PDA

View Full Version : O.T. How old is the sattelite photos on GOOGLE EARTH?

Top_Gun_1_0_1
09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm just wondering how old these photos were...can anyone pls give me an answer?

thanks alot! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2006, 05:39 PM
between 0 and 4 years depending on the region.

Top_Gun_1_0_1
09-07-2006, 05:51 PM
south east asia?

LStarosta
09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
look it up, the image copyright is on the bottom of the image.

Pirschjaeger
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
My friend started building his cafe in Bad Staffelstein 5 years ago. In google sat pics, it's foundation is under construction.

Also, in the google sat pics, I'm not a virgin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Fritz

justiceboy
09-07-2006, 11:19 PM
my neighborhood is no more than 4 months old,

How do i know this? When the neighbors got a new white pathfinder, I looked about 3 or 4 months after they got it, I could see it parked in the street with their other vehicles.

Not that old at all.

BiscuitKnight
09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Some are very old: Lake Eppalock in my region is down to 3% capacity, but in the photos it's nearly full. That's circa 1999. I know, you're thinking "How can a lake holding several million megalitres be drained from flooding to 3% in just seven years?" it's mismanagement.

That and the nearby mine is barely a scrape, whereas it's now about 100ft deep, and the clay mine nearby has massive stockpiles, whereas they're now quite small. So yeah, depends on region, but some areas are very old.

F19_Orheim
09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
yeah, for example dubrovnik area is many years old, maybe 5-6

DuxCorvan
09-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Here in Cádiz the thing is about 7 years old... I know because they were making a HUGE city reformation -burying the railroad which divided the city in two, making it subterranean, while making a big avenue over it... many new flat blocks, a massive commercial center, new green areas, etc. In the pics, the works had just started.

BiscuitKnight
09-08-2006, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
Here in Cádiz the thing is about 7 years old... I know because they were making a HUGE city reformation -burying the railroad which divided the city in two, making it subterranean, while making a big avenue over it... many new flat blocks, a massive commercial center, new green areas, etc. In the pics, the works had just started.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif I can imagine why they let Bendigo and its surrounding area remain in poor detail, and very out of date, but isn't Cadiz a large city?

Tully__
09-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
look it up, the image copyright is on the bottom of the image.
The copyright date has little to do with the date the photo was taken. Some of the stuff I've looked at had 2005/6 copyright dates but was at least 5 years old.

Frankenstein000
09-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I haven't owned the white Grand AM parked in my driveway for at least two years. It's still in the satelite photo...

North Toronto area.

Pig_Mac
09-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Also, in the google sat pics, I'm not a virgin.

Fritz

So they have pics from the future too? :P

BiscuitKnight
09-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Xallo_72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Also, in the google sat pics, I'm not a virgin.

Fritz

So they have pics from the future too? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn right they do! I'm in the future right now. Over here it's 1:51 the next day. A bleak and horrible future.

Top_Gun_1_0_1
09-08-2006, 12:51 PM
How about the Vatican and paris area?
It looks so pretty from above!I'm planning to visit that place

Dew-Claw
09-08-2006, 01:13 PM
The pictures over my area are over 10 yrs old.
1 house I lived in is over 10 yrs old, on Google, its a vacant lot....middle of a cornfield actually.

Googles Technology is at least 10 yrs behind the military, maybe more.
My boss was NRO (National Reoconisance Org)
He says 10 yrs ago they could tell wheather you dyed your hair because they could see the color change in your roots of the hair on your head.

They can see what your doing IN your house if they so desire, now with the different spectrums available to them there really is no place to hide.

Big Brother is looking thru your roof.

Osama....
I'm looking at you.

mrsiCkstar
09-08-2006, 01:23 PM
from what I hear, the zoomed in pictures are actually aerial photos, not satellite images.

slipBall
09-08-2006, 01:31 PM
I heard my wife ask the sattelite, if the dress she had on,.... made her look fat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif