PDA

View Full Version : Everything is the same, new ideas

delmonius
11-25-2007, 07:15 PM
this topic has caught my intention and is the reason i will NOT be buying this game

Note i did hire and play this game and only assassinated 1 target, but i did my reading on the game.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/review-why-assa.html

it's a beautiful looking game and a great idea but it's lacking the true stealth and versatility that an assassin uses, there are no "break into the church and eaves drop in the loft then drop down and kill the guys" missions, no breaking into an armed fortress or house. the 4 information gathering missions are so simple it's not funny

PICKPOCKET, this is fun the first few times but again its the same every time. to pickpocket a target you should watch for the B button on the interface for a pulse/glow, this is the time to steal if you get caught the target should call out for guards and either run from or attack you.

there's no day/night cycle that i am aware of, imo this should be critical to assassinations. if you're willing to wait or given the option to sleep and pick your time to suit you. If you want to go in at daylight with a better chance of being spotted, but less guards inside or vice versa this is what i mean by versatility.

all the missions are the same from articles i have read, why can you not break into houses and fortresses and sneak around climbing on ledges, sneaking in and out of shadowed hiding spots while dodging guards to give a real suspense and feeling of danger. at the moment its press and hold A, ok i'm behind the guy lock on hit X and bail up the wall into the hiding spot.

Tela
11-25-2007, 07:20 PM
You can't find out everything from reading. Try actually PLAYING, and/or completing the game. Beleive it or not, it's an ENTIRELY different experience.

Also consider: SOCIAL STEALTH. For such, shadows are not needed.

delmonius
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
You can't find out everything from reading. Try actually PLAYING, and/or completing the game. Beleive it or not, it's an ENTIRELY different experience.

ugh, i have played it you'd know that if you read what i typed, what i'm saying is, it's all the same, go into a town search for information and do effortless things like eavesdrop and pick pocket or punch someone 4 times then you find your target standing on a platform with armed body gaurds, you kill him and its just like that every time.

Tela
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by delmonius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:

ugh, i have played it you'd know that if you read what i typed, what i'm saying is, it's all the same, go into a town search for information and do effortless things like eavesdrop and pick pocket or punch someone 4 times then you find your target standing on a platform with armed body gaurds, you kill him and its just like that every time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DID read what you said. All of it, actually. What I'm trying to say is...did you play ALL of it? It IS very different. And you don't have to do ALL of the investigations. You can choose which different ones to do, and leave the rest alone.

menasor
11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
im sick to death of people slating this game cause its "repetitive"

seriously, its a computer game. ALL computer games are repetitive. Halo series is shooting people in the face for 3 games. sports games are the same match over and over with different skins on your opponents.

Ubisoft have managed to make a game that has free roaming up the arse, combat is fantastic; and in an age where single player games are suffering for the concept of multiplayer, Assassins Creed is a godsend.

of course its repetitive. if every single part of the game was differnt you'd be whinging cause you couldn't learn any of the techniques before they changed.

and to everyone annoyed at the repetitiveness of it, make a better game youself with no repetition in it and come back to us.

Tela
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by menasor:
im sick to death of people slating this game cause its "repetitive"

seriously, its a computer game. ALL computer games are repetitive. Halo series is shooting people in the face for 3 games. sports games are the same match over and over with different skins on your opponents.

Ubisoft have managed to make a game that has free roaming up the arse, combat is fantastic; and in an age where single player games are suffering for the concept of multiplayer, Assassins Creed is a godsend.

of course its repetitive. if every single part of the game was differnt you'd be whinging cause you couldn't learn any of the techniques before they changed.

and to everyone annoyed at the repetitiveness of it, make a better game youself with no repetition in it and come back to us.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Life's repetetive. People are silly to think games will be otherwise.

Lxndr77
11-25-2007, 10:04 PM

ps is menasor a Transformers fan?

menasor
11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
well spotted! give that man a cookie

Lxndr77
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM

sweetlou280
11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
There has never been a game that hasn't been repetative. Honestly give me one game that isn't:
Racing games...nope
Mario games...hahahaha I don't know how many turtles i've jumped on
Zelda series....same as mario just with arrows and a sword
Any first person shooter...first level you shoot people, last level you are still shooting people
Adventure games...jump to the ledge, swing from rope/vine, shoot and swing sword
Sonic games....loop da loop, line of rings, run, loop da loop, line of rings, run, loop da loop oh wow a line of rings!!!
Super Smash Brother Melee...how many times do I have to press the same combonations of buttons and prettend I have skills?
Action games...Hit the big scary boss in his weak spot (glowing/flashing/red part of the body) what now....oh do it again...and now a third time...ok next boss.
Splinter Cell...shadows, shadows, kill guy, shadows, shadows, kill boss, run away (in the shadows)
Any sport game...score, score, get scored on, score score.
Button Mashers...B,B,B,Y,R1,A,Y,A,L1...run to next mob...B,Y,R1,X,Y,A,L1,X

Must I go on....

Pac man...gobble gobble gobble gobble GHOST, WAH WAH WAH Gobble gobble gobble
RPGs...Kill wild boar...lvl up...kill goblen...collect coin purse...kill dragon...major lvl up...kill wild boar...lvl up

VIDEO GAMES HAVE TO BE REPETATIVE...thats what makes them GAMES and not reality. If you don't like repetative turn on the TV and watch...oh wait:

Game Shows: Same setting, same rules, same stage, same host...different questions but nothing ever changes.
Sitcoms: Haven't made up new jokes since Seinfeld
Sports: Touchdown, basket, homerun, GOOOOAAAAL...same rules, same gameplay barely different outcomes
News: Same stories slowly changing as time goes on...enough with Anna Nichole Smith...she was a druggy and died just like any other Shmuck.
Documentaries: Same planet...nothing much changes ever.

HUMANS LIKE REPETATIVITY!!!! It governs the universe...the earth goes around the sun the same every ****ing year. gravity still works.

menasor
11-25-2007, 10:16 PM
repition forms routine.
routine forms comfort.

Tela
11-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by sweetlou280:
There has never been a game that hasn't been repetative. Honestly give me one game that isn't:
Racing games...nope
Mario games...hahahaha I don't know how many turtles i've jumped on
Zelda series....same as mario just with arrows and a sword
Any first person shooter...first level you shoot people, last level you are still shooting people
Adventure games...jump to the ledge, swing from rope/vine, shoot and swing sword
Sonic games....loop da loop, line of rings, run, loop da loop, line of rings, run, loop da loop oh wow a line of rings!!!
Super Smash Brother Melee...how many times do I have to press the same combonations of buttons and prettend I have skills?
Action games...Hit the big scary boss in his weak spot (glowing/flashing/red part of the body) what now....oh do it again...and now a third time...ok next boss.
Splinter Cell...shadows, shadows, kill guy, shadows, shadows, kill boss, run away (in the shadows)
Any sport game...score, score, get scored on, score score.
Button Mashers...B,B,B,Y,R1,A,Y,A,L1...run to next mob...B,Y,R1,X,Y,A,L1,X

Must I go on....

Pac man...gobble gobble gobble gobble GHOST, WAH WAH WAH Gobble gobble gobble
RPGs...Kill wild boar...lvl up...kill goblen...collect coin purse...kill dragon...major lvl up...kill wild boar...lvl up

VIDEO GAMES HAVE TO BE REPETATIVE...thats what makes them GAMES and not reality. If you don't like repetative turn on the TV and watch...oh wait:

Game Shows: Same setting, same rules, same stage, same host...different questions but nothing ever changes.
Sitcoms: Haven't made up new jokes since Seinfeld
Sports: Touchdown, basket, homerun, GOOOOAAAAL...same rules, same gameplay barely different outcomes
News: Same stories slowly changing as time goes on...enough with Anna Nichole Smith...she was a druggy and died just like any other Shmuck.
Documentaries: Same planet...nothing much changes ever.

HUMANS LIKE REPETATIVITY!!!! It governs the universe...the earth goes around the sun the same every ****ing year. gravity still works.

Sriously, to the Pacman bit: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Love.

Said this before, but will repeat:

Once upon a time, there was a game that was not like the others: it was not repetetive. Gamers played the game but complained; the game jumped around too much, and was confusing. Gamers did not like.

The end.