PDA

View Full Version : rudder settings?

LoBaron
02-11-2006, 12:44 AM
ok i need some hints from the more veteran underequipped flyers in here:

i dont have rudder pedals but a 3-axis joystick. the default settings are to extreme for my taste (even a smal tilt results in the nose whaggling wildly araound).

anyone can give me some good rudder settings for 3-axis? something like smooth at the start and aggressive at max tilt?

F19_Ob
02-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Perhaps u may get something out of my sticksettings:
http://f19vs.se/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=474

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LoBaron
02-11-2006, 01:47 AM
looks interesting.
any reason why you dont have the max setting to 100?

F19_Ob
02-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Yes, it enables me to pull more on the stick without flipping, especially at slower speeds close to stall I can for example pull an I-16 hard where many people snapstall.
They snapstall because their range of movement on the stick is so small that a few millimeters results in big output.
I switch a lot between planes, and on many u anyway can't pull the whole range of the stick in most situations without flipping.
A wider range gives more room for precise movement.

The downside is that in some planes and in some situations U can't pull as much as others, but these situations are very few and can sometimes be countered with other means than pulling.
It was a long process to come to these settings but so far the best for me.

Others wich have tried the settings have had 100% at first and then gone down a bit to find their preference.

F19_Ob
02-11-2006, 02:56 AM
I forgot to mention the rudder.

The reason for the lower setting is pretty much the same; to get a less sensitive rudder.
The benefit is preciser aiming with less wobbling.

I have to use brakes on the ground to turn but that feels more realistic anyway.

LoBaron
02-11-2006, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:
I forgot to mention the rudder.

The reason for the lower setting is pretty much the same; to get a less sensitive rudder.
The benefit is preciser aiming with less wobbling.

thats the settings i wanted... thx