PDA

View Full Version : Memory Glitches in AC2

Jedted
12-01-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed but i thought it was interesting.

Those little moments in AC2 where you press a button and Ezio takes off a the girl's dress(or don't press it and he just hugs her) seem to me like an advanced version of the Memory Glitches from AC1. If you pressed a button when the screen flashed you were treated to a different camera angle but if you ignored it then it didn't affect the story. This new system is much more dynamic in that you don't know what's gonna happen.

My question is in regaurds to the on screen prompt, would you rather have the old style Memory Glitches from AC1? Or do you want to see a prompt which says "press A"?

I like the Memory Glitches better since they blended nicely with the gameplay. I also wish they had more of them instead of just slipping em in at random points in the story.

Jedted
12-01-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed but i thought it was interesting.

Those little moments in AC2 where you press a button and Ezio takes off a the girl's dress(or don't press it and he just hugs her) seem to me like an advanced version of the Memory Glitches from AC1. If you pressed a button when the screen flashed you were treated to a different camera angle but if you ignored it then it didn't affect the story. This new system is much more dynamic in that you don't know what's gonna happen.

My question is in regaurds to the on screen prompt, would you rather have the old style Memory Glitches from AC1? Or do you want to see a prompt which says "press A"?

I like the Memory Glitches better since they blended nicely with the gameplay. I also wish they had more of them instead of just slipping em in at random points in the story.

JudgeQwerty
12-01-2009, 01:43 AM
The new versions are fun, but I kind of miss the old death scene glitches. I thought it was neat how they could be dying in your arms while lecturing you on their feet. The new death scenes are... underwhelming. to say the least.

Jedted
12-01-2009, 01:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
The new versions are fun, but I kind of miss the old death scene glitches. I thought it was neat how they could be dying in your arms while lecturing you on their feet. The new death scenes are... underwhelming. to say the least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get the feeling that was in response to feedback from people complaining about listening to the character prattle on after they just killed em(i felt it added to the story but that's me).

After you kill someone you tend not care about what they have to say. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wieetsguy
12-01-2009, 02:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoTM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
The new versions are fun, but I kind of miss the old death scene glitches. I thought it was neat how they could be dying in your arms while lecturing you on their feet. The new death scenes are... underwhelming. to say the least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get the feeling that was in response to feedback from people complaining about listening to the character prattle on after they just killed em(i felt it added to the story but that's me).

After you kill someone you tend not care about what they have to say. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's weird how Ezio simply excuses whomever he assassinates, tells them some Italian death proverb, and then R.I.P., while Alta´r engages in a full-blown Harvard debate on ethics.