PDA

View Full Version : modern assassin



martinimarts11
06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
i am of the understanding that assassins creed was going to be a trilogy.
i am also of the understanding that the modern assassins were training desmond to be an assassin.
so i assumed that the third and final assassins creed would be taking place in moodern times
but according to the trailers and E3 demos...it isnt?
can anybody explain this?
what about the templars plan to launch a setellite witha piece of eden strapped to it on the 21/12/2012?

and on an unrelated matter. where can i get one of the t-shirts the E3 single player demo guy(far right) is wearing?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZlC_PYtoDo

Deathgrim666
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
ac:b is not 3 its more about ezio like right after 2 this game starts.

martinimarts11
06-29-2010, 08:57 PM
so its like a spinoff (like fallout new vegas isnt fallout 4)
which means theres gonna be another one? YAY!

lilbacchant
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by martinimarts11:
so its like a spinoff (like fallout new vegas isnt fallout 4)
which means theres gonna be another one? YAY!

Correct. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Pelotero_10
06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by martinimarts11:
so its like a spinoff (like fallout new vegas isnt fallout 4)
which means theres gonna be another one? YAY!

I could've told you that; I mean the way the story's playing out I would expect there to be at least a Fourth or even a Fifth game after ACII (and definitely a movie!), and if it turned out that ubisoft ended up giving up on Desmond's story of becoming a master assassin, then i would be extremely disappointed!
...
Once you start a story you can't stop 'til 'The End'; it's just the way it is, you feel me?

EmperorxZurg
06-30-2010, 12:19 AM
no. Desmond's story ends for sure at 3 Pelo. Patrice said so. But you can expect many spin offs, maybe showing the stories of other assassins. Just know that Desmond won't be in 'em unless it's like a reference. Like Jack in Bioshock 2

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Ok so it wont be Desmond (hes a bellend anyway) but what about a Subject 18 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

martinimarts11
06-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Ok so it wont be Desmond (hes a bellend anyway) but what about a Subject 18 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
if i remember correctly im pretty sure the templar trailer said something about introducing a whole lot more "subjects"
so no subject 18. he'll be an employee of abstergo.not a prisoner like subject 16 and desmond (and all previous subjects most likely)
i think at least

reecethebest
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
no. Desmond's story ends for sure at 3 Pelo. Patrice said so. But you can expect many spin offs, maybe showing the stories of other assassins. Just know that Desmond won't be in 'em unless it's like a reference. Like Jack in Bioshock 2

but didn't patrice leave (i cant beleive he left, i liked him) so it's not up to him anymore

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by martinimarts11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Ok so it wont be Desmond (hes a bellend anyway) but what about a Subject 18 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
if i remember correctly im pretty sure the templar trailer said something about introducing a whole lot more "subjects"
so no subject 18. he'll be an employee of abstergo.not a prisoner like subject 16 and desmond (and all previous subjects most likely)
i think at least </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok mate well that being said how did the team at UBI/AC developers come up with subject 16/17 what happened to Subjects 1-15 dead now obviously, b ut do we know what storys/periods of history these subjects covered? Maybe there is something expalained in "the Truth" section of AC2 that i am missing no??

El_Sjietah
06-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Subjects 1-15 were probably suffering from all sorts of side effects from a buggy Animus. I think it wasn't until subject 16 that they got some solid results and could effectively delve into the subject's genetic memory by pinpointing certain sequences to explore.

Ru1986
06-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Subjects 1-15 were probably suffering from all sorts of side effects from a buggy Animus. I think it wasn't until subject 16 that they got some solid results and could effectively delve into the subject's genetic memory by pinpointing certain sequences to explore.

Ahhhh yea that makes sense so do we think they would have tried to persure Altair in AC1 with subjets 1-15 as in they are all ancestors opf the same family or do we think they would have tried other periods of history?

Also what do we think went wrong with the Animus that they would have used for subjects 1-15 "or is it Animi, LUCY"??

martinimarts11
06-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Also what do we think went wrong with the Animus that they would have used for subjects 1-15 "or is it Animi, LUCY"??
ummm they asplode?
maybe the animuses buggy effects caused the memories to muck up and the ancestors had weird seisures and died and then the subjects disapeared because their ancestor died and they were thus, never born... maybe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pelotero_10
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
no. Desmond's story ends for sure at 3 Pelo. Patrice said so. But you can expect many spin offs, maybe showing the stories of other assassins. Just know that Desmond won't be in 'em unless it's like a reference. Like Jack in Bioshock 2

But that doesn't make any sense...the whole reason for these games was so that the assassin's and templars in the present could understand what happened in the past, and use that to their advantages in the present, right? I mean, in the first game, the templars made Desmond relive Altair's life so that they could use that to their advantage against the Assassin's in the present, and then, in the second game, they even spoke about Desmond gaining his ancestor, Ezio's, abilities! It only makes sense, that's all i'm saying because if they do anything otherwise then it's misleading!
...
Then why would they, the creators, even involve Desmond at all??? In that case, they should've just made the games based off of Altair's and Ezio's lives, and NOT Desmond interacting and learning from his ancestors.
...
Just think about it; I have a valid point.

El_Sjietah
06-30-2010, 01:03 PM
That's probably exactly what will happen after AC3. Desmond's story is done by then, so we won't need him anymore for any future games. It doesn't contradict what Disturbed posted though.

Pelotero_10
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Ahhhh yea that makes sense so do we think they would have tried to persure Altair in AC1 with subjets 1-15 as in they are all ancestors opf the same family or do we think they would have tried other periods of history?

Also what do we think went wrong with the Animus that they would have used for subjects 1-15 "or is it Animi, LUCY"??[/QUOTE]

There is a large range of possibilities, and can only be thoroughly explained by the creators; it's up to them to explain the entire story, and make it all flow (and make sense).
...
But, if i had to take a guess, you always have to remember that NEW technology only comes from enhancing the OLD. Meaning, before Desmond, and subject 16, all of the other test subjects could have failed due to "bum" tech. and eventually over the course of time, the Templar scientist figured that not only did they have to upgrade the performance, and fix the bugs in the older versions of the Animuses/ Animi, they also had to eliminate the percent error factored in by human imperfections (Leaving the subjects in the Animus for several hours/ days for example).

Pelotero_10
06-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
That's probably exactly what will happen after AC3. Desmond's story is done by then, so we won't need him anymore for any future games. It doesn't contradict what Disturbed posted though.

Well, we just have to wait 'n see hoe the story plays out in AC: Brotherhood...I hope for the BEST!