PDA

View Full Version : Making it Back...

WWIIOL_toof
12-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey d00ds, long-time player, first-time poster. just wanted to hear some stories about you guys just barely making it back to the carrier.

I'll start it off.

I was playing the coral sea campaign i think as a Zeke pilot. We'd been flying for quite a while when we spotted some Wildcats about 1000ft below. I split- essed and dove straight behind one soon-to-ded wildcat. When all of a sudden, my wings went aflutterin'.

Lo and behold both my ailerons were gone.
Without having fired a shot at the enemy, i was running home, minus any horizontal control.

I finally made it to the carrier (making small direction adjustments with the rudder), and put down flaps and gear and hook.

By approaching on a very gentle curve with the rudder, I had a good view all the way in so i didn't need to make huge adjustments (which i couldn't have if i wanted to). Well I freaked and overshot the cables (didn't want to come close to stalling).

I had to ram the throttle for the go-around. Minus ailerons, i made a wide 360 and tried again, this time a little slower.

I caught the wire and was safe.

No ailerons. Full Real mode.

Was pretty proud, but was to preoccupied to save the track (D'OH!)

PS. is there a Screenshot key?

DarkCanuck420
12-16-2004, 09:02 PM
i havnt been playing for long. most of the time damaged or not each landing has its own disasters. i only make around 50% successful landings. i can take off though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

F4U_Flyer
12-16-2004, 11:54 PM
"PS. is there a Screenshot key? "

Just get fraps , it's much easier. you can do small tracks and assign a keystroke for screenshots and grab as many as you want. Plus you can see your fps too!