PDA

View Full Version : Personal Assassin

Devil-Trojan001
08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, I've been hearing a lot about for some time now and was wondering if any of you have heard any more information on Ezio's "personal assassin"?

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 12:02 PM
What are you talking about?

There is no personal assassin.

Are you talking about the brotherhood or what?

Murcuseo
08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

Are you talking about the brotherhood or what?

I think that's the idea aye.

@OP: Have a look in here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8031037178) chief, plenty of info there to get you up to speed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NuclearFuss
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
He's right, Ubi did say something about it but they haven't given us any info, they just mentioned it. This is on the Brotherhood wiki:

So far, it is known that you will be able to train at least twelve assassins, male or female, at a time and possibly bring up to five, including the "personal Assassin," on missions.

and also:

Also mentioned was the ability to select an Assassin as Ezio's "personal Assassin," though no further information about this was given.

thekyle0
08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I believe there was a brief mention of Ezio having a personal assassin in one of the E3 interviews. Although I haven't bothered to find it. It wasn't something like a label put over one of the Brotherhood members saying, "This one is you personal assassin." It was described to be more of a player's choice to personally prefer one of the assassins and keep him available for Ezio to call on through the BAM system.

Murcuseo
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I hadn't actually heard a thing about this PA, unfortunate acronym that. It's an interesting concept. Hopefully we'll hear more about it soon.

souNdwAve89
08-31-2010, 01:12 PM
The BAM system allows you to call out the help of other assassins, but after they finish helping you, they disappear until you call for their help later on. My guess is that the personal assassin is someone that follows where ever you go? It's like how you can hire thieves, mercenaries, or courtesans to follow and help you until you tell them to stop.

NuclearFuss
08-31-2010, 01:46 PM
^ Yeah but that's pointless, because they attack instantly, and they're following you all the time, you just don't see them. So one following you all the time, is no different.

souNdwAve89
08-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Not exactly. Like in AC2, you can tell your hired group to stop and to start following you again. If Ubisoft does make a personal assassin like any hired group then I'm sure they know the problems it will have if they don't tweak with it.

SBRedFlag
08-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Not exactly. Like in AC2, you can tell your hired group to stop and to start following you again. If Ubisoft does make a personal assassin like any hired group then I'm sure they know the problems it will have if they don't tweak with it.

I don't think that's how it's going to work. More likely, it will be an assassin that you might not be able to send on missions after a certain point and you can use the BAM system to call for his/her aid in combat.

souNdwAve89
08-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:

I don't think that's how it's going to work. More likely, it will be an assassin that you might not be able to send on missions after a certain point and you can use the BAM system to call for his/her aid in combat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how is that a personal assassin then? It's still the same as the BAM system where you call out 3-4 assassins to help. Instead of 3-4, you call out only 1.

EzioAssassin51
09-01-2010, 01:30 AM
^ True!

Possibly, these guys are better than the others? But so far our speculation completely defeats the purpose of this dude.

SBRedFlag
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:

I don't think that's how it's going to work. More likely, it will be an assassin that you might not be able to send on missions after a certain point and you can use the BAM system to call for his/her aid in combat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how is that a personal assassin then? It's still the same as the BAM system where you call out 3-4 assassins to help. Instead of 3-4, you call out only 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang on, do you know for sure that you can assassins in for combat? We know that they can attack people for you, but all they do is throw smokebombs and have you dispatch the enemies or actually stealth kill them. In combat, maybe only your personal assassin can join you and actually fight. This brings up the issue of death: can your personal assassin die?

Maybe that's what he is, exactly like all of your other assassins except he can't die or do missions while he has that position.

Either that, or we're completely wrong, and he's called a personal assassin because you can send him to do missions on his own and he has a much higher chance of success than any other individual assassin.

itsamea-mario
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
also, maybe he can be used on some missions, and not just called in for a fight, i mean actually help, perhaps, he can aid you when doing things like puzzles, if he can't die then maybe he has some importance to the story aswell.

Ghostheldap
09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Hang on, do you know for sure that you can assassins in for combat? We know that they can attack people for you, but all they do is throw smokebombs and have you dispatch the enemies or actually stealth kill them. In combat, maybe only your personal assassin can join you and actually fight. This brings up the issue of death: can your personal assassin die?

Maybe that's what he is, exactly like all of your other assassins except he can't die or do missions while he has that position.

Either that, or we're completely wrong, and he's called a personal assassin because you can send him to do missions on his own and he has a much higher chance of success than any other individual assassin.

Check out the gamescom demo. He clearly calls in assassins to help him take care of the guards hassling the citizen. They fight and everything, much like the Mercenari.

Only ten times cooler. XD

SBRedFlag
09-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Ghostheldap:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hang on, do you know for sure that you can assassins in for combat? We know that they can attack people for you, but all they do is throw smokebombs and have you dispatch the enemies or actually stealth kill them. In combat, maybe only your personal assassin can join you and actually fight. This brings up the issue of death: can your personal assassin die?

Check out the gamescom demo. He clearly calls in assassins to help him take care of the guards hassling the citizen. They fight and everything, much like the Mercenari.

Only ten times cooler. XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

The Assassin's don't fight in the Gamescom demo, they throw down smokebombs and pretend to fight or just stand still while you kill all the guards. Notice that they did not kill a single guard once the combat actually started.
I mean, THEY JUST STOOD THERE after they threw the smoke bomb, instead of finishing the guards off.

And no, they're not cooler than the Mercenari, because at least you saw them fight. with these Assassins, you see magical people being impervious to smokebombs while guards cough and you stab them.

masterfenix2009
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Well, I always thought the first new brothood member would be a main character. Maybe thats ur personal assassin.

NewBlade200
09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
perhaps it is an assassin that can still help you after you run out of BAM, but he can only help you in a fight and cant throw smoke bombs or fire arrows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

SBRedFlag
09-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
perhaps it is an assassin that can still help you after you run out of BAM, but he can only help you in a fight and cant throw smoke bombs or fire arrows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

This would make sense.

Well, I always thought the first new brothood member would be a main character. Maybe thats ur personal assassin.

This is also not unlikely. Are you thinking about Jonathan from MGS Portable Ops? Because that's what's brought to my mind.