PDA

View Full Version : Radiator fluid leak damage modelling in PF.

Ironman69
05-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Does this exist in PF? I don't ever recall losing my engine from radiator damage. Or overheat and seizure from a lack of fluid. As I recall, the cooling system of all liquid cooled fighters was EXTREMELY vulnerable to even the slightest pot shot of a small caliber weapon. For example, on the early model Bf109F series..there was a system installed in which a pilot could use a shut off valve to cut the flow of radiator fluid from leaking out of the wing radiator if it's been damaged. Thus saving fluid for use on the other wing's radiator. Although this system was not used again until the introduction of the K series, this would be great to use if this is in fact modelled in PF. Anybody comment on this?

strelnik_Sipi
05-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Nope its not modeled. You cant damage radiators.

jurinko
05-26-2005, 07:21 AM
just 1 bullet from Me110 rear MG into the radiator of P-40 and it starts squeeking and leaking burning oil. I tested it in the arcade mode. However, it is not glycol.

If glycol coolers are modelled, just imagine those wing boxes in 109/Spitfire or the belly coolers on P-51/Yak/LaGGs - few well aimed MG hits (like into the IL-2 oil cooler) and the plane has few minutes to do crashlanding at best.

Hristos
05-26-2005, 08:03 AM
BIAS !!

Liquid cooled, that is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JG54_Arnie
05-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Hmm, shooting a few MG rounds into the radiator of an IL2 sure makes it go down.

Would be cool if that part of the DM would be advanced, BOB material probably. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jugent
05-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Glycol-radiators damages are not modelled in this game.
That is bad because many singe-radiator engines got down after a single hit in it.
The Me-109 got a valve wich managed the pilot to shut of a damaged radiator.
The 109 was able to limp back on low speed.
Many where forced to ditch.
The late spits got double radiators. They lost to many pilots over Europe because they where forced to crash or jump after a single hit in the radiator.
The IL-2 and some other crafts got oil-cooler damage-model.
If you try QCM and arcade model, it takes many hits in it before it starts to smoke..