PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Skins / Clothes / Classes

Fallen-Champ
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
I posted this first at fcmaps but thought it might be of interest to you guys also, I will place pics over at fcmaps as it is easier for me to link them over there.

Link Here (http://fcmaps.com/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?88463)

In the early Far Cry games on Console in the settings there was an area called Merc Kits (or something like that)
You could change some of the appearance to multiplayer characters.

Some stuff like Hats, Face Masks (gas mask) and scarves.
You had ammo belts and backpacks with or without radio
Then there was long and short sleeved T-shirts, hair and skin color and clothing colors.
Possibly 2 or 3 characters to choose from (I will get some pics from the FCIP game over the weekend)

Pretty basic stuff but great in Multiplayer, I always liked different characters in Timesplitters but that game was insane and had loads of them.

For Far Cry if I got a say I would go one of two ways.

1. Have a similar method to what they have on FCIP where you can swap around certain items to your own custom preference

2 Have each player class looking different (If Far Cry 3 adopts the player class system) e.g a Saboteur from FC2 could be light weight and possibly dark in clothing where a heavy weapon carrier could be loaded with ammo belts and webbing. That sort of thing, even better if you could customise some elements of clothing.

FC2 was incredibly dull in multiplayer character models - this to me would make a lot of sense, I don't know of anyone that did not like it when playing the game back on Instincts or Pred all those years ago.

Obviously when in team games the teams would have to be their respective colors.

They could keep it simple and quick/easy to select use, maybe playing through the single player could unlock some stuff - some could be thrown in with DLC if it happens.

Good or Bad Idea?

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Definately a good idea! Alot of us were disappointed with the exclusion of customizable characters. That's what made each person unique. We always knew who we were killing by the way they looked. And it comes in particularly handy in team games. I felt that taking that completely out and having the same generic avatars for each class was shameful and inexcusable. So I agree 1000% they need to bring character customization, at least to some degree, back into FC3's multiplayer.

SIX

legacyzero
06-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd like different character packs, but would gladly decline having them if it gave me more resources for better, more practical things in the editor.

killa_677
06-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes, customization would be awesome. Plus Dan Hay has already mentioned upgrades and stuff so customization could fit in...

Also I'd really like custom weapon classes and the ability to put designs on my weapons. Perhaps there could even be attachments for weapons. And no I'm not trying to be like COD it's just a fun addition to multiplayer. Just make sure everything is balanced.

zeeEVIL1
06-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I would like to see them implement a customization feature in that is similar to the Rainbow 6: Vegas one. And also the P.E.C. stat tracker that upgrades your character based on both single player and MP.

Silent-Eagle
06-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I support this one, maybe the xp system could go towards buying new gear? not sure i like the idea myself just a thought, kinda like how reach's works? and this happens i think it would be a good idea to let us choose between male and female avatars

Fallen-Champ
06-12-2011, 03:47 AM
I added in the pics so you can see what we are discussing and how the players would look in a match.

Topic Pics - Click Here (http://fcmaps.com/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?88463.last)

Blixen355
06-12-2011, 04:59 AM
ability to customize classes and stuff is nothing new, but ubi should definitely bring it in to this game series again. Im supporting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Auklin
09-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LAMBCHOP1972:
I am not a great fan of Weapon Classes so it would be great if the bigger weapons slow a played down where the lighter weapons let the player have more speed - Saboteur Class could be the quickest, I also like the idea that in Deathmatch Mode the players could customize cloths and skin and maybe appearance but when in teams they should all look similar - The only difference is that each class should look different IMO but wear the same color in team games.

the interesting point to bring up about Far Cry 3 is that it doesn't appear to have 'factions' like FC2 had. In FC2, players color and appearance were appointed to the faction they were in when playing team deathmatch. Far Cry 3 APPEARS to have lone gangs and criminal organizations, therefore, maybe your character won't need to change appearence/color if placed in a team, maybe you just shoot anything that doesn't have a name over it.

and having your charactor change with classes is possible, but would either remove full charactor customization, or severly water it down.

loki4769
09-13-2011, 02:48 AM
I love the idea character customization (NOT JUST MILATARY GARB!) but a few selections of shirts /jackets jeans & hair style & color & skintone, although I would stand out w/ my blue spiked mohawk leather jacket blue jeans & low top Chucks ...but I'll take that chance XD not so crazy about "class" system I love the AR 16 but hate the silenced pistol I hate the heavy machine but love the mac 10 let me choose my own secondary weapons oh & make the machete an fast instant kill. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

loki4769
09-13-2011, 02:51 AM
& customization of weapons would be nice from scopes/larger clips ect. what do you all think?

Liquidacid23
09-13-2011, 03:46 PM
eh in the single player part of a first person shooter I don't care what I look like cause I can't see myself and neither can anyone else except for the NPCs... maybe we could get a few different skins for your characters forearms and hands since that's all you are gonna ever see... lol