PDA

View Full Version : turn and bank indicator don´t show correct information

grecobd
10-21-2005, 11:09 AM
i love pilot this simulator as than real airplanes and... can i wrong but in a advanced light airplanes when you turn, and i talk about light turns, without "adding rudder" the turn&brake quickly indicates that you is "sliding" out of the ideal curve.can a turn&bank indicator informing less the really necessary?

....hey Oleg...thanks for the best simulator of all the times, i´m a 3d artist and work with cg many hours in my day, but when i arrived in house always game a little.

grecobd
10-21-2005, 11:09 AM
i love pilot this simulator as than real airplanes and... can i wrong but in a advanced light airplanes when you turn, and i talk about light turns, without "adding rudder" the turn&brake quickly indicates that you is "sliding" out of the ideal curve.can a turn&bank indicator informing less the really necessary?

....hey Oleg...thanks for the best simulator of all the times, i´m a 3d artist and work with cg many hours in my day, but when i arrived in house always game a little.

|CoB|_Spectre
10-22-2005, 01:20 PM
You might check your Difficulty level and make sure something didn't default away from Realistic flight model. I rely on my T&B indicator a great deal and it works as it should. Keep in mind the old turn indicator simply indicated you were in a turn and did not provide rate information as do modern turn rate indicators. The slip/skid ball is the same old reliable, low tech ball-in-a-liquid-filled-tube that let's you know if you're out of coordinated flight. Besides giving you a quick rudder reference ("step on the ball" to center it), I use it to gauge how much rudder trim I need to stabilize gun platform. Most people think of the airplane and the guns as two separate things, when in fact the aircraft is the gun platform. With the more realistically modeled torque, slipstream & P-factor of the FM, the demands of proper trimming are magnified. Anyone who has flown prop-driven combat aircraft will tell you trimming is an ongoing thing that lightens control forces and aids in fine tuning aiming. Attitude and power changes require retrimming and there's a lot of that going on during ACM.

grecobd
10-22-2005, 02:07 PM
....my feedback on indicators comes of experiences with instruments in real airplanes, but... modern airplanes, not similar to the used ones at the time. thank's

grecobd
10-22-2005, 02:28 PM
you are right....really in realistic mode a turn&bank indicator looks well.