PDA

View Full Version : Can't Bail Out as Bomber Gunner

dbillo
07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I have a couple of "fun missions" that a few friends and I play. We take gunner positions in a flight of He-111s and defend against attacking fighters. Inevitably, our mother ship gets shot up and starts going down, but we can't bail out?

None of us takes the pilot seat...is that the problem? Can only pilots decide to bail out?

Crash_Moses
07-09-2006, 05:00 PM
You can bail out of the gunner's position but the pilot has to be alive and autopilot needs to be off.

danjama
07-09-2006, 05:13 PM
In real life, it was pilots order to bail out

Haigotron
07-09-2006, 07:29 PM
In real life, it was pilots order to bail out

Alas, seems in this game the crew cant think for themselves:

Game: Pilot has been killed

Ventral Gunner: "Erm, what do we do now?"

Side gunner: "Shh, concentrate on aiming"

Copilot: "2000 ft and dropping fast"

Rear Gunner: "Ok, the hot dogs are ready"

Radioman: "Hey, come listen, I think I tapped into Hitler's bedroom.....oh...ew.......EWWWW"

danjama
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Haigotron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In real life, it was pilots order to bail out

Alas, seems in this game the crew cant think for themselves:

Game: Pilot has been killed

Ventral Gunner: "Erm, what do we do now?"

Side gunner: "Shh, concentrate on aiming"

Copilot: "2000 ft and dropping fast"

Rear Gunner: "Ok, the hot dogs are ready"

Radioman: "Hey, come listen, I think I tapped into Hitler's bedroom.....oh...ew.......EWWWW" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

FritzGryphon
07-09-2006, 08:23 PM
If you let the pilot die, you must commit suicide to atone for your dishonor.

MadRuski
07-09-2006, 08:49 PM
wait..so ur saying if the pilot has died and hasent given the order to bail, then the crew have to go down aswell??!?....THATS THE STUPIDST RULE IVE HEARD OF!

roboas
07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
yes, you didn't know that the crew must go down with the pilot?

dbillo
07-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by roboas:
yes, you didn't know that the crew must go down with the pilot?
No, no, it's go down ON the pilot! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Then you can bail out.

But seriously....I tested this a bit. If you join the mission (multiplay coop) as a gunner, you can't bail out. If you start the mission as pilot, you can switch to a gunner position, and you can bail out from a gunner position, and then everybody else will bail out as well. (well actually, a few of them remained slumped over their guns, even though they hadn't been shot) Haven't tested with multiple live players, only myself.

Stackhouse25th
07-09-2006, 09:54 PM
seriously the pilot is dead, the copilot should fly the plane. Why is it if the player is a gunner and HE DIES, and when you switch back to the cockpit and ur pilot is alive but you cant fly the plane. That is stupid.

I find myself taking the gunner positions EVERYTIME because the gunners themselves suck!! Infact they suck so much they would never have passed gunnary school. Ive shot down 4 bandits as a gunner in a B25 in warclouds before, but lo and behold the 5th bandit killed me (tail gunner), and I switch back to the pilots seat and i cant fly.

I understand olegs "if u die, so does the plane" argument, but what up with that!