PDA

View Full Version : SC:C set in Malta......Why not AC3 too???

Shadow120992
05-14-2010, 06:01 AM
I have very recently learned that Splinter Cell : Conviction sees us playing as Sam and travelling to Malta...our very own little island....

Now by doing so Ubisoft has obiously made me realise that we are not so invisible to the entire world...(also I was quite happy to learn that i would be playing as Sam on home turf XP)

So my request to Ubisoft is....why not consider using Malta as a location for a future Assassin's Creed game??? The Knights of St John came here to Malta and as far as i know...they can be said to be templars yes???? Also...while they were still here...there was a big war between the knights and the local ppl...and the Turks that invaded.....known as THE GREAT SEIGE.....which i think could be quite a good setting for an AC game =/

Pls comment and reply

NuclearFuss
05-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Conviction had only one or two levels in Malta, and was chosen purely because it is quite isolated. Plus, the AC games have always been at important moments in history (the Third Crusade and the Renaissance). Malta hasn't anything nearly as important.

Noccifer
05-14-2010, 10:04 AM
And stop making this thread.

Shadow120992
05-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Sackboy411 : I believe The Great Siege to be quite an important part of History seeing as The Knights of St. John had come over to Malta and helped to keep the island safe from the Turks....[ppl have been mentioning the french revolution and others and as such...this is equally as important]

Also Malta played a very big part in World War 2 (i know they probably wont go there im just saying)....and if u dig deep enough u'll find soe interesting facts about the history of the islands

Noccifer : pls shut up...i only reposted this since a mod suggested i post it here instead of in the general section.....seriously if u dnt want to pay attention to this thread...just press that little red cross at the top-right of ur window =]

itsamea-mario
05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
yeah you have to dig, pretty much everybody has heard of the crusades and renaisance, not so much te great siege.

besides i dont really want AC3 the be inj the past again.

Shadow120992
05-14-2010, 01:33 PM
True....but u cant blame a guy for trying eh XD

JohnConnor2012
05-14-2010, 01:45 PM
The Great Siege is pretty impressive as history if you read up on it. Not so sure about working it up to be AC3 as a whole though. It's a century of AC2's timeline and would Ezio / whoever be siding with the Turks (invaders who lost) or the Knights of St. John (latter-day Templars)?

Vampire28
05-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
yeah you have to dig, pretty much everybody has heard of the crusades and renaisance, not so much te great siege.

That is crazy. The setting and history in Assassins Creed is one of the most intresting aspects of the game. I think more of Desmond in the present would be cool, but not get rid of the animus and history all together.

albertwesker22
05-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Shadow120992:
I have very recently learned that Splinter Cell : Conviction sees us playing as Sam and travelling to Malta...our very own little island....

Now by doing so Ubisoft has obiously made me realise that we are not so invisible to the entire world...(also I was quite happy to learn that i would be playing as Sam on home turf XP)

So my request to Ubisoft is....why not consider using Malta as a location for a future Assassin's Creed game??? The Knights of St John came here to Malta and as far as i know...they can be said to be templars yes???? Also...while they were still here...there was a big war between the knights and the local ppl...and the Turks that invaded.....known as THE GREAT SEIGE.....which i think could be quite a good setting for an AC game =/

Pls comment and reply

Yawn!

No I'm joking. Assassin's Creed want to go to places more unexplored in games. Malta seems to fit the bill there, but they go for iconic cities. Venice, Dalmascus, Rome, I can't see it happening.

Malinchak
05-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
This doesn't make sense. AC is unique because of the historical gameplay, if you want to play AC in the present time play SC.

jmk1999
05-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by NL.Edic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
This doesn't make sense. AC is unique because of the historical gameplay, if you want to play AC in the present time play SC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
agreed... i don't find the present day stuff to be quite as interesting. and as for the idea of it being set in WWII... i'd kinda prefer it to be set in maybe turn of the century early 1900s or something. i think we get too much WWII exposure on TV, games, etc... and that would be a bit TOO close to desmond's time line. but... who knows for sure. i guess we'll see. i just wanna see something new. the italian renaissance was new to me in games... so it would be cool to keep going that route. actually, now that i think about it... the revolutionary war and colonial time period might be perfect... it seems like an intriguing enough and integral part of history that would make for some good stories. not to mention, you got ben franklen who could fill in for leonardo da vinci as the acting decoder and inventor, plus a whole slew of famous faces... also it's far enough in history that you can comfortably change key events a bit to fit the storyline and fit in the character.