PDA

View Full Version : Lost pilot careers

jeffmorgan_947
03-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Hi All. Strange thing happened today, for no apprent reason my pilot careers screen has been wiped clean, I had about 6-8 downloaded campaigns with verious airforces,and all in stages of completion and all are now gone ? .

They are still all in the game, all under their respective nationalities, but now I have to select all over again as new careers ? Any idea why this should happen. Cheers. JM.

DKoor
03-28-2011, 05:17 AM
If you haven't backed em up you probably lost everything.
It isn't hard thing to do.
Just copy paste your Missions and Users folder to a safe place frequently (and restore when needed) and this wont happen.

jeffmorgan_947
03-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks DKoor. But why does it happen in the first place ???Cheers. JM.

mortoma
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
I've never lost all my pilots but I have lost one every now and then. You have a folder for each pilot under the Users folder that has an encrypted file in it. Some how those files got corrupted.

Sooocool
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Check your pilot name on the splash screen. If it somehow got changed back to “Mad” or something else it will likely reset defaults and a fresh career screen.

jeffmorgan_947
03-29-2011, 01:52 AM
I,v checked,and the pilot name is still the original,I suppose i should be thankfull, because the last time this happened I lost everything and had to reinstall 46 and all the patches and UP and start from scratch. But thanks to you all. JM.

UKApollo
04-06-2011, 05:27 PM
This happens if you start a campaign, then change the folder name (within Missions/Campaign/..) or delete the folder for that campaign.

It's a dreadful 'feature', you'll lose all your pilot campaigns with no way to get them back unless you have a back-up of your USERS folder.

Apollo

crucislancer
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by UKApollo:
This happens if you start a campaign, then change the folder name (within Missions/Campaign/..) or delete the folder for that campaign.

It's a dreadful 'feature', you'll lose all your pilot campaigns with no way to get them back unless you have a back-up of your USERS folder.

Apollo

This is the most likely cause. It's happened to me a couple of times.

Krush24
04-21-2011, 06:17 AM
I have just started a few campaigns (I only have 1 pilot in use) and noticed that there was only one file in my "Users" Folder but it didn't appear encrypted.

Is that the only folder to backup or am I missing something?

Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif