PDA

View Full Version : input curves in setup

OL_Maverick
04-04-2005, 06:21 PM
---Well it seems a well kept secret that changing the input curve will greatly increase the perforence of your plane. mine is 64-68-72-76-80-84-88-92-96-100.
---Just doing that seemed to increases my planes performence alot. Is there a better setup than that?
---Also what is "filtering"?

OL_Maverick
04-04-2005, 06:21 PM
---Well it seems a well kept secret that changing the input curve will greatly increase the perforence of your plane. mine is 64-68-72-76-80-84-88-92-96-100.
---Just doing that seemed to increases my planes performence alot. Is there a better setup than that?
---Also what is "filtering"?

ColoradoBBQ
04-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Changing the input curve doesn't improve your aircraft performance, it just makes your game flyable to your standard. Some like it all 100 which makes their plane very reactive while others prefer lower for more precise maneuverability.

Filtering is a delay for your controls. If you pull your joystick back, it takes a few instances for the input to catch up.

Tully__
04-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Filtering and deadband are there to compensate for worn or cheap joysticks. Deadband tells the game to ignore the first part of the movement range, filtering tells the game to take average joystick position over a short period of time instead of the current joystick position. The more filtering you add, the longer the period of time over which it is averaged.

For more info, click the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture.