered mine from GoGamer some time ago...but after a month, it never came, so I basically filed for a refund and used my friends copy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got mine in 3 days! Maybe they were making up for loosing your order. I was getting uptight because it didn't show up in any tracking by the 2nd day. The 3rd day the game itself showed up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh...while it's certainly not your fault, specifically, this is basically just putting more salt and lemon juice into the wound...

In retrospect, though, I'm kind of glad it ended this way. As far as I'm concerned, Ubisoft, GoGamer, and 1C, aren't getting a cent from me. I had my doubts--but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. My mistake, eh?

Well, didn't cost me any money, and I can play 1946 on my own terms...happy ending. Not like Ubisoft gives a rats ***, as this thread suggests...

slo_1_2_3
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Nope I ain't got it and to tell the truth not being able to play online for two or three months had kinda made me lose intrest,think about the lat time you saw me post....... so I don't even know if I'll get it at all now kinda makes me mad realy

Treetop64
03-01-2007, 11:36 PM

That would be me.

Pretty much decided not to buy it unless it was made available "on the shelf".

Hope the U.S. release has extra content, or patched to 4.08, or something. Makes no sense otherwise to delay releasing it in the States for so long for no apparent reason.

Rammathorn_
03-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I took a break from IL-2 and started playing again last week. I am disappointed at the late US release, but personally pleased to see that I won't have to overpay for it after March 13.

Bottom line, I hope they wake the **** up before the Storm of War series comes out and stop marginalizing the US market.

GAU-8
03-02-2007, 01:18 AM
I was just about to purchase online as either a DL, or hardcopy, and wait...

guess i can wait some more, till its in the US shelves. waited this long. now this is going to be the ALL inclusive CD/DVD thing right ..? from start to finish, baring a last minute patch or two..right?

ViktorViktor
03-02-2007, 03:32 AM
It sounds like the game distributors are doing the same thing with 1946 as video film distributors do. If an American film comes out, the video version generally is at first available only in the American zone. After a couple of months/weeks, the Europeans or Asians get their own version of the film to distribute in their own region. I guess the reverse would be true as well.

Has something to do with the idea that the businesses in the area in which the film was made should get first shot at turning a buck. Market protectionalism sort of thing, I think.

Maybe they have the same business practices when pc games are concerned.

slappedsilly
03-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Quote: Gentlemen, gird your loins!

And prepare yourselves for an influx of noobs

My day in glory is coming lol. I knew my turn would come! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-02-2007, 06:37 AM
To those who openly state they have procured a copy without ANY type of purchase...SHAME ON YOU!

Personally, I think it's stealing and your impatience entitles you to nothing. Get it? YOU ARE OWED NOTHING!

Do I think UBI "boned the dog" as far as North American marketing is concerned? Absolutely. Have I supported both UBI and 1:C for over 6 years? vehemently. Does that mean I am entitled? quite simply, no. I'm spoiled because of the participation and hands-on attitude of Oleg, Ilya and others that have direct input into this sim, but to say, or imply, that one is entitled to get something simply because they 'feel' they are and then to attempt to justify theft because of not getting what they wrongly feel entitled to is morally and legally wrong.

I realize people are going to do what they want to a degree, but I, for one, think they should be banned.

Rant over.

p-11.cAce
03-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Unfortunately unlike dvd's (which are region encoded) a stepped distribution of software just makes no sense from a marketing stand point - and detrimental to the development team.

For example - when it comes time to distribute SoW, what if Ubi says "well ya know Oleg, look how poorly that '46 thing of yours sold in the states. We paid your team to produce all those free patches and updates in the hope that '46 would be a blockbuster but it flopped. So we'll do a limited release of your new game to try and recoup some of our loses and next time find a new producer."

And anyone who has obtained this game in ANY way other than the proper channels should be shot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif It IS stealing and you are just screwing the rest of us by pushing down sales figures further. If you think any software is written, produced, and sold because its "cool" you are an idiot. Software is created to make $$$ - if it does not any software like it will not be approved.

ChrisMyhre
03-02-2007, 09:40 AM
I've waitd for the US release. I'm new to IL-2, just downloaded the origional demo a few weeks ago after reading a review of 46. I just received a CH fighterstick and figured the demo and the free copy of IL-2 taht came with it would hold me over. It does seem to be a poor decision on Ubisoft's part to have delayed the US release so long.

WWMaxGunz
03-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Nobody mentions even the POSSIBILITY that marketers or other interests inside the USA may
have put up roadblocks to direct marketing here? &lt;cough&gt;Grumman&lt;cough&gt;M$&lt;cough&gt;BS!&lt;cough&gt;

Gee, an extra $10 to have it, for me 2 months ahead and to support the sim, therefore the
makers and the next product is a bargain. But then I remember when $10 was real money,
what I got for $5 now costs well over $20... that 65 cent candy used to run 10 cents and
had the real ingredients. Coca-Cola was 10 cents a 7-oz bottle that had cane sugar, not
cheap corn syrup that stays on tongue and throat with that aftertaste so just what is $10
worth nowadays almost 40 years later? Maybe a dollar then. 2 burgers, fries and sodas
either way -- why cry over that?

BuzzU
03-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I didn't even know it wasn't available in the US. I'm just coming back to FB. I ordered it here for $38 and got it in 3 days.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

slo_1_2_3
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm glad some others feel the same as I do about this.

fordfan25
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
To those who openly state they have procured a copy without ANY type of purchase...SHAME ON YOU!

Personally, I think it's stealing and your impatience entitles you to nothing. Get it? YOU ARE OWED NOTHING!

Do I think UBI "boned the dog" as far as North American marketing is concerned? Absolutely. Have I supported both UBI and 1:C for over 6 years? vehemently. Does that mean I am entitled? quite simply, no. I'm spoiled because of the participation and hands-on attitude of Oleg, Ilya and others that have direct input into this sim, but to say, or imply, that one is entitled to get something simply because they 'feel' they are and then to attempt to justify theft because of not getting what they wrongly feel entitled to is morally and legally wrong.

I realize people are going to do what they want to a degree, but I, for one, think they should be banned.

Rant over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no one in hear has stated they have procured a copy without ANY type of purchase. i for one never said i was intittled to any d***ed thing from UBI. if thay dont want to relase a game were i can buy it then fine but on the same note im not going to jump threw hoopes to buy there game. Maby there was a resone it took so long to get it released. i have no idea or realy care for that matter. UBI owes me nothing well i owe them nothing as well. no amount of fanboy speechs is going to change that fact. Also note that i do think 1c did a good job suporting this game with patchs and free content and if BoB is on store shelves were i live i will be happy to buy it given i have a PC that can play it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. in my post i was just pointing out that alot of people who were not ABLE to BUY the game do to not being able to find it or not haveing a card to order over the net or who did not want to be forced to order from the net may have pirated the game. and like others have said that will screw up the figures as to the market for flight sims in those regions. do i fault a persone for getting the game threw .... unoffical channels when he/she could not get it any other way....when the resone is do to not being able to find a copy because it was not made avalible then no i dont. had UBI made an announment that the game would be avalible in said region at so in so time then yea maby then i would. or if the resone was that thay did not want to part with the mony then yes i fault them. I do not support pirateing. just pointing out and explaining my veiws the best i can considering my lack of abilty to put thoughts into wrighting.

WWMaxGunz
03-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Why am I remembering the old Cosby routine that ends with "I didn't take it and you quit
talking bout my momma!"?

NAFP_supah
03-03-2007, 03:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
I'm holding my 8 month old as I type this---and he would be far more capable of marketing this sim in the US than whoever ubi has doing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oleg say: He looking for job? Be Sure!

BuzzU
03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
So, if it's released the 13th of this month. How did that store that I posted a link above get copies? I bought it last week, and it's a US store.

jamesdietz
03-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Finally- Now I can toss the foreign European version I got 2 months ago & get a genuine 'Merican Version...I bet it comes with a higher FPS rate too!

fordfan25
03-03-2007, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesdietz:
Finally- Now I can toss the foreign European version I got 2 months ago & get a genuine 'Merican Version...I bet it comes with a higher FPS rate too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>but porked 50 cals be sure

fordfan25
03-03-2007, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BuzzU:
So, if it's released the 13th of this month. How did that store that I posted a link above get copies? I bought it last week, and it's a US store. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>thay orderd from gogamer.com be sure

Esel1964
03-03-2007, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Treetop64:

That would be me.

Pretty much decided not to buy it unless it was made available "on the shelf".

Hope the U.S. release has extra content, or patched to 4.08, or something. Makes no sense otherwise to delay releasing it in the States for so long for no apparent reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
I'm not holding my breath on the extras though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

WarWolfe_1
03-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't have it either, I would have it but I can't find a Web site that will ship to a P.O. Box in the USA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

BuzzU
03-04-2007, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WarWolfe_1:
I don't have it either, I would have it but I can't find a Web site that will ship to a P.O. Box in the USA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine was shipped to my PO Box. Link above.

Did you even try my link?

Bearcat99
03-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey ya Buzz how the heck ya been?

BuzzU
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Hey ya Buzz how the heck ya been? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiyas Bear dude. Nothing new. Flying F4 and racing Grand Prix Legends.
I thought i'd come mess with the props for awhile.