PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - Set in WWII?!

SPECTRUMSAM
12-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I have been surfing the internet trying to find information about the Setting for Assassin's Creed 3. Believe it or not, the most common information seen was a direct quote from an interview saying that the third game in the Assassin's Creed Trilogy would be set in World War II.

Please, I beg you, do not go towards such a recent time. The best part of Assassin's Creed (1 and 2) was the fact that you had technology far more advanced than the enemies.

The guards had Swords, Bows and Arrows and little awareness of an Assassin. Having the Historians back up the development of the games, surely you must understand that during the middle ages the intelligence of an average man wasn't as high as one today. Hence they had trouble finding you, they couldn't spot you in a white gown/robe surrounded by oppositely dressed people.

The guards were programmed to 'ignore' the blades you wielded whilst you blended with other monks.

So, if it's set in World War 2, I can take a sure guess that you will be assassinating Nazi Officers. The quarrel between France during the Middle Ages means you might even assassinate a French government body.

The problem is, the two previous times are around 1200 A.D.(AC1) and 1435 A.D. (AC2). We skip 235 years to get to the sequel and now we skip 513 years to get to World War 2, supposedly. Did nothing happen between 1435 and 1948 that could be of relevance? I don't like the fact that the enemy will now be carrying an MP40 or an MG42 instead of a simple sword. It removes the whole thought of being a stealthy assassin with a Hidden Blade!

If AC3 really is going to be set in World War 2, please make sure that the Assassin during that time has advanced technology that should seem alien-like due to the fact that we have jumped a huge gap in time, let's call it a chasm in time because the advancement is so great. From swords to guns? Wow. That's a big advancement. So, for the World War 2 era Assassin, we'll go from guns to - what exactly?

We'll find out when the game will coincidentally be released near the popular day of the 'end of the world', 2012. The game should be released around that time as it will set the scene in the Assassin's Creed Universe. It's what Desmond is supposedly going to prevent. I wonder if Hitler is the reason... Forget about Hitler. Forget about World War 2. I enjoy being in a historical event far behind such technologic advancements like Tanks, Machine Guns and Aeroplanes.

Thank you for reading, I hope you feel the same way so we can give Ubisoft a big nudge to say 'what on Earth are you thinking'.

Still, it's nearly Christmas and i'm getting Assassin's Creed 2 as a present! I can't wait. SO away from the ranting (if you feel I have been doing so), congratulations on a brilliant sequel I have yet to play!

Sam

bokeef04
12-15-2009, 03:45 PM
i believe i know the interview in which you speak, here is Atmon's post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4571090477?r=6761086697#6761086697) on that misquote from Seb Puel

EzioAssassin51
12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
OMG! SEARCH! IT'S SIMPLE! S-E-A-R-C-H! SEARCH!

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED SO MANY TIMES!!! PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD!

Thanks for your opinion though! I agree with you!

An_Idea
12-15-2009, 11:38 PM
actually the intelligence of a man back then was the same as now, he might not have been as learned or his intelligence might not have been tested and used as much but they were every bit as smart as us

zgubilici
12-15-2009, 11:40 PM
AC3 location theories (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1411026608/p/8).

Please continue discussions in the existing thread.

Thanks.