PDA

View Full Version : New Gameplay footage (spoilers ...maybe)

Pistol_Chimp
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Some new demo...the quality is not too good and its in french but beggars cant be choosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqMVL75vQ8

Sarari
10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Damn, that is some very bad quality.

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Well that was interesting. Might want to put a Spoiler tag in the title though.

Pistol_Chimp
10-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah I know the quality really sucks..and as for the spoiler thing..I thought saying "new gameplay footage" would imply that there might be spoilers... what with the words "new" and "gameplay"... but I'll take your advise.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:09 PM
That's one short mission though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
How serious are the spoilers? Are they plot related?

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
How serious are the spoilers? Are they plot related? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It shows the whole seal mission with the boat that was featured in a few other trailers. So an entire mission.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
The mission took about 10 minutes....that's sad.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
How serious are the spoilers? Are they plot related? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It shows the whole seal mission with the boat. So an entire mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alright then I'm not going to watch it.

Pistol_Chimp
10-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

Hows that much different from the lair of Romulus missions?..they were pretty quick and then you collected a key at the end.

Animuses
10-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Once I saw the mission start I closed the tab, I am doing my best to stay away from spoilers and I'm doing a damn good job so far.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pistol_Chimp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Hows that much different from the lair of Romulus missions?..they were pretty quick and then you collected a key at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I expected them to be at least 5-10 min longer.

phoenix-force411
10-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't want to watch it! BIG SPOILER for me! I just like watching things that Ubisoft puts up so that spoilers remain at zero or minimal!

phoenix-force411
10-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Pistol_Chimp:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarari:

Hows that much different from the lair of Romulus missions?..they were pretty quick and then you collected a key at the end.[/QUOTE

Seems like you Spoiled yourself!

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pistol_Chimp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Hows that much different from the lair of Romulus missions?..they were pretty quick and then you collected a key at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I expected them to be at least 5-10 min longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
10 minutes has always been about the average time a mission takes. I don't see why they should change that.

Serrachio
10-22-2011, 03:32 PM
I was kinda disappointed that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Ezio shot that dude in the head, instead of sneaking up onto the group and murdering them. It seemed a little less subtle, but I guess Ezio is just being an all out brutal person seeing as he probably doesn't have long left.</span>

AnthonyA85
10-22-2011, 03:40 PM

All the chase missions in AC2 and ACB were short, round about 10 minutes-ish (afterall, the last Romulus lair had to be done in 8 minutes to get full synch)

I know i still probably won't like it though, i don't like chase missions, especially where i have to keep up with my target.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

All the chase missions in AC2 and ACB were short, round about 10 minutes-ish (afterall, the last Romulus lair had to be done in 8 minutes to get full synch)

I know i still probably won't like it though, i don't like chase missions, especially where i have to keep up with my target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea that's true. I also hate missions like that.

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
It looks like they improved the blood effects. I don't mind how long the mission is after all three of the tombs in Brotherhood had synch times of 8:00 so really it's not that much different.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Is there such thing as a full sync failed?

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 05:23 PM

What do you mean. If you mean within the mission there is, which I think he does fail. Can't read it though.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 05:46 PM
He failed the 100% sync, which was either don't get hit or don't loose health.

Atleast, that's what I think. And that was one of the standard things in a Lair of Romulus.

And yes, these are a replacement for the Assassin Tombs and Lairs of Romulus.

The pages of Ishak Pasha's diary will probably be something else entirely. Maybe the subject of the Bomb missions (the new exotic missions)?

NewBlade200
10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
The pages of Ishak Pasha's diary will probably be something else entirely. Maybe the subject of the Bomb missions (the new exotic missions)? Ugh, I hope not. I don't want to do some boring explosive filled mission just so I can read a mysterious diary. What does the diary do?

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Boring mission?

The exotic missions are really interesting!

And presumably they give you access to the unbreakable armor of ACR which is under Hagia Sophia

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
We don't know yet what is hidden underneath there. I personally think it is just a seal but could be Armour.

Evan52395
10-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Not doing the mission http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:46 PM
We don't know yet what is hidden underneath there. I personally think it is just a seal but could be Armour.

Nope, it is def. armor. It was confirmed by a thing on the GameStop facebook page. Ezio went into the Hagia Sophia and stole Ishak Pasha's armor.

AlphaAltair
10-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Wow! I only counted about 6 explosions that's far too few!

Also the difficulty there looks way too high, I mean if you stopped pushing forward on the stick and holding 2 buttons at once you could (maybe) fail the mission.

Remember the maxim- "Nothing is true, everything is exploding"

Dagio12
10-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:

Also the difficulty there looks way too high, I mean if you stopped pushing forward on the stick and holding 2 buttons at once you could (maybe) fail the mission.

well probably, seeing as your would stop moving and never complete the mission. That's an excellent point you made... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LightRey
10-23-2011, 03:55 AM

They should uphold the motto of the Mythbusters: "when in doubt, use more explosives".

AlphaAltair
10-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaAltair:

well probably, seeing as your would stop moving and never complete the mission. That's an excellent point you made... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Good thing we picked that up. Hopefully they change it, they could have an "autopilot" mode, that could broaden the fan base further to include non gamers, selling more copies!

reini03
10-23-2011, 04:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaAltair:

well probably, seeing as your would stop moving and never complete the mission. That's an excellent point you made... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Good thing we picked that up. Hopefully they change it, they could have an "autopilot" mode, that could broaden the fan base further to include non gamers, selling more copies! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! An autopilot that takes you through the whole game!! Awesome idea!

dewgel
10-23-2011, 04:23 AM

Yes, the guy failed and got 50% sync.

I don't see how this is a spoiler though, it's got absolutely no plot elements in it.
However, **********SPOILER BELOW************

The bit where Ezio retrieves the key is the bit from the trailer where he busts down a door and gets it.

PS. Wasn't their a full sync for doing the Romulus Lairs in under 8 mins? How is 10 mins or so bad? I don't want to be stuck down those catacombs for too long.

dxsxhxcx
10-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:

PS. Wasn't their a full sync for doing the Romulus Lairs in under 8 mins? How is 10 mins or so bad? I don't want to be stuck down those catacombs for too long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO any requirement that says we must complete a mission in "x" time to have 100% sync is bad, specially if it's in a place that we'll only go once in the game...

this doesn't give the players much freedom to choose which way they desire to play and also make us pass through the place so fast that we can't enjoy the view properly, some will say "but if you want, you can replay the mission to enjoy the view", but the point is, I don't want to be forced to replay a mission just to do that...

dewgel
10-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

PS. Wasn't their a full sync for doing the Romulus Lairs in under 8 mins? How is 10 mins or so bad? I don't want to be stuck down those catacombs for too long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO any requirement that says we must complete a mission in "x" time to have 100% sync is bad, specially if it's in a place that we'll only go once in the game...

this doesn't give the players much freedom to choose which way they desire to play and also make us pass through the place so fast that we can't enjoy the view properly, some will say "but if you want, you can replay the mission to enjoy the view", but the point is, I don't want to be forced to replay a mission just to do that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sort of agree. But the idea of full sync is doing it like Ezio did. Which means he just shot through it because he needed to get it done. It adds a challenge to do the free running bits quickly. You can easily go back and re-explore them.

dxsxhxcx
10-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

this doesn't give the players much freedom to choose which way they desire to play and also make us pass through the place so fast that we can't enjoy the view properly, some will say "but if you want, you can replay the mission to enjoy the view", but the point is, I don't want to be forced to replay a mission just to do that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can easily go back and re-explore them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's the point, I don't want to be forced to re-explore them just to enjoy them when I should do it when I play the mission for the first time... and IMO I would prefer if they work on other ways to give challenge to the players instead of dictate the way we should play the game...

NewBlade200
10-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Boring mission?

And presumably they give you access to the unbreakable armor of ACR which is under Hagia Sophia The exotic missions had no interest at all for me. If you find explosions interesting instead of tedious then good for you, but it takes more than explosions to impress me.

donngold
10-23-2011, 09:09 AM
There arent really any spoilers guys. I thought it was pretty cool but i dont get why he headshotted the guy. Also it looks like theres a bomb testing program at the bomb stations. And he had like a grey armor not the gold weve been seeing recently

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Boring mission?

And presumably they give you access to the unbreakable armor of ACR which is under Hagia Sophia The exotic missions had no interest at all for me. If you find explosions interesting instead of tedious then good for you, but it takes more than explosions to impress me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they weren't just explosions. They did have story and dialogue in it to ya know.

thedeadman_47
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Alright then I'm not going to watch it.
it's a normal demo walkthrough and there isn't much plot related

xx-pyro
10-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by donngold:
There arent really any spoilers guys. I thought it was pretty cool but i dont get why he headshotted the guy. Also it looks like theres a bomb testing program at the bomb stations. And he had like a grey armor not the gold weve been seeing recently

To me it looked like he was aiming for the barrels (presumably filled with explosives.) I thought he was aiming to blow them all up by igniting the barrells, but the fellows head got in the way. I mean, it took him like a second to take aim which leads me to believe he wasn't actually aiming for the person, because he normally takes longer to aim.

AssassinMac
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi all,

I'm the uploader of the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqMVL75vQ8

and here's my channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/MasTheBestCOD

If you have any questions, you're welcome !

Btw, i know that everybody asks himself if that was a main mission or not. And i now have the answer because I went back to the show which takes place in Paris until tomorrow. The answer is that it IS a main mission because the icon of the mission on the minimap had an exclamation mark in the middle of another symbol.

Once again I'm free for any questions, but I think it would be easier to post them on my YouTube channel.

Last thing, i'm going back to the Paris Games Week show tomorrow. I'll try to ask for the mission.

See ya, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MasTheBest