PDA

View Full Version : FB/AEP/PF under Linux?

JunkoIfurita
02-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Does anybody have any experience with running any of the Maddox sims under Linux (preferably Fedora Core 3), with Cedega (formerly WineX)?

I'm considering blowing my Windows partition away, but certainly won't if it means I have to give up on playing IL2. Cedega has no demo and is a subscription service, so I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck in the past before I fork out my cash on the thing.

Cheers,
Junko 'Ifurita' Kimura
----

JunkoIfurita
02-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Does anybody have any experience with running any of the Maddox sims under Linux (preferably Fedora Core 3), with Cedega (formerly WineX)?

I'm considering blowing my Windows partition away, but certainly won't if it means I have to give up on playing IL2. Cedega has no demo and is a subscription service, so I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck in the past before I fork out my cash on the thing.

Cheers,
Junko 'Ifurita' Kimura
----

Troll2k
02-13-2005, 11:55 PM
As far as I know there has been no sucessful running of IL2 series on linux.

But I would keep looking as I am not up to date on linux stuff.

JunkoIfurita
02-14-2005, 12:44 AM
:-P Thanks for replying anyway.

It's a bit confusing - on the Cedega WIKI posting for forgotten battles, they say it crashes to terminal during the installer. But then they have a couple of screenshots clearly showing FB running (nicely) on a linux desktop. Weird.

zjulik
02-14-2005, 06:38 AM
I seem to recall some success here and there...try searching the forums if that %&##¤% search function is working again.

indylavi
02-14-2005, 07:03 AM
http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/cedegaversion.mhtml?version=12

This site seems to have a list of games working. However I know nothing about it and perhaps those over there can help

drapis
02-14-2005, 07:52 AM
another question is joystick support...

anyone?

Texas LongHorn
02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Junko, I hate MS as much as the next guy, heck, I worked for them for about eight years <ggg.> My question is this; why beat your head about the temples when the code is DONE. Why convert? Other than the MS total lack of sucurity,XP is pretty robust. All the best, LongHorn

HellToupee
02-14-2005, 08:09 PM
i got il2fb to work under a previous version of cedega no such luck as of late, required a bit of fiddling, performace was good no graphical glitches, how ever joystick would not work, joystick works fine in all my other linux stuff.

JunkoIfurita
02-14-2005, 08:28 PM
No problems with XP http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif It's a nice solid OS (for the first time, I think, from MS). And even that fact that they treat their contractors like absolute **** wouldn't put me off straight away.

Its actually that I got this last box from a friend and recently discovered that my copy of XP isn't legal.

I'm getting another box in 6months (which is why I don't want to pay the retail price for XP right now), but I've worked under Linux for a few years so it's no problems for a tide over except for IL2 :-)

----