PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions Regarding After Game Replaying

ebassist
12-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Heya, just got a few questions (as title)

I notice whenever I select to replay a "strand" I have to start from the very beginning of the "mission". I'm assuming this overwrites my previous play.

So for example if I was to replay mission 2, and save 5 civilians where previously I had 9 the replay is how it would be noted in my DNA strand.

I say this because on one or two missions I'm missing one civilian "saved" which is stopping my "perfect strand". Do I therefore have to do the WHOLE mission again including all side missions to get the perfect strand or can I just pick the missions/civilians I missed and the strand will still "remember" my previous achivements.

Regarding searching for flags/Templars, I'm assuming if the above is true the best way to search for them is to replay the last mission (before the final confrontation) when everything is open to me and search then, before going on to complete the game.

I searched but I coulden't seem to find any "free-run mode" where all the cities etc are unlocked so you can search for flags/templars.

From my initial assesment it seems that UBI or whoever has made replaying through for achivements/fun really uneccesserily tiresome. If I want to replay an assasination I have to go through an ENTIRE mission again? And if I just want to "fast track" it and miss civilians and side missions just for the fun of playing it I have to mess up my DNA strand? Rather silly if you ask me?

Thanks in advance for your help

ebassist
12-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Heya, just got a few questions (as title)

I notice whenever I select to replay a "strand" I have to start from the very beginning of the "mission". I'm assuming this overwrites my previous play.

So for example if I was to replay mission 2, and save 5 civilians where previously I had 9 the replay is how it would be noted in my DNA strand.

I say this because on one or two missions I'm missing one civilian "saved" which is stopping my "perfect strand". Do I therefore have to do the WHOLE mission again including all side missions to get the perfect strand or can I just pick the missions/civilians I missed and the strand will still "remember" my previous achivements.

Regarding searching for flags/Templars, I'm assuming if the above is true the best way to search for them is to replay the last mission (before the final confrontation) when everything is open to me and search then, before going on to complete the game.

I searched but I coulden't seem to find any "free-run mode" where all the cities etc are unlocked so you can search for flags/templars.

From my initial assesment it seems that UBI or whoever has made replaying through for achivements/fun really uneccesserily tiresome. If I want to replay an assasination I have to go through an ENTIRE mission again? And if I just want to "fast track" it and miss civilians and side missions just for the fun of playing it I have to mess up my DNA strand? Rather silly if you ask me?

Thanks in advance for your help

ebassist
12-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Jesus guys someones gotta have an answer

Karl_93
12-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Regarding your first question about replaying over- no idea.

Regarding ure comment about how its unnessary- yes it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Though hopefully i do know something that could help you (whoot!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif) well if you load the very last dna strand all cities should be open, the one where you have to assassinate the last 3 guys.

fulukai
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
this question has been asked a thousand times so if you had used the find option you wudve found the answer..

anyway, you cannot replay a specific memory strand, or replay only the assassination part, or free roam easily (without going thru the cutscenes)..you have to redo the whole memory block from start...but the game remembers your previous achievements (e.g. save citizens, templars killed) so you dont have to redo those over