PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Jean Francois Boivin???

KrYpToNiC95
06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I haven't heard anything, did he leave Ubisoft or is he just hiding from us at this point. Sorry if it has been mentioned and If I have just made a fool of myself...

kriegerdesgottes
06-09-2011, 09:14 PM
He left and joined Patrice at THQ. I am wondering where Vincent Pontbriandt and everyone else is. This whole team seems to be new to me. I did see Gaelec Simard still there.

twenty_glyphs
06-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
He left and joined Patrice at THQ. I am wondering where Vincent Pontbriandt and everyone else is. This whole team seems to be new to me. I did see Gaelec Simard still there.

The likely and hopeful answer is that a lot of the team is working on Assassin's Creed III right now. For that to be the big, epic conclusion to the 2012 story they need to be cranking on it even now. If I was managing this train, I would probably get a good amount of fresh people working on Revelations while the veterans work on AC3 and get to go at a little slower pace for right now to recover from the last two games.

I would bet that Revelations has been in the works for almost a year now already. Alexandre Amancio's LinkedIn résumé lists him as a creative director at Ubisoft since July of 2010, so it's likely been since at least then. Plus, so much of Brotherhood's story seems to exist to create mystery and set up Revelations.

KrYpToNiC95
06-10-2011, 04:11 AM
What about Yohalem??

ShaneO7K
06-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Patrice was great, wish he was still part of the team.

kriegerdesgottes
06-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

The likely and hopeful answer is that a lot of the team is working on Assassin's Creed III right now. For that to be the big, epic conclusion to the 2012 story they need to be cranking on it even now. If I was managing this train, I would probably get a good amount of fresh people working on Revelations while the veterans work on AC3 and get to go at a little slower pace for right now to recover from the last two games.

I would bet that Revelations has been in the works for almost a year now already. Alexandre Amancio's LinkedIn résumé lists him as a creative director at Ubisoft since July of 2010, so it's likely been since at least then. Plus, so much of Brotherhood's story seems to exist to create mystery and set up Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I'm hoping you are right on this one. They did say they brought in an additional two teams to help so I hope they are using those people to get a head start on ACIII because that game really does need to be big and it's no secret it'll be out in November 2012.

souNdwAve89
06-10-2011, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I would bet that Revelations has been in the works for almost a year now already. Alexandre Amancio's LinkedIn résumé lists him as a creative director at Ubisoft since July of 2010, so it's likely been since at least then. Plus, so much of Brotherhood's story seems to exist to create mystery and set up Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I'm hoping you are right on this one. They did say they brought in an additional two teams to help so I hope they are using those people to get a head start on ACIII because that game really does need to be big and it's no secret it'll be out in November 2012. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I hope twenty_glyphs' theory is right as well! 2 teams for AC3? I thought it was for ACR? I know that Ubisoft is telling other Ubisoft studios around the globe to help on ACR.

kriegerdesgottes
06-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't know exactly what the other two teams are doing but I just hope that someone is already working on ACIII to some degree cuz like I said that game really needs to be on par with if not much better than ACII and that's going to be a big challenge bringing in a whole new time, setting, and character.

kimi_
06-11-2011, 07:13 AM
As kriegerdesgotte said, JF no longer works at Ubisoft.

Vincent & Gaelec are still at Ubi MTL.

Jeffery is still at Ubi MTL, but I'm unsure if he's the scriptwriter on ACR.

Alex is a great guy, I worked with him on Far Cry 2.

Saw Patrice at E3, he's looking as handsome as always http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

kriegerdesgottes
06-11-2011, 09:14 AM
awesome, that's good to hear. I was hoping patrice would talk a little about what he was working on at e3. Alex seems good to me I think he'll do a good job and he seems to be into it and know what he's doing.

Azula2005
06-11-2011, 09:22 AM
BUT WE STILL GOT GABE!!!!<3

And i really like the new people!!
Alex Amancio!

Dizlol
06-11-2011, 09:26 AM
How about Corey May? :O

KrYpToNiC95
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Good to hear, thanks

Cpt_Yanni
06-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
How about Corey May? :O

2nd that... I'm wondering the same..

ShaneO7K
06-12-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't know exactly what the other two teams are doing but I just hope that someone is already working on ACIII to some degree cuz like I said that game really needs to be on par with if not much better than ACII and that's going to be a big challenge bringing in a whole new time, setting, and character.

Heard in an interview at E3 that their teams overlap eachother when making AC games, so they possibly could have had a few people working on it after AC2 and then after ACB more people went to it and probably close to the release of ACR most of its team will have gone to help in AC3.

I think they know how important the final chapter in the original trilogy is and how much people are expecting from it. And i'm guessing they the story of ACB and ACR worked out since AC2.

kriegerdesgottes
06-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah I think so too. I think they know the expectations of ACIII I just kind of wish someone would come out and kind of give us a hint that it's in some sort of development phase or how that is going to work.