PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone else have a funny feeling that. ****Spoiler****

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Well I have been thinking about the confrontation between Ezio and Cesare and like a lot of stories between rivals it's Ezios toughest challenge yet, are they too brilliant to defeat each other? Like Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty in the Adventure of the final problem, which caused the death of both characters.

What i mean is, after looking at the trophies and the "Knife to the heart" - completed the game achievement, this confirmed my suspicions (just speculation). Will Ezio scrafice himself to defeat Cesare and bring peace to Rome? Discuss below.

Abeonis
10-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Spoiler warning, damnit!

magesupermaster
10-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I haven't thought about it until now..

Well, we all know Ezio will eventually die in one point or another...

john63
10-14-2010, 12:57 PM
If he does, then it won't be playable. Remember, we can only play ezio up until the conception of the next ancestor, so we won't see how he dies, most likely. I doubt that Ubisoft would make the game's epic final battle with Cesare unplayable...

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
Spoiler warning, damnit!

but this isn't much of a spoiler since it's not confirmed...

bearsbball11
10-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by john63:
If he does, then it won't be playable. Remember, we can only play ezio up until the conception of the next ancestor, so we won't see how he dies, most likely. I doubt that Ubisoft would make the game's epic final battle with Cesare unplayable...
You are correct sir. We can't see Ezio die

NuclearFuss
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
^ Unless of course his child witnesses it

Sparty2020
10-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Knife to the Heart isn't game completion, it's simply securing the Apple. It's probably just assassinating Cesare in Spain in 1513, not a big deal. And why would Ubi make the final Cesare fight as a cinematic only? No, we'll be playing as Ezio until he conceives a child, which will be after the game ends.

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Knife to the Heart isn't game completion, it's simply securing the Apple. It's probably just assassinating Cesare in Spain in 1513, not a big deal. And why would Ubi make the final Cesare fight as a cinematic only? No, we'll be playing as Ezio until he conceives a child, which will be after the game ends.

Some how I think this is becoming to be a personal attack on me. If it's not game completion why the hell does it say "complete the game" in the explanation.

Why are people so upset about this speculation? death of the protagonist due to a strong rival is basic scriptwriting my friend. I'm not saying he is going to die and actually i'd prefer if he didn't. Yes I agree it could be the death of Cesare only, but I have a very odd suspicion.

No one has suggested a cinematic boss fight... why the hell did you even raise that point?

Your point about the child is correct, as you well know Ezio and Katerina Sforza are lovers, could she be pregnant during the game? My guess is yes, she could even conceive the child before it ends.

Caligula__
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
could be like how Noble Six dies in Halo Reach, you fight unimaginable amounts of enemies by yourself until you just get overtaken

JAHman28
10-14-2010, 02:41 PM
That never occurred to me.

Very interesting, but it does seem that the others are right. Perhaps one of those "memory glitches" from AC1

VRTX97
10-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Eh... excuse me sir, what achievement are you talking about? Or should i ask what game?
Did i miss something?

Caligula__
10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
we're talking about the "Knife to the Heart" trophy and whether that could imply Ezio gets killed or whether its just Cesare gets killed

Personally I think Cesare will get killed cause on the 360 list/PS3 list its caption is "Secure the Apple of Eden"

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Pex3650:
Eh... excuse me sir, what achievement are you talking about? Or should i ask what game?
Did i miss something?

Trophies (http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-news/44804-assassins-creed-brotherhood-trophy-list.html)

Sir, Have you been hiding under a rock? Yes. I'm starting to lose my patience with people who are taking this as a personal attack on me.

You can never tell with the AC series, endless possibilities.

pwilso27
10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree with Paddington_Bear. I won't be surprised if Ezio dies in the end either. How many times have we heard the developers say "This will wrap up Ezio's story" or "This will be the end of Ezio's adventure"?

Think of it like William Wallace in Braveheart.

As long as we can still play as Ezio after the stories over--and with the animus, it's not a problem--then honestly I would have no problem having Ezio die a heroic death in the end. It would be fitting and appropriate and I bet that's what will happen. I mean come on--by 1513 he's heading into his mid 50's!

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
we're talking about the "Knife to the Heart" trophy and whether that could imply Ezio gets killed or whether its just Cesare gets killed

Personally I think Cesare will get killed cause on the 360 list/PS3 list its caption is "Secure the Apple of Eden"

others say complete the game... weird

Sparty2020
10-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:

Some how I think this is becoming to be a personal attack on me. If it's not game completion why the hell does it say "complete the game" in the explanation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry, my source said to secure the PoE it's not an attack by any meaning of the word. I am perfectly neutral right now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Why are people so upset about this speculation? death of the protagonist due to a strong rival is basic scriptwriting my friend. I'm not saying he is going to die and actually i'd prefer if he didn't. Yes I agree it could be the death of Cesare only, but I have a very odd suspicion. nobody is upset, we're merely listing a flaw in your theory.

No one has suggested a cinematic boss fight... why the hell did you even raise that point?

Your point about the child is correct, as you well know Ezio and Katerina Sforza are lovers, could she be pregnant during the game? My guess is yes, she could even conceive the child before it ends. A cinematic is the only way to see Ezio and Cesare fight it out without playing as either character

cellether
10-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok this is a crazy idea that I think would be really cool if it happened. What if Ezio has a child during AC:B and the Templars take the child, raise him as a templar assassin, and eventually he gets the mission to kill a target that he has no information on and then once he kills him he finds out that his target was Ezio and then the kid goes crazy and he is the one to kill Cesare and Rodrigo in the end. I know its crazy but I think that it would be pretty awsome, and it shows Ezio's death and it lets you play the final battle with Cesare.

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by cellether:
Ok this is a crazy idea that I think would be really cool if it happened. What if Ezio has a child during AC:B and the Templars take the child, raise him as a templar assassin, and eventually he gets the mission to kill a target that he has no information on and then once he kills him he finds out that his target was Ezio and then the kid goes crazy and he is the one to kill Cesare and Rodrigo in the end. I know its crazy but I think that it would be pretty awsome, and it shows Ezio's death and it lets you play the final battle with Cesare.

that's a little far fetched. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The idea of the two games is to follow Ezio's "Life" meaning his entire life and possibly his death. I honestly believe people are taking offense by my suggestion. I'm merely speculating the outcome.

Sparty2020
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Nobody's insulting you. It's just your idea is extremely flawed and people are pointing it out

Pattington_Bear
10-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Nobody's insulting you. It's just your idea is extremely flawed and people are pointing it out

I'm not insulted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, I know it's flawed, it's a guess, I don't have any evidence to prove it, just a feeling (to start a conversion).

you've got to pick up the obivious foreshadowing in the interviews and trailers. It is a possibility, no denying it.

Oatkeeper
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:

Some how I think this is becoming to be a personal attack on me. If it's not game completion why the hell does it say "complete the game" in the explanation.

Why are people so upset about this speculation? death of the protagonist due to a strong rival is basic scriptwriting my friend. I'm not saying he is going to die and actually i'd prefer if he didn't. Yes I agree it could be the death of Cesare only, but I have a very odd suspicion.

Your point about the child is correct, as you well know Ezio and Katerina Sforza are lovers, could she be pregnant during the game? My guess is yes, she could even conceive the child before it ends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can surely WATCH something as Ezio's child, but it would be impossible to experience being Ezio during the fight. Therefor if Ezio was to die it would have to be cinematic since by that point Ezio's memories would be cut off, and the child would have taken over.
After all, if Ezio had a child (that's related to Desmond) anytime after AC2 but before/During AC:B, we would HAVE to be playing as the child for the rest of the game because the animus would access no longer have the access to either his memories or *experiences* that Ezio had gone through. Which is not the case since we are clearly playing as Ezio. Unless of course Ezio's child was born several feet tall with a beard >_>

hewkii9
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
While I understand why people would think that we should see Ezio's death, there's a flaw with the OP's analogy. Sherlock Holmes came back from his confrontation with Moriarty - in fact, several of his best-known stories, such as The Dancing Men and Hound of the Baskervilles.

Also, Harry didn't die after his final confrontation with Voldemort, either. Geez, and your username made me think you were British!

Considering the game begins in 1499 and ends in 1507, are you suggesting a seven-year old child killed Cesare Borgia?

cellether
10-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I know that my theory is very very far fetched that a 8 year old boy could even kill someone, but Ezio was only 17 years old when he killed his first target, so if the boy was trained from birth he could at least poison someone or use a hidden blade, cause no one would think a child could be a killer it would be easy for them to get in close and take down their target.

primerib69
10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
i think everybody is forgetting the fact that lost legacy takes place after brotherhood...so no ezio isnt going to die

DarthEzio55
10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
i think everybody is forgetting the fact that lost legacy takes place after brotherhood...so no ezio isnt going to die

exactly wat i was thinking

LaCava1
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm just saying, the trophy for beating the game is called "Requiescat in Pace". "A Knife To the Heart" is the trophy for "securing the Apple of Eden", whatever that means.

Oatkeeper
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I know that my theory is very very far fetched that a 8 year old boy could even kill someone, but Ezio was only 17 years old when he killed his first target, so if the boy was trained from birth he could at least poison someone or use a hidden blade, cause no one would think a child could be a killer it would be easy for them to get in close and take down their target.

If ezio's child was 7 years old, then we would HAVE TO PLAY THOSE 7 YEARS OF HIS LIFE, are you implying a 1 year old had the body of a 40 year old man and was active in fighting a war against the pope? perhaps Ezio in brotherhood is really a child with stilts and the real ezio died at the attack on Montergioni

Puppet627
10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't forgotten Desmond?
There may only be 9 Sequences but we'll still play as Desmond, don't forget him!

NOTE: As far as I know 'sequences' are sessions in the Animus.

cellether
10-14-2010, 07:39 PM
No I do not mean that you play as a 1 year old, we didn't have to play as Ezio until he actually did something for the Creed, so I think we would startplaying as his son when the templars had trained him enough to actually be able to kill someone, and like I said I said I know it sounds far fetched, but really the only reason I thought his son might be a big part in the ending is because of Red Dead Redemption lol

Oatkeeper
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
No I do not mean that you play as a 1 year old, we didn't have to play as Ezio until he actually did something for the Creed, so I think we would startplaying as his son when the templars had trained him enough to actually be able to kill someone, and like I said I said I know it sounds far fetched, but really the only reason I thought his son might be a big part in the ending is because of Red Dead Redemption lol

your missing the entire point, so let me spell it out in captital letters.

WHEN ALTAIR HAS A CHILD CONCEIVED IN AC2, IT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE FOR DESMOND TO FOLLOW ALTAIR EVER AGAIN. NOW APPLY THAT LOGIC TO EZIO, IF EZIO HAD A CHILD POST-AC2/DURING AC:B WE WOULD NO LONGER BE ABLE TO PLAY AS EZIO, MEANING WE COULD ONLY PLAY AS A CHILD. WHAT YOU ARE IMMPLING MEANS THAT WE DON'T PLAY AS EZIO AND THEREFORE WE WOULD HAVE TO PLAY AS THE CHILD DURING THE 7 YEAR TIME SPAN THE GAME TAKES PLACE. UNLESS THE CHILD WAS BORN IN THE BODY OF A 40 YEAR OLD THAT MEANS THAT ALL THE GAMEPLAY WE HAVE SEEN IS NON-EXISTENT

DeSabellis
10-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Since everyone apparently forgot my last post

Spoiler: Highlight this to read!
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Subject 16's achievement says "IAMALIVE'</span>

Or in plain English:
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Subject 16 is still alive.</span>

In comparison to this, who really cares about any of the other achievements?

primerib69
10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
bro chill the eff out. seriously.

cellether
10-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow dude your right, I am so sorry, I can't believe I forgot that you would stop following Ezio once a baby was conceived, once again my bad dude.

NewBlade200
10-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Ezio cant die because he would have to have a child that was directley rellated to Desmond. It would mean that Ezio would die in a cinematic, and it would mean that its possible for ezio to die anyway. I know he dies at one point but for ubi to show him dieing in a fight, think, he can kill 4-5 men in 5 seconds now. Cesare doesnt stand a chance, NONE STAND A CHANCE. Requiescat in Pace is probobly for killing Cesare and letting his father ''Requiescat in Pace''.

primerib69
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
lost legacy. dont make me say it again guys.

cellether
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
About the lost legacy I was just wondering if the time period of the game has actually been announced, I mean I haven't heard anything about it and it could be like bloodlines was and just tell a story from earlier in Ezio's life.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
10-14-2010, 10:23 PM
About the lost legacy I was just wondering if the time period of the game has actually been announced, I mean I haven't heard anything about it and it could be like bloodlines was and just tell a story from earlier in Ezio's life.

Bloodlines is after AC1

cellether
10-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Yea but what I have heard from on this post is that the reason Ezio can not die in AC:B is because he has to be in Lost Legacy, but can't Lost Legacy be a bridge game between AC 2 and AC:B?

primerib69
10-14-2010, 10:48 PM
no lost legacy is after brotherhood

sandmanssorrow
10-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

EzioAssassin51
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Erm, guys...

Did you ever consider the fact that it's possible for the trophies/achievemnts to be slightly wrong?

I mean, i noticed some differences between two sites i saw with them, so clearly they are not final. But, i highly doubt Ezio will die for Prime's and Oatkeeper's reasons.

It would be stupid anyway IMO for him to die.

Pattington_Bear
10-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Great to see how far the thread has come in my absence.

Guys do not think that i want Ezio to die and due to the amount of evidence being presented I don't think he will, it was just an odd thing that i wanted to discuss with you.

oh cause I'm from the UK i have to read Harry Potter? no. They are just examples, and btw Sherlock was killed in the (supposed) last episode, he was only brought back 10 years later due to the 20,000 un subscribers to the newspaper.

EzioAssassin51
10-15-2010, 02:23 AM
They are just examples, and btw Sherlock was killed in the (supposed) last episode, he was only brought back 10 years later due to the 20,000 un subscribers to the newspaper.

Haha, yeah i heard about that. The author was getting sick of writing about him so he killed him off but was forced to bring him back due to all the complaints! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif