PDA

View Full Version : OT: Can I run Red Baron 3D in Win XP?

Lurch1962
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Soon after buying My 133 MHz Pentium 11 years ago, I picked up RB2, then later upgraded to RB3D with the Super Patch when I "inherited" a Monster 3D card.

I see that some of our esteemed forum mates here still (?) play it. A couple of years ago I installed just the original version on my now much faster comp, but it ran at near-warp speed, and the controls were twitchy.

Is it possible to get it working properly, and if so, what's required?

Thanks!

--Lurch--

Lurch1962
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Soon after buying My 133 MHz Pentium 11 years ago, I picked up RB2, then later upgraded to RB3D with the Super Patch when I "inherited" a Monster 3D card.

I see that some of our esteemed forum mates here still (?) play it. A couple of years ago I installed just the original version on my now much faster comp, but it ran at near-warp speed, and the controls were twitchy.

Is it possible to get it working properly, and if so, what's required?

Thanks!

--Lurch--

mortoma
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Go to www.simhq.com (http://www.simhq.com) forums and they have a thread just for RB3D. There are people who can help. That game brings back fond memories!!! I wish offline campaigns in this day and age could match the atmosphere of that classic. I felt almost as if I were a real airman in a squadron when I played that game. Oh to hear those church bells emanating from the small Belgian villages below me, as I'm off to hunt down German aces.....sigh.

leitmotiv
07-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I wish you luck. I had no success!

Tab_Flettner
07-21-2007, 07:24 AM
No problems running RB3D on XP. I have two installs, one is Hells Angels and the other is Full Canvas Jacket. The only issue I am aware of is sound related, but both of these add-ons address it. As far as stability and playability, there are no major hurdles. I think Vista is going to be the end of the line for it though, IMHO.