PDA

View Full Version : A couple of legit questions, with a rant in the middle

Ki_Rin
06-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Pretty sad, due to many reasons, I have not been keeping abreast (or even athigh!) of developments in PF...only seeing Ilya's update at IL2 site, have I ever remembered PF, hehe...

Its stated in Ilya's update that PF ac will have sliding canopies....my question about this is, will an open canopy affect flight dynamics?

More importantly, from a quick look at a thread, it SEEMS to me, that 1c will be porducing PF as a stand alone game, that to play it, one must leave FB and go to a separate lobby...that PF will NOT be like AEP, able to expand onto the existing FB game....

I will brief, as I m sure it has already been covered by many here...but...what on earht is 1C thinking? purely $$$ driven, at the cost of possibly dividing the community?...I dunno if its a technical reason, but it smacks of "short term gouging", to me...if this is the case, then FOR SHAME, 1C, FOR SHAME...

Can PF not be joined to FB so every feature may be enjoyed?...would not tying the two together also add sales for FB?...gotta have one, to have the other, kinda thing?....

the IL2/FB series are great games, but SO many snarls, and questionable policies.....not to mention several patches that fly from one extremem to another...seems to becoming less a case of IL2/FB head and shoulders above the rest, to IL2/FB, the lesser of two evils...(vs CFS series, hehe)...1C needs to listen to the community closer, not to say they dont entirely, of course, but still to be more attentive....cuz surely the day will come, ONE day, when a new sim will debut, at IL2/FB/PF/BoB's expense, as it did to the ones it displaced, like the simpler, yet more purely FUN EAW, Janes WWII Fighters, Warbirds, SDOE, CFS series (tho CFS still a good following) et al...

One mor ething...I havent seen if there is or not, but do the PF developers have any sort of parameters as to which ac types will be allowed into PF?...can one expect to see any sort of unflown, untested, non-production, non-combat flown, or proposed "paper" types, as seen in FB with the 109Z, B1, etc?...just wondering....the idea of seeing a shinden vs a bearcat is a nice one, but at the same time, the idea of silliness like the 109Z sickens me.....is there any kind of criteria to be followed fo rallowable types to be modeled in PF, or just whatever one a 3rd party modeler throws at them for free? inquiring minds (or even half-minds) want to know...TY! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

"Consequences are for lesser beings; I am Ki-Rin...that is sanction enough"

Ki_Rin
06-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Pretty sad, due to many reasons, I have not been keeping abreast (or even athigh!) of developments in PF...only seeing Ilya's update at IL2 site, have I ever remembered PF, hehe...

Its stated in Ilya's update that PF ac will have sliding canopies....my question about this is, will an open canopy affect flight dynamics?

More importantly, from a quick look at a thread, it SEEMS to me, that 1c will be porducing PF as a stand alone game, that to play it, one must leave FB and go to a separate lobby...that PF will NOT be like AEP, able to expand onto the existing FB game....

I will brief, as I m sure it has already been covered by many here...but...what on earht is 1C thinking? purely $$$ driven, at the cost of possibly dividing the community?...I dunno if its a technical reason, but it smacks of "short term gouging", to me...if this is the case, then FOR SHAME, 1C, FOR SHAME...

Can PF not be joined to FB so every feature may be enjoyed?...would not tying the two together also add sales for FB?...gotta have one, to have the other, kinda thing?....

the IL2/FB series are great games, but SO many snarls, and questionable policies.....not to mention several patches that fly from one extremem to another...seems to becoming less a case of IL2/FB head and shoulders above the rest, to IL2/FB, the lesser of two evils...(vs CFS series, hehe)...1C needs to listen to the community closer, not to say they dont entirely, of course, but still to be more attentive....cuz surely the day will come, ONE day, when a new sim will debut, at IL2/FB/PF/BoB's expense, as it did to the ones it displaced, like the simpler, yet more purely FUN EAW, Janes WWII Fighters, Warbirds, SDOE, CFS series (tho CFS still a good following) et al...

One mor ething...I havent seen if there is or not, but do the PF developers have any sort of parameters as to which ac types will be allowed into PF?...can one expect to see any sort of unflown, untested, non-production, non-combat flown, or proposed "paper" types, as seen in FB with the 109Z, B1, etc?...just wondering....the idea of seeing a shinden vs a bearcat is a nice one, but at the same time, the idea of silliness like the 109Z sickens me.....is there any kind of criteria to be followed fo rallowable types to be modeled in PF, or just whatever one a 3rd party modeler throws at them for free? inquiring minds (or even half-minds) want to know...TY! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Latico
06-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I believe that "stand alone" means that PF will run by itself without the need to purchase FB/AEP.

Ki_Rin
06-18-2004, 06:20 PM
So sorry...I understand now...but will we be able to go to FB lobby at hyperlobby, for instance, and join a df server that combines ac and features of PF, with those of FB?...can PF be as AAEP, an expansion, or add-on to FB?...or will some ppl be "over there" in PF, and other "over here" in FB?...will I have 2 separate game on my HD?

Latico
06-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Those concerns are unclear at this time. If I read correctly the engines for FB/AEP and PF are diferent. This may mean that we will not beable to move planes from on to the other, but again this is not clear, yet.