PDA

View Full Version : Should you buy PT

MiamiEagle
11-03-2004, 10:17 AM
I read a review this mornning on wether one should buy PT or not buy it. Most of what the reviewer wrote was a correct assesment of PF. Its true that PF is imcomplete game out of the box. Its true many of the planes flying characteristic are inacurate. There are far to few single missions and the Dynamic Campaing leave much to be desire.There are far to few flayable to make as for now to make worth while. But also sense a bit of hostility from the reviewer as I continue reading this article. I have rever read such a nagative review from commentator about a new porduct as I have read in this one. Not even when CFS3 was release. And that one really was a poor WW11 flight Simulator in my humble opinion.

Iam under the impression the this reviewer is hoping that new Sim would fails. You can sense when someone is reviewing something with negative eye.

Be patient folks . This product will improve . It will be a great product in due time.
Then you will be able to enjoy the true nature of what it really was like to fly and fight in World war 11 in the air.

World war 11 was fought all over the world and not just in Europe.

It was fought in Western Europe, Estern Europe, Mediterrenean , Pacific, Asia, and the Atltantic Ocean.

I get impression that many in Western Europe act and behave as the only important phase of World war 11 was in Europe.

I am sorry but you are wrong. Now lets enjoy what we already have . Let hope by next they can finnish the BOB and perhaps they will include the Mediterrenean Theater as well. But first Finish the Pacific install with all the patches it needs before you go to the next phase.

I have the most respect for Oleg . I am confident that this product will improve over time with the new pathchess.

Thank you Miamieagle

Chuck_Older
11-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Pacific Fighters

lol, I think you're thinking "Pacific Theatre" when you're trying to type "PF" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dash_8
11-03-2004, 10:33 AM
I have been playing IL2 since the original all the way now to my current FB+AEP+PF set up and this simulation series has never let me down. It has been worth every dollar I've payed and then some. Every serious bug has been fixed with patches throughout the whole series and I expect PF will be the same way.

I usually wait on all other games prices to come down before buying them, BUT not Flight Simulations. I love good flight sims (I even called in sick to work to play PF! I'd rather fly a virtual War Bird than a commuter airliner anyday! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) and always pay top dollar for them right at release. Its my way of supporting the genre and hope by giving them money, flight simulations will continue to be created and improved. PF is extremely fun the way it is now and will only get better I am sure.

MiamiEagle
11-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Another observation I made the other day as I was browsing in a Barnes and Noble . I picked up Computer Pilot Magazine . I looked for a single Article on the Pacific Fighter. Non was was writtten. I wonder Why? . I did not buy it for the same reason.

PC has written only one article on this new product evendow it has been uderdevelopment for over one year. One wonder Why?

VF51_Flatspin
11-03-2004, 10:54 AM
I have my beef with the dynamic campaign as well however, the rest of the sim is amazing and exceeds my expectations. Personally, I use the offline campaign as a training arena to familiarize myself with planes' characteristics so I can be a formiddable loser online.

Perhapse this reviewer is disgruntled for some strange reason, maybe his wife doesn't give it up enough, maybe his dog pooped in his favorite loafers...I don't know.

I would say to anyone who enjoys flight sims to run (don't walk) to their nearest game supplier and slap down the money (preferably with a big $hit-eating grin) and start flying!

Disclaimer: PF is a different and new game. My personal experience is that the learning curve is just as difficult as IL-2 was for me when I got it years ago. But that's the kind of challenge I enjoy!